Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

jmar

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

I could see it playing out either way, but I think WE!!! is right in that Jack doesn't currently know that the coordinates are where Walt's money is at.  None of that crew was privy to the fact that Walt recently buried money.  However, Jack could start asking questions and figure it out.  Why else would Walt know the coordinates of where he's at unless those coordinates were important to him?  Why would Walt be out in the middle of the desert in the first place?  And depending on how everything plays out, Jesse might blab to Jack's crew about the fact that there's money out there.
Why the coordinates indeed?

On a side note...when does Saul's Big Boy give in to his desires a bolt out of the motel for the nearest buffet? He gotsta eats!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Why the coordinates indeed?

On a side note...when does Saul's Big Boy give in to his desires a bolt out of the motel for the nearest buffet? He gotsta eats!

Been trying to figure out where I had seen him before.

Finally figured it out.

Jurassic Park

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2013, 10:50:47 PM »
Also:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/09/12/lego-fans-can-start-building-bad-with-toy-meth-lab/

For the “Breaking Bad” fans who have everything, there is now a $250 Lego-like meth lab to add to the list.

The new toy, however, is not the creation of the Danish toy giant minting money selling bricks worldwide. Instead, it’s the latest product from Joe Trupia, the Chicago artist who runs a company called Citizen Brick that specializes in making its own creations by buying Legos and then essentially remaking them with the help of a printer.

. . .

Trupia said Citizen Brick tries to stay respectful to the Lego brand. Lego, in turn, says that while it does not endorse and sponsor The Breaking Bad set, it notes that Citizen Brick has complied with its Fair Play policy.

Speakeasy caught up with Trupia, 37, a few weeks after his “Breaking Bad” themed Lego-like “Super Lab” set hit the market last month, and he describes the pace as being “extremely crazy” due to strong demand.

“I set out to make items that I knew Lego would never make but that would still maintain the distinctive Lego aesthetic and production quality,” Tupia said. This is a departure for Citizen Brick, as the firm does not typically do work based on pop culture or licensed characters.

But a “Breaking Bad” meth lab – which looks much like the lab used during a couple of the hit show’s seasons – seemed like a natural fit. Although there is not mention of the words “Breaking Bad” or any of the characters in the show, there is no mistaking what the set resembles.

The Superlab is comprised of more than 500 Lego-like pieces including vats for chemicals and cooking, and even has a security camera that closely resembles the one Gus Fring installed to be able to monitor Walter White’s activities. The set comes with three mini-figurines closely resembling Walter White (“Chemistry Enthusiast”), Gustavo Fring (“Chicken Enthusianst”) and Mike (“World’s Best Grandpa”).

Citizen Brick started selling the Walter White-looking mini-figurine already in January. It only made sense to expand the range.

“In the show, the underground laboratory is this major set piece in the storyline. It felt like another character. It seemed like a great subject for a custom kit.”

. . .

Citizen Brick made a few hundred “Superlab” sets to start, which it sold to the core collectors who are frequent customers. These were gone within three weeks, but demand is much richer.

“I think as anticipation over the final season of Breaking Bad has increased, requests to make more have poured in. As of right now, we’re taking pre-orders to make more.”

. . .

“Some people object to the price, and a small minority thinks I’m trying to rally kids to manufacture methamphetamine themselves. The kit itself never mentions drugs, or violence, or specifics of the show directly. You’d have to be a pretty precocious kid to build your own meth lab after playing with our set.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

jmar

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »
 :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »
Yeah you and me both. Whoa. Shit got real. Like....real. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »

Yeah...why do you think he said what he said to Skylar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
Yeah...why do you think he said what he said to Skylar?

She's free.  No one knows she willfully extorted his money.  Now she can say Walt forced her to,do everything she did.

She's a crazy bitch though.  She ordered the hit on Pinkman and then gets a conscious and tells Walt to get the fuck out when he offers a chance for the family to be safe and rich.  Not saying Walt was right, but she's no mother Theresa.. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2013, 11:07:02 PM »
Speechless.  So far removed from the meandering of the final season of my favorite show ever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »
She's free.  No one knows she willfully extorted his money.  Now she can say Walt forced her to,do everything she did.

She's a crazy bitch though.  She ordered the hit on Pinkman and then gets a conscious and tells Walt to get the fuck out when he offers a chance for the family to be safe and rich.  Not saying Walt was right, but she's no mother Theresa..
THIS.

I think at this point, you're supposed to have changed your mind about Walt. You're not supposed to be rooting for him any more.

But I still am. Everyone he's left in his wake has done it to themselves.

Jesse being a bitch and ratting him out. Using his personal enemy as a conduit to be a snitch. After all they'd built together. All because he found out that he had given a non-lethal amount of a poisonous substance to a kid, in a calculated move to save both their asses, and it is established that the kid is perfectly fine?

Hank relentlessly pursuing him. While Walt did everything in his power to diffuse the situation, keep him out of it, and keep him alive, right down to the very end, he did not return the favor. It could have been avoided. Walt tried to save his life. By that point, it was too late.

Marie had to be a mommy part and, first of all, like Hank, go for the throat in relentlessly pursuing Walt's demise. I felt like she got a sick joy out of putting Skylar in her place. Her family won. Skylar's lost. She was lording it over her. And even moreso took pleasure in seeing Walter Jr. learn the truth about Walt.

Walt tried to save his family. Tried to get them out of there to a safe place where they could leave that entire life behind and start fresh. There was no time to explain now, but he had a perfectly rational explanation for how he escaped alive. Get your things and we'll talk about it on the road. We're a family. We can get through this. Nope. Bitch pulled a knife on him. SHE broke out the cutlery. SHE used it to actually break the skin and cut him. He tried to wrestle it away from her. And what does his son do? Call the cops and say his dad pulled a knife on his mom and is dangerous? WTF, kid? Up to that point he was showing loyalty to his father to the point where he refused to believe what Walt was up to. I get that he was close to Hank. But he told them that he tried to save him. They weren't listening.

My wife said she "couldn't believe" I would still defend him at this point. That he's a monster. I still don't see it that way. I still have sympathy for him. I hope he gets away with everything. I don't think that he will.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:22:52 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #270 on: September 16, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
I can't defend Walt because he single handedly ruined what seemed to be a typical good American family. 

We don't konw what Walt was like pre-cancer, but I imagine he was a control freak.  One of those nice guy control freaks that never had a reason to overreact.

I think Skyler is being a dumb bitch in the same vein as Laurie from Walking Dead.  Laurie wanted Rick to (SPOILERS OH SHIT SPOILERS) kill Shane and then looked at him like he was a monster when he finally did. 

Skyler wanted to help Walt cover it up and when Hank finally got the cuffs on him, Walt (in her view) took action.  Shit, Skyler helped make that video.  I think it may have even been her idea.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #271 on: September 16, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »
What is to become of Huell? May be the question that is never answered:

Man, I hope them boys come back pretty soon.  I'm gettin' hongry.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2013, 03:31:25 PM »
Stealing this comment from elsewhere;

I'm amazed that the supposed 'trolling' by Gilligan is mentioned, but not the fact that Flynn/WaltJr first asks Skylar, 'Why did you go along with him?' in front of Marie, and then in the car, most devastatingly and correctly -- "You're just as bad as he is."

Skylar is every bit a monster as Walter is, including 'stealing' the kids from the spouse. It's a joke that the supposed 'feminist defenders' of a lying, cheating, stealing, adulterous, murder-suggesting, meth-profiting character such as Skylar think people have her all wrong.

Also, Todd is a fucked up individual.  We know he has a thing for Lydia, but the guy is possibly autistic.  Who knows what the fuck is wrong with him. 

His family now has millions and millions of dollars. Cooking blue meth isn't and shouldn't be of their concern, but for some reason he is forcing Jesse to cook.  Why?

I think it's in his head that if he can get the blue meth rolling into Lydia's hands, he'll be able to win her over. 

I'm also reminded of a line Mike said earlier in season 5:

"We had a good thing going, Walt."

And he made a few more comments about how Gus was special when it came to running a drug empire.  And looking back at it, he was. 

Imagine the security Walt and his family would have if he dropped Jesse when he joined up with Gus.  I don't think Jesse would have even cared.  It was Walt's love - for whatever reason - for Jesse that started the downward spiral. 

He could have cooked meth every day in that laundry mat, picked up his hundred thousand dollar paycheck, and gone home to his family.  But by sticking with Jesse, Gus was going to have to get rid of them because Jesse was unstable and would get in Gus's way of doing things. 

The drug empire fell into the hands of Walt who as Mike said is a "ticking time bomb," which turned out to be true.  Then even worse, it appears that the blue meth has fallen into the hands of a bunch of redneck Nazis who are careless (blood on the shoe) and sociopathic (Todd).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »
Now Im really wondering who the ricin and guns were for? The early foreshadowing showed Walt gearing up for something one last time. Is Skylar the target? Maybe Jessie escapes and him and Walt have one final showdown? Maybe Walt hears what Uncle Jack is doing with Jessie and decides to just wipe em all out, himself included?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:52 AM »
Now Im really wondering who the ricin and guns were for? The early foreshadowing showed Walt gearing up for something one last time. Is Skylar the target? Maybe Jessie escapes and him and Walt have one final showdown? Maybe Walt hears what Uncle Jack is doing with Jessie and decides to just wipe em all out, himself included?

Gotta be the Nazis.  They took his money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:18 AM »
I'm thinking Walt goes back for Jesse, kills the Nazis. Jesse kills Todd only after Todd shoots Walt. The final scene will be every character is in a dinner, packing heat. When Jesse shoots Saul, and you have 5 minutes straight of gun fire...everyone dies. Then before the credits roll, some guy doing a voice over says "Meth kills everyone that you care about, say no to Meth" while the camera pans over all the dead bodys in the little dinner.
We all thought everyone died, but the only person left is Holly and she's sitting in her stroller holding a tiny keychain gun with smoke still coming out of the barrel while she grins. Then it says that 10 years later Holly, with her foster parents, had her name legally changed to Beatrice Kiddo.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:55:08 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »
I'm thinking Walt goes back for Jesse, kills the Nazis. Jesse kills Todd only after Todd shoots Walt. The final scene will be every character is in a dinner, packing heat. When Jesse shoots Saul, and you have 5 minutes straight of gun fire...everyone dies. Then before the credits roll, some guy doing a voice over says "Meth kills everyone that you care about, say no to Meth" while the camera pans over all the dead bodys in the little dinner.
We all thought everyone died, but the only person left is Holly and she's sitting in her stroller holding a tiny keychain gun with smoke still coming out of the barrel while she grins. Then it says that 10 years later Holly, with her foster parents, had her name legally changed to Beatrice Kiddo.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2013, 10:18:04 AM »
I have decided I want to have Marie's babies.  I don't know why. 

Then I hope that baby grows up and murders Skyler.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »

Right before Walt hung up on Skyler, he told her he had something he needed to take care of.  He could have been talking about contacting the guy that will help him disappear, or he could have been talking about putting Holly somewhere that she could be found and returned to Skyler.

But, I think Walt was referring to the fact that he needed to get away and plan his revenge against the Nazis.  Like THS said, they took his money that he threw away his life to earn, so I don't think he's just going to disappear and let that one go.

Unless they have a dramatic final change in Walt's character (which is completely possible), I don't think he'll kill Jesse...at least not intentionally.  Maybe he comes back and tries to kill the Nazis, but doesn't realize Jesse is cooking for them and accidentally kills him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

jmar

« Reply #279 on: September 17, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »
Right before Walt hung up on Skyler, he told her he had something he needed to take care of.  He could have been talking about contacting the guy that will help him disappear, or he could have been talking about putting Holly somewhere that she could be found and returned to Skyler.

But, I think Walt was referring to the fact that he needed to get away and plan his revenge against the Nazis.  Like THS said, they took his money that he threw away his life to earn, so I don't think he's just going to disappear and let that one go.

Unless they have a dramatic final change in Walt's character (which is completely possible), I don't think he'll kill Jesse...at least not intentionally.  Maybe he comes back and tries to kill the Nazis, but doesn't realize Jesse is cooking for them and accidentally kills him.
Maybe he teams with Lydia initially because I don't see Walt going all Indiana Jones after Nazis. I could however envision a giant explosion as with Gus but don't really care to see that AGAIN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions