Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2013, 01:10:37 AM »
That was intense.  But...it was lame drawing out the shoot out.  Hank and Gomez versus guys with semiautomatics.  Should have ended in five seconds.

Hank and Gomes better be dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2013, 01:22:47 AM »
Hank and Gomes better be dead.

Agreed.  I was really worried Gomez was about to blast Hank.  That would have been easy writing.  I think Gomez will definitely die.  rhen hank gets shot and Walt climbs out of the truck to put and end to it before Hank dies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2013, 02:29:13 AM »
From Aaron Paul (Jessie) Pretty much sums it up for me
Heart will speed up. Breathing will slow down. You will want to look away but won't be strong enough. The worst is yet to come. #BreakingBad
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:48 AM »
Holy fucking shit this show is awesome.

I was able to forget that we know Walt survives and avoids being locked up, at least to this point in the narrative. Because the opening scene of this half-season.

I almost wish they hadn't started with that scene. Ruined the suspense of the house fire, and now this episode's climax.

However, I will not question their judgement, lo the Breaking Bad writing staff works in mysterious ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
The best part to me is the use of Michael Bowen as Uncle Jack.

Bowen has been in a ton of stuff, but his career arc fits three very different (and important to me) stages of my life. 

He was the douchebag boyfriend in one of my favorite 80s teen movies, Valley Girl:

He was Buck Who Liked to F*** and unwillingly provided Uma Thurman with a sweet set of wheels in Kill Bill.

And now he's uncle Jack. 

Side note that few people know?  David and Keith Carradine are his brothers.  Half brothers, but still. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
If any of you are still playing the color game, Marie was in all black when Hank called from the desert. 

Just saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #246 on: September 09, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »
Why didn't Walt just kill himself? 

I couldn't remember if he ever gave an answer to this.  The money is buried and could have easily been given to Skyler and the kids through Saul.  The investigation dies.  Walt's going to die anyway.  He had absolutely nothing to live for. 

Why not go driving down the highway and lose control of the car?  Just crash into a tree.  Doesn't even look like a suicide. 

Also, I got an advanced screening of next week's Breaking Bad:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #247 on: September 09, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
Why didn't Walt just kill himself? 

I couldn't remember if he ever gave an answer to this.  The money is buried and could have easily been given to Skyler and the kids through Saul.  The investigation dies.  Walt's going to die anyway.  He had absolutely nothing to live for. 

Why not go driving down the highway and lose control of the car?  Just crash into a tree.  Doesn't even look like a suicide. 

Once he got to his money and realized that it was a ploy to get him there, I would imagine that Walt assumed that Hank was recording the conversation in which Walt admitted to multiple murders of drug dealers and other activities.  With his guilt pretty much proven, Walt knew that the money was gone.  Like Hank said, they'd have to do some digging, but they know the general area of where it's buried, so they'd find it, and it would be kept by the DEA as evidence.

If Walt kills himself, there's essentially no chance that the money gets to his family.  Saul doesn't know where Walt buried it, and even if he did, the DEA's gotten to it first.  If Walt stays alive, he can at least try to beat the charges or otherwise cast doubt on the source of the cash.  His family has a better chance at getting the money if he's alive than if he's dead at this point.

Unless you mean that Walt should have killed himself before this past episode...then none of the above would really apply.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #248 on: September 09, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »
If any of you are still playing the color game, Marie was in all black when Hank called from the desert. 

Just saying.

Nice catch...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
http://www.avclub.com/articles/attention-do-not-use-the-gps-coordinates-in-breaki,101841/
Unfortunate news for anyone hoping to use the coordinates mentioned in Sunday’s episode of Breaking Bad to unearth their own buried treasure: Breaking Bad is a television show whose characters and situations are purely fictional, and also, those coordinates don’t actually lead where the episode suggests they do. In “Buried,” Walter White has his money stuffed into barrels that he then drives out into the middle of the desert, using a GPS tracker to pinpoint their secret location as +34° 59′ 20.00″, -106° 36′ 52”, right next to the little bush. Yet anyone who actually goes looking in that spot for his ill-gotten spoils definitely won’t find a barren landscape concealing the fortune of a fake man.

Instead, they’ll find the home of Albuquerque Studios, the production facility where much of Breaking Bad has been filmed alongside other projects such as The Avengers—so, a place that yields huge caches of money, yes, but not in the “stuffed into barrels you can dig out of the ground” kind of way. (Another hidden joke: If you add up all the numbers in the coordinates, then subtract them from 5,318,315, then hold your calculator upside down, it looks like the word “BOOBIES.” What does it mean?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2013, 02:13:41 AM »
Once he got to his money and realized that it was a ploy to get him there, I would imagine that Walt assumed that Hank was recording the conversation in which Walt admitted to multiple murders of drug dealers and other activities.  With his guilt pretty much proven, Walt knew that the money was gone.  Like Hank said, they'd have to do some digging, but they know the general area of where it's buried, so they'd find it, and it would be kept by the DEA as evidence.

If Walt kills himself, there's essentially no chance that the money gets to his family.  Saul doesn't know where Walt buried it, and even if he did, the DEA's gotten to it first.  If Walt stays alive, he can at least try to beat the charges or otherwise cast doubt on the source of the cash.  His family has a better chance at getting the money if he's alive than if he's dead at this point.

Unless you mean that Walt should have killed himself before this past episode...then none of the above would really apply.
We think Saul doesn't know where the money is but he did come to the car wash. I'm just not so sure we have to see it happen or hear it said at this point for it to be possible, The gunfight at the burial site is on and we don't know who survives but if I were Walt, I would choose Saul to handle the money because he is the least threatening and capable of pulling off the dig.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:16:16 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »
Also we know that Saul lives since he's getting his own TV show. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:27 AM »
Also we know that Saul lives since he's getting his own TV show.
He's had 'em before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »
We think Saul doesn't know where the money is but he did come to the car wash. I'm just not so sure we have to see it happen or hear it said at this point for it to be possible, The gunfight at the burial site is on and we don't know who survives but if I were Walt, I would choose Saul to handle the money because he is the least threatening and capable of pulling off the dig.

Walt went to the trouble of hiding the money from everyone, including his wife who has been complicit with laundering it.  I don't think he'd let Saul know the location of the money unless he had an imminent reason for doing so.  The fewer people that know its location, the less chance he gets caught.

Walt doesn't know that the money is (allegedly) in jeopardy until right after his meeting at the car wash with Saul, so I don't think he had the opportunity to let Saul know where the money is at that point.

But it's possible that Saul knows because Walt wanted someone to be able to get to it if he died of cancer or something else.  Regardless, I still don't think Walt killing himself in the desert would have been the most logical thing to do if he really wanted to get the money to his family.  At that point in time, Hank knows the money is in that area, and Gomez is directed to stay there until other DEA agents arrive; Saul would have no chance at getting the money.  So if Walt kills himself, his family gets nothing.  If he stays alive, he is at least able to try to get the money to them, even though his chances are slim given the evidence that will now put him away.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:11:37 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2013/09/amc-announces-plans-for-a-breaking-bad-spinoff-series-featuring-saul-goodman/

AMC and Sony Pictures Television confirmed today that they have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff of Vince Gilligan’s landmark AMC/SPT series Breaking Bad. As conceived, the new series is based on the show’s popular Saul Goodman character with the working title Better Call Saul. Plans call for Saul to be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
so basically since its a prequel, Saul could live or die. Brilliant Vince.
Yes and we are are led to believe only Uncle Jack has the coordinates. Jack now has Walt over a barrel (NPI) for the promised last cook as well as the money if he wishes. So much for honor among thieves...after all, he and his posse are about to kill two DEA Agents who haven't called for back-up as far as I can tell. This is why I say Saul is the ONLY one can deliver the money to Walt's "surviving family members."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2013, 09:09:16 PM »
Yes and we are are led to believe only Uncle Jack has the coordinates. Jack now has Walt over a barrel (NPI) for the promised last cook as well as the money if he wishes. So much for honor among thieves...after all, he and his posse are about to kill two DEA Agents who haven't called for back-up as far as I can tell. This is why I say Saul is the ONLY one can deliver the money to Walt's "surviving family members."

Uncle Jack just knows the coordinates for where Walt and Jesse are. Not where the money is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »
Uncle Jack just knows the coordinates for where Walt and Jesse are. Not where the money is...
Yeah I might be giving Jack too much credit here but I think he has a clue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »

I could see it playing out either way, but I think WE!!! is right in that Jack doesn't currently know that the coordinates are where Walt's money is at.  None of that crew was privy to the fact that Walt recently buried money.  However, Jack could start asking questions and figure it out.  Why else would Walt know the coordinates of where he's at unless those coordinates were important to him?  Why would Walt be out in the middle of the desert in the first place?  And depending on how everything plays out, Jesse might blab to Jack's crew about the fact that there's money out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions