Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2013, 10:47:15 PM »
Wow.  I didn't figure the Walt/Hank showdown would happen this soon. 

Tread lightly.  Motherfuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2013, 11:11:17 PM »
Makes me wonder what could possibly be planned for 7 episodes.

Also, everyone's against Walt now.  Skylar, Jesse, Hank, and now also Lydia.  I'm sure the other people profiting from Walt's blue are not going to be happy he's no longer cooking.

I think the rest of the season will be setting up a "Who's going to get Walt?" ending.  Will it be Jesse who is losing his mind and could possibly go ahead and shoot Walt when Walt comes to him for help?  Will it be Hank who has been tracking Heisenberg since season 1 and let's not forget Hank's pride and how it's been damaged by Walt being there under his nose the entire time.  Maybe Lydia puts a hit out on Walt?  Maybe some Czech Republic boss wants the recipe? Maybe it's the cancer.

Maybe Walt goes out in a blaze of glory.  He beats cancer.  Jesse kills himself.  Skylar drowns.  Lydia and the Czechs are slain in a gun battle with cartel members.  On Walt's 52nd birthday, he tracks down Hank and shoots him with a machine gun.  End scene with Walt and Walt Jr. feeding Holly her first meal of bacon and eggs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »
Or even better - Walt goes on witness protection.  Beats Hank to the punch making Hank look like he covered up Walt's actions.  I mean, Walt's drug money did pay for the now functional legs Hank is carrying around. 

Walt goes straight to the DEA headquarters and says, "I can give you an international drug trade, and I can make it look like a small DEA office in booney fuckville New Mexico is a force for all international drug trades to reckon with." 

The Albuquerque DEA splooges in their pants right there, and Walt grins while wearing his hat.  He realizes that now Heisenberg's role in life is finished.  He as Walter White will accept their witness protection program and move to New Hampshire.  There he will try to find solace in running a bakery where he can do chemistry all day long.

Skyler however is angry and pissed that Walt turned on Hank and got Hank fired from his job.  Hank has a heart attack due to the rage he feels and Skyler and Marie move in together to take care of Holly while Walt Jr goes to college. 

Even though Walt's family is gone, he is safe.  They are safe.  The drug organization was stopped.  Jesse either gets better or commits suicide, but either way, Jesse is out of Walt's life. 

But it doesn't end there.  No, no. 

There's one caveat.  Mike.

Mike didn't die.  In season 5, there were multiple references to good Samaritans.  One was when the dump truck was "broken down" on the tracks during the train robbery episode.  A good Samaritan Native American drives up to help.  When Walt brought Jesse the money, he referred to a time when the RV broke down and Jesse had to walk to get gas.  He said, "I prayed that the cops wouldn't show up or a good Samaritan." 

Mike slouched over due to blood loss and apathy because he was dying knowing his 9 guys and 1 lawyer were dead, Walt had just shot him, and worst of all, Kaylee was out of money.  After he fell, Walt left.  But before Mike slipped away into the neverlands, a good Samaritan comes up.  Gets Mike to a hospital.  Saves his life. 

Which also referencing tonight's episode is plausible.  Walt promised Jesse that Mike was still alive. 

So Mike heals up.  Shit goes down with Walt, the DEA, and the international drug ring.  Once it quiets down, once Skyler and Marie move in together, that's when Mike makes his move.

He shoots Skyler, Marie, Walt Jr, and Holly.  Leaves them dead.  Leaves some kind of token or note that lets Walt know that it was him.  Walt comes back to New Mexico and purchases a machine gun. 

He's going to kill Mike to end the show. 

**None of this will happen because Walt is recognized as Heisenberg.  It's spray painted in his house.  His neighbor showed genuine fear at the sight of him.  Also, a Mike-Walt showdown to end the show would be lame.  Maybe someone else though? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2013, 02:27:15 AM »
Wow.  I didn't figure the Walt/Hank showdown would happen this soon. 

Tread lightly.  Motherfuck.
The tread lightly comment was such a bad ass line almost as good as I am Danger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #184 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
Until the last six minutes the show moved really, really slowly. 

I hope Skyler dies a grisly death.  Never hated a character on TV any more than I hate her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
I think somehow, everyone will die.

Errbody. The whole series echoes a Greek tragedy too much to not end like one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »
I think somehow, everyone will die.

Errbody. The whole series echoes a Greek tragedy too much to not end like one.

I think the only one dead at the end is Walt. Either by cancer or Jesse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #187 on: August 12, 2013, 10:40:14 PM »
Everyone dies except Walt. And Walt is Cancer free. And he has all the money and no one to give a damn about him. Or they all survive and no one gives a damn about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
The Ozymandius- based discussion going around the webs is interesting.  Some reach, but some nice synchronicity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
The Ozymandius- based discussion going around the webs is interesting.  Some reach, but some nice synchronicity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
Everyone dies except Walt. And Walt is Cancer free. And he has all the money and no one to give a damn about him. Or they all survive and no one gives a damn about him.
I would be willing to bet good money that at least Walt dies. I suspect a lot more die in his wake.

It's kind of the rules of this sort of story. The kind of hubris that Walt displays must be punished by the story's end. From every Greek tragedy to Scarface.

I don't know if anyone caught "Talking Bad" after, but they talked about how even when Walt got drunk around Hank and Hank says he gave up investigating Gale, but said he was a genius, Walt was too proud to give Gale any credit and said he was copying off someone else's work, which put Hank back on Heisenberg's trail despite having a perfect fall-guy in Gale.

Arrogance is why Walt walked away from the company he had helped build that could have made him millions, why he kept cooking after his former partner from said business offered to pay for his treatment, why he went back to cooking after his cancer treatment worked.

He's going to die for that sin, I can guarantee.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:20:04 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
The theory I could fully support:

In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.

When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches – just as Crazy 8 had done. Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny’s), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates).  When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office – he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny’s, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he’s using Skyler’s maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims – I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny’s in the Season 5 cold open.

Yes, please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »

Yes, please.

I can see this.

It's not hard to see it coming.  Walt wants control of his family even after he's dead.  That's how this all got started.  He couldn't stand the idea of having his family not only in debt to his cancer treatments but also not provided for by his paycheck.  So he started cooking meth.

Then throughout the show even when Walt becomes more absorbed into the drug game, he still wants control of his family.  Skyler is willing to launder his money and keep his secret as long as the kids can go away.  Walt didn't like this idea so he squashed it.  He has to have control.  He has to have his family under his finger.

How do you think he's going to react when Hank tells Marie and they pull Skyler and the kids away from Walt as fast as possible?  Once Skyler knows that Hanks knows, it's over for Walt and his family.  And you can believe that we're going to have a "garage door" face to face discussion between Skyler and Walt just like Hank and Walt; except expect Walt to take full advantage of an inferior opponent similar to how he treats Jesse.  Skyler won't acquiesce to his demands because she's on Hanks side and Walt will kill her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2013, 11:39:37 PM »

Yes, please.

Yes, please.
Walt also tipped outrageously. One might say he was throwing away money...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2013, 01:42:38 AM »
I'm thinking Skyleaeaer started liking Walt just a bit after he told her he was out of the drug business.  It was a month later, so I'm assuming she eyed him carefully and began noticing same ole Walt back at the house.  Then when Walt started working more at the car wash and suggesting they open more, you could see her eyes light up with glee at the thought of being a business tycoon in their mid-sized New Mexican town. 

Then Hank starts pressuring her and she realizes she's alone.  She has to turn to a lawyer.  Hank tries to convince her that he cares most about her but she can see that Hank just wants to nail the case.  Even her sister Marie slaps her in the face and is disgusted with her.  And then Marie tries to take her baby from her? 

And to top it off, Walt's cancer is back and he passes out on the bathroom floor.  She cares for him all night and then tells him they should keep quiet about everything. 

Next few episodes, I'm thinking we'll see some rekindling of their relationship only to build up to a great fall.  Much like a typical tragedy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »
I can see this.

It's not hard to see it coming.  Walt wants control of his family even after he's dead.  That's how this all got started.  He couldn't stand the idea of having his family not only in debt to his cancer treatments but also not provided for by his paycheck.  So he started cooking meth.

Then throughout the show even when Walt becomes more absorbed into the drug game, he still wants control of his family.  Skyler is willing to launder his money and keep his secret as long as the kids can go away.  Walt didn't like this idea so he squashed it.  He has to have control.  He has to have his family under his finger.

How do you think he's going to react when Hank tells Marie and they pull Skyler and the kids away from Walt as fast as possible?  Once Skyler knows that Hanks knows, it's over for Walt and his family.  And you can believe that we're going to have a "garage door" face to face discussion between Skyler and Walt just like Hank and Walt; except expect Walt to take full advantage of an inferior opponent similar to how he treats Jesse.  Skyler won't acquiesce to his demands because she's on Hanks side and Walt will kill her.

You couldn't have been more wrong...haha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
You couldn't have been more wrong...haha

That's why I love the show.  I can't predict it. 

I mean, the obvious things are predictable.  You knew Hank would find out eventually.  But as for how the story is going to progress?  No clue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2013, 02:20:19 AM »
I already know the ending, but I don't want to ruin it for everyone. One hint though, the guy that shot the kid when they were done robbing the train...he shoots Walt in the head.

(que somber song)

Role credits
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »
If I recall correctly, Marie ran over the next door kid's toy car a few seasons ago.  One of the recent episodes shows Walt almost running over it, but avoiding it.

Thoughts?  This obviously foreshadows the possibility of something, but I don't know what.  I think Marie ran over the toy car shortly after being caught stealing.  Maybe this alludes to the fact that, unlike Marie, Walt won't get caught?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
If I recall correctly, Marie ran over the next door kid's toy car a few seasons ago.  One of the recent episodes shows Walt almost running over it, but avoiding it.

Thoughts?  This obviously foreshadows the possibility of something, but I don't know what.  I think Marie ran over the toy car shortly after being caught stealing.  Maybe this alludes to the fact that, unlike Marie, Walt won't get caught?

Seems a bit nitpicky even for Vince's style. 

We also know that Walt does get caught or at least exposed.  His house was boarded up, fenced, and had Heisenberg spray painted inside of it. 

I could see it maybe being a subtle reminder that Marie was a thief in older episodes.  Hank sees Walt as a monster because he's breaking the law that Hank is supposed to protect.  Marie stole and stole (remember Hank said "again" when he found out about the tiara) and he always got her out of it without seeing her as a bad guy. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:11:09 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions