Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Breaking Bad

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Breaking Bad Season 4
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:10 AM »
This season needs to step up...quickly. I am not so much losing interest, but I am getting impatient. The previews of next weeks show look promising...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:28 PM »
Shit's getting good. Very surprised Walt got a little loose with the tongue...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 11:20:33 PM »
I was terrified he would say more.

But it was just enough to get Hank thinking about it.  Who left the Pollos napkin at the apartment, though?  It's not like Gus carts them
around.  Unless I missed something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
I was terrified he would say more.

But it was just enough to get Hank thinking about it.  Who left the Pollos napkin at the apartment, though?  It's not like Gus carts them
around.  Unless I missed something.

Been out of the loop a while and had to play 3 weeks of catch up.  Oh shit.

Skyler is fucking money on the business deals.  She is going to be Walt's golden ticket to eliminating Gus.  Gus provides two things: legit cover and volume buyers.  I'll bet Saul can cover item #2.

Gus, however, is a management wizard.  Jesse is in a downward spiral.  Should he be "dealt with"?  Nope, then you have a chemist on strike.  You give Jesse some self-esteem building tasks.  He's not just Walt's lab flunky/hit man anymore.  Loyalty struggle coming up.

Hank and Marie.  Ugh.  What a mess.  We knew Hank would get involved with Gale's murder and lay hands on the lab notes.  Walt was a mommy part hair from flying completely under the radar, but couldn't keep his fucking boozed ego in check.  That will bite him in the ass...but something will stop Hank from bringing the house down.  My guess:  Marie.  He still loves her, otherwise he would've let her rot in jail for thieving peoples' open houses.  She'll come clean to Skyler, who will give her a job at the car wash to keep her occupied and out of Hank's hair while he works.  The relationship will improve as Hank gets his self-worth back by making some major strides in the case.  When he finally cracks it, he won't be able to drop the hammer because it will ruin his home life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »

Skyler is fucking money on the business deals.  She is going to be Walt's golden ticket to eliminating Gus.  Gus provides two things: legit cover and volume buyers.  I'll bet Saul can cover item #2.

After some thought, I think Jesse becomes the distribution arm when Gus is 86'd.  He mentioned to Mike that he and his "crew" used money drops in much the same way that Gus does. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:12 AM »
After some thought, I think Jesse becomes the distribution arm when Gus is 86'd.  He mentioned to Mike that he and his "crew" used money drops in much the same way that Gus does.

How do you think Gus will get killed? Saul seems to be pretty loyal to him and Gus is too smart to get blind sided...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »
How do you think Gus will get killed? Saul seems to be pretty loyal to him and Gus is too smart to get blind sided...

DEA kills him in a botched arrest/search.  Hank gets dirty to keep the money train rolling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
Holy hell this season is getting intense.

I love the Gus backstory going on.  Any idea what Don Eladio(?) meant when he said he knew who Gustavo was? 

The easy answer is that Gus is the original cook, but this show is rarely easy. 

I think Gus is connected to something even bigger.  Not sure what. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 10:22:18 PM »
Holy hell this season is getting intense.

I love the Gus backstory going on.  Any idea what Don Eladio(?) meant when he said he knew who Gustavo was? 

The easy answer is that Gus is the original cook, but this show is rarely easy. 

I think Gus is connected to something even bigger.  Not sure what.

Gus is a member of a much bigger scene back in Chile.  The Mexican mob was sending a message:  you are untouchable, but your associates are not.  You are on our turf and we will dictate terms, but we cannot kill you. 

That is strong shit.  Gus is a bad motherfucker.

Walt is fucking up (obviously), but Jesse is not the guy to send to Mexico....unless Gus knows that the guy he sends to Mexico will be killed.

Skyler is once again shown to be a smooth operator.  No ego.  She will play the stupid piece of bookeeping ass if it keeps the IRS off the trail.  She will pay the IRS debt, and buy up a piece of Beneke's business.  This is how the mob works.  Usury and leverage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »
I'm definitely not liking Walt very much this season.  He's been a pompous ass.  He usually looks out for Jesse, but now he's so paranoid about Gus trying to kill him that he's freaking out at everybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »
I'm definitely not liking Walt very much this season.  He's been a pompous ass.  He usually looks out for Jesse, but now he's so paranoid about Gus trying to kill him that he's freaking out at everybody.

I think it's less about paranoia than it is about his perceived lack of respect.

He was spouting off about "not compromising" and being the boss.  He'd be a much wiser man to show up at the lab, do his job and collect his millions.  Let Gus handle the bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
Wow...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 11:59:38 AM »
Wow is right.  Vince knows how to change the direction of the show in 15 minutes.  He seems to do that once or twice a season.

These last three episodes are going to be nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »
Wow.

Jesse was fucking money at the lab.  I thought they were fucked when Jesse couldn't synthesize the acid. 

Gustavo is the baddest motherfucker around.  The foresight and execution (pardon the pun) of the plan at Eladio's house was unreal.  "Come and fight me....and die!"

I wonder what Gus's plan is with regards to the cartel's operation.  Surely he intends to fill that vacuum himself, but how?  There will also surely be another Mexican syndicate trying to take Eladio's turf.  How does Hector Salamanco fit in at this point?  Is Gus just fucking with him now as revenge for killing his pollo hermano? 

Now there's a great big mess.  Walt can't let Hank die and, obviously,  can't risk his family's lives either.  He can't run because of the cuckolding fuck Beneke.  What to do?  He's lost his biggest ally in Jesse and it's ironic that their roles have reversed with respect to Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 10:24:28 AM »
It's the rise of Heizenberg. 

Walt's been beaten down this entire season to the point that I didn't even respect him anymore.  Just a pansy, schizophrenic, whiney-ass bitch for the most part this year. 

Notice he's gained more bruises, cuts, and wrinkles as the season's progressed. 

Now he's laughing maniacally in the crawl space of his house, which he's forbidden to live in. 

Dude is about to rise to the top of his game and fuck some bitches up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
It's the rise of Heizenberg. 

Walt's been beaten down this entire season to the point that I didn't even respect him anymore.  Just a pansy, schizophrenic, whiney-ass bitch for the most part this year. 

Notice he's gained more bruises, cuts, and wrinkles as the season's progressed. 

Now he's laughing maniacally in the crawl space of his house, which he's forbidden to live in. 

Dude is about to rise to the top of his game and fuck some bitches up.

Interesting.  Time for him to rise up and fill the void that Eladio has left?  Maybe taking Gus out in the process?  I think Gus's distribution and corporate covers are too valuable to discard.  Walt becomes Gus's boss?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
I believe Walt when he says that he couldn't do that to a child.

Gus's Se7en-inspired plan to turn Jesse against Walt was brilliant.  The problem with the Jesse/Walt plan is that Gus has the instincts of a psychic ninja.  He knew in the parking garage that something was fucked with his car.  He knows that the only reason his car is in that place at that time is because of Jesse.  Shit is about to go bad in the Jesse/Gus relationship.

Gomez didn't appreciate Hank's needling vis a vis the "knock and talk" and, even though there will be something in the picture of the dummy washer that Hank catches, Gomez is going to ignore Hank's half-baked theories.  Hank will keep pushing until Walt and/or Skyler are forced to tell him the truth to save his own ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 11:53:39 AM »
I didn't think it was ever in question that Walt would do that to Brock. 

Gus's plan was almost perfect except he didn't account for the fact that Jesse truly knows Walt.  Gus probably assumes everyone involved in this business is capable of doing horrific acts just to get revenge.  But Walt has been a family man since day one and Jesse knows that.  Jesse also knows that Walt is the only father-figure he's ever had respect for. 

I should have watched it again, but I thought right before Gus got to his car, he glanced at a different car in the parking lot.  One that had something hanging from the mirror.  My first thought was that it was Walt's car, but now I'm not so sure. 

Jesse gave way too much away when he said Brock was poisoned.  Gus was either expecting Jesse to say, "I don't know what's wrong with him" or "Walt poisoned Brock, and I killed him for it."  When Jesse indignantly said that Brock was poisoned with no other details, I bet Gus's alarm when off.  And that's why Gus ended the conversation immediately and told Jesse to not come back to work until next week. 

I don't know if they kill Gus this week.  I hope they do because if they don't, I bet it's going to be a big cat and mouse chase next season for the first half.  If they kill him off now, the story can really open up. 

I'm really sad this season's coming to an end.  I feel like it just got started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
Walt spins the gun and it lands on himself.  Spins it a second time, and again, it points at him.  Spins it a third, and it lands on a plant in his backyard. 

Damn what an ending to the season. 

I tried to take a risky left turn this morning on my way to work, but I hesitated.  I thought, "I can't risk my life at all until next summer because I have to see the series finale of Breaking Bad."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »
Agreed Town. Great season.

It started pretty slow for me, but the last several episodes were great. I hate it is coming to an end...how many episodes are in the final season? Just 6 right? Damn...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions