Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
Supposedly, 16 episodes will be divided into two mini-seasons of 8.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »
Supposedly, 16 episodes will be divided into two mini-seasons of 8.

Oh...good...

What happens now?

I assume Gus will take over? When does Jesse find out about the poisoning? Will the conflict simply be Gus vs. DEA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 03:41:11 PM »
I assume you mean Walt.

There's a lot of angles open.  Of course.  That's what makes the show great.

Hank vs. Walt is coming.  It's inevitable.  Hank keeps seeing things the other DEA guys aren't.  He's always finding the obscure pieces of evidence, and no matter what Walt tries to do, there's something he missed which will lead Hank right to him. 

Don't forget the scene where Skylar tossed the coin on the four corners.  It landed on Colorado.  Either Skylar's going to disappear with the kids or that's where Walt takes his family into hiding.

Walt's out of money.  While Walt thinks he's won against Gus, there's still Mike and Hank and any remnants of the cartel and others he has to look out for.  If he wants to use that guy to change his identity, he's going to need to make $200,000.  Bam.  Walt's cooking again. 

We were given hints about Gus's influence and power towards the end of the season.  The Mexican doctor saying Gus pays his salary.  Mike's allegiance to Gus (punching Walt in the face).  The cartel's inability to kill Gus because Gus has so many distribution centers to transport drugs.  Someone will have to step up and take over Gus's organization.  Why not Walt?  He cooks.  He's ruthless.  Now, getting him to that point will be complicated because why would any of Gus's men trust a broke, vengeful Walter White? 

Cancer.  We were reminded about Walt's cancer when he went in for tests in that one episode.   

Damn I wish the next season started next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
So I finally caught the first 3 episodes on Netflix last night. Wow.....pretty complex show. I like the flow and the schizo nature of Walt already. I will continue to try and watch a few episodes a night to get caught up to current. But yeah, I agree with you guy - pretty good show. Catching an obscure episode midstream like I did a few months ago really didn't do the show justice. Jesse actually had me cracking up in parts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »
The way the show progresses from season one to season four is unlike any show I've ever seen.  I have no doubt that anyone who gives the show a chance from season one will fall in love with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 10:08:34 AM »
The way the show progresses from season one to season four is unlike any show I've ever seen.  I have no doubt that anyone who gives the show a chance from season one will fall in love with it.

I actually don't think it is a show for anyone, much like the Sopranos. Those who like complex plots with precise angles and NO plotholes will probably like it. Some folks tend to like more simplistic shows like most of the sitcoms of today, which I think are crap. The subject matter (meth + cancer) will also not be very appealing to the G rated crowd, but I think they pull it off well here. Tons of angles and paths to go down. I am already interested to see how this show will end when it does.

I LIKEY a lot. I am surprised Kaos doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »
So I finally caught the first 3 episodes on Netflix last night. Wow.....pretty complex show. I like the flow and the schizo nature of Walt already. I will continue to try and watch a few episodes a night to get caught up to current. But yeah, I agree with you guy - pretty good show. Catching an obscure episode midstream like I did a few months ago really didn't do the show justice. Jesse actually had me cracking up in parts.

Jesse continues to have some hilarious quotes up to and throughout season 3.  Things get a little more serious in season 4, and if you like Walt's schizo nature thus far in only the first three episodes, it gets better.

I just started catching up on the entire series this past month.  I've seen up to episode 5 on season 4.  Netflix doesn't have season 4 right now, so if you reach that point prior to Netflix having it, I'd suggest trying to find it online.  A Google search will lead you to a few different sites where you can watch it for free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
Also, I'd suggest looking up the bloopers on YouTube.  There aren't a whole lot of them, and most aren't particularly hilarious per se, but it's pretty funny to watch Walt when he's not being a serious chemistry teacher/meth cook.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:59:09 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »
Also, I'd suggest looking up the bloopers on YouTube.  There aren't a whole lot of them, and most aren't particularly hilarious per se, but it's pretty funny to watch Walt when he's not being a serious chemistry teacher/meth cook.

Pretty funny to see him in that context. Wasn't that guy on the Malcolm X goes to the Middle show?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 11:02:06 PM »
Yeah, he was the father...which is also weird to think of him in that role now after seeing his personality develop throughout Breaking Bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
I would like to thank ya'll for turning me on to this show.  I am playing catch up now on netflix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
I would like to thank ya'll for turning me on to this show.  I am playing catch up now on netflix.

I am having to catch Season 4 on itunes and amazon. It is not on Netflix as of yesterday.

And yes, damn good show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
Lots going on in the first episode.  I suppose the diner scene is our glimpse at the finale.  I wonder who is going to be catching the fury from that fucking heater in the trunk.

I grossly underestimated Mike's loyalty to Gus...and his connection with Jessie.  Line of the night: "It's the international sign for 'keys.'"

Skylar is scared of Walt...and now she scares the fuck out of Beneke.  I think she liked it, too. 

Saul...man, I thought Saul would show some sac when Walt was strong-arming him.  Crack wise, laugh at danger, something.  I was surprised to find myself disappointed in him when he pussied up.

Poor Hank.  He's vindicated and still can't be satisfied.  Tough break losing the laptop, but I bet that Swiss bank account information will prove illuminating.  My guess is that it will tie us back to the Peruvians (I think that's where Gus came from) and will signal the beginning of a big fucking war.

RIP Walter White.  Heisenberg choked him out, finally. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 12:10:33 AM »
Don't forget that Walt was popping pills in the bathroom. 

I think the end will be Walt going fucking postal because he's on his last leg of life and something bad has happened to his family. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 08:28:39 AM »
Ok.  So done with season 2.  Like it a little better.  The scene where Walt sort of gives over to that side by confronting the dealers in the parking lot of the fake home depot was pretty good.  Still not completely believable but okay. 

I realized that in many ways this is trying to be Sopranos. 

Walt is Tony.  Tony had anxiety issues that led him to see a shrink and put his life in danger.  Struggled with who and what he was but always ended up being pulled back in -- because he likes the life.  Walt has cancer.  Finds out he likes the life and can't get out. 

Skyler is Carmela.  Not quite hot enough to be hot, but attractive in her own way.  Thinks she might want out, fantasizes about her boss/wallpaper guy/husband's driver.  Puts Tony/Walt out of the house and causes him to do bad things.  Tony/Walt thinks everything he does is for her. 

Flynn/Jr. is Anthony Jr.  Useless son.  Anthony's handicap is laziness and weakness. Flynn's is the crutches.

Jesse is Christopher.  The love/hate relationship where Walt/Tony have to continually cover for the mistakes junkie Chrissy/Jesse makes, the anger and frustration are very similar.  Wanting to trust him, continually being reminded that he can't.  Just very much the same. 

Jane is Adriana. Hot, slinky.  Sacrificed by Tony/Walt for self preservation and control reasons.

The guy from Pollos is Johnny Sack.

The idiots Jesse hires are the same kind of idiots in Tony's crews. 

Hank is in a way Paulie.  Always a fringe danger to Tony or Walt but just for different reasons. 

The angles are very similar.  Sopranos is still better. It's the platinum standard.  It's KISS.  This is Mr. Speed, a KISS tribute band.  Still entertaining, but still a tribute band. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
I've never seen The Sopranos. 

So in that regard, Breaking Bad is better. 

And just wait until season 3.  That's when shit hits the fan. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
Lots going on in the first episode.  I suppose the diner scene is our glimpse at the finale.  I wonder who is going to be catching the fury from that fucking heater in the trunk.

I grossly underestimated Mike's loyalty to Gus...and his connection with Jessie.  Line of the night: "It's the international sign for 'keys.'"

Skylar is scared of Walt...and now she scares the fuck out of Beneke.  I think she liked it, too. 

Saul...man, I thought Saul would show some sac when Walt was strong-arming him.  Crack wise, laugh at danger, something.  I was surprised to find myself disappointed in him when he pussied up.

Poor Hank.  He's vindicated and still can't be satisfied.  Tough break losing the laptop, but I bet that Swiss bank account information will prove illuminating.  My guess is that it will tie us back to the Peruvians (I think that's where Gus came from) and will signal the beginning of a big fucking war.

RIP Walter White.  Heisenberg choked him out, finally.

And it's probably just cartel semantics since they are all interconnected, but wasn't Gus from Chile? But yeah, I agree on your premise. That acct will tie back to the international origins of Gus' operation.

I also am not sure what to make out of the diner scene. If that is not a wig, then Walt has gotten his hair back from cancer treatment and a lot of it. Looking at the length of his hair, the diner scene is a good ways down the road from the opening season episode.

Beneke really fucked them up squandering that money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »
I've never seen The Sopranos. 

So in that regard, Breaking Bad is better. 

And just wait until season 3.  That's when shit hits the fan.

If you like this show you should do yourself a favor and get Sopranos.  Best show ever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »
If you like this show you should do yourself a favor and get Sopranos.  Best show ever.

I have to agree with you on this. I don't quite say it's the best show ever, but it is a top 3 LOCK.

There are 5-6 shows that I like above the rest: Sopranos, TAGS, Friends (flawed but I love it), Cheers, Seinfeld. Maybe even throw Bonanza and MASH in there. Perhaps Dallas. I liked Frazier but didn't watch it as much as those others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
And it's probably just cartel semantics since they are all interconnected, but wasn't Gus from Chile? But yeah, I agree on your premise. That acct will tie back to the international origins of Gus' operation.

I also am not sure what to make out of the diner scene. If that is not a wig, then Walt has gotten his hair back from cancer treatment and a lot of it. Looking at the length of his hair, the diner scene is a good ways down the road from the opening season episode.

Beneke really fucked them up squandering that money.

You really think Mr. I'm the New Gus But Only More Prideful Walt is going to go back to cancer treatments? 

I think he'll find out he has cancer and then kill the doctor for forgetting to call him "sir." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions