Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #520 on: September 20, 2011, 10:22:51 AM »

:facepalm:

Go ahead and give me -100 more, because I still haven't made teh connections.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #521 on: September 20, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »
Go ahead and give me -100 more, because I still haven't made teh connections.
It was out of my reach, what do you want me to do dive for it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #522 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »
Watched some highlights of teh O's and BoSox on ESPN last night......... The first game 6-5 O's, didn't look good but won.  The second game..............Seriously, the O's pitch worse than AU plays D.  They scored 9 runs, should win everytime, but nope, they had to give up 18.  Fucking 18....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
Why, with 2 games left on the season and up 1 game in the wild card race, doesn't anyone in the Braves organization have a problem with Lowe taking the mound?  Why?  Did they really think he wouldn't give up 5 runs in 4 innings?  The mother fucker has an ERA over 5, and he's lost sevenmotherfuckingteen games by himself!!!

I hope the Cards win the wild card. 

Absolutely no fucking reason in the world why the Braves, with....

1. Bourn
2. Prado
3. McCann
4. Uggla
5. Freeman

through half of the lineup, can't get into the fucking playoffs. 

Fuck Freddi Gonzalez.  Fuck the Atlanta Braves.  Fuck baseball. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:12:05 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
Why, with 2 games left on the season and up 1 game in the wild card race, doesn't anyone in the Braves organization have a problem with Lowe taking the mound?  Why?  Did they really think he wouldn't give up 5 runs in 4 innings?  The mother fucker has an ERA over 5, and he's lost sevenmotherfuckingteen games by himself!!!

Absolutely no fucking reason in the world why the Braves, with....

1. Bourn
2. Prado
3. McCann
4. Uggla
5. Freeman

through half of the lineup, can't get into the fucking playoffs. 

Fuck Freddi Gonzalez.  Fuck the Atlanta Braves.  Fuck baseball.
Exactly, I saw the score tonight and did this.   :suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:07 PM »

You just became my favorite bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #526 on: September 28, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
You just became my favorite bammer.
He's right though. The Braves don't deserve shit this year. After this collosal collapse, they deserve nothing.

Neither do the Red Sox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #527 on: September 28, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »
Carp vs. Huddy tonight to see who makes it in...
Meanwhile, I have been teh biesbol stress free since April.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #528 on: September 28, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
Carp vs. Huddy tonight to see who makes it in...
Meanwhile, I have been teh biesbol stress free since April.

Meant to ask you today, did you see "Catching Hell" last night on teh ESPNs? Pretty well put together. That poor Bartman kid. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten for him afterwards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #529 on: September 28, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »
Meant to ask you today, did you see "Catching Hell" last night on teh ESPNs? Pretty well put together. That poor Bartman kid. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten for him afterwards.

No, I hadn't heard about that.  I will have to see if I can catch a replay sometime though.  I remember that he had to move, and the real shame was that Alex Gonzalez could have saved his ass, but booted a sure double play just after his bonehead move.  I still hate Gonzo for that reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:08 AM »
No, I hadn't heard about that.  I will have to see if I can catch a replay sometime though.  I remember that he had to move, and the real shame was that Alex Gonzalez could have saved his ass, but booted a sure double play just after his bonehead move.  I still hate Gonzo for that reason.

Yes, they scored 8 runs after the mishap in the stands and to this day about half of Cubs fans still blame Bartman solely. Gonzo could have ended it at 3-2 but bobbled the hell out of it. He had the best fielding % in the league that year. Prior also could have gotten any of the 7-8 batters out after the mishap as well but didn't. Then there was that Game 7 thing that they didn't win either - at Wrigley. It just wasn't in the stars that year. Bartman just happened to be the scapegoat.

The film was 2 hours long with minimal commercials. It even had a 15 min piece on Bill Buckner as well at the end. Talk about a guy you feel bad for.....sheesh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »
It is worth noting, however, that the guy pitching for the Astros tonight always makes the Cardinals his bitch.  If he pitched against us 20 times a year, this guy would win the Cy Young.  He'd put up numbers that would make Bob Gibson in '68 look like Derrick Lowe in the month of September.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #532 on: September 28, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
I watched the whole Bartman thing last night too.   With all due respect to our Cubbie fans on board, I lost all respect for that fanbase.  Wow....just wow.  After seeing that, I'm 100% certain Bartman would have been killed had security not gotten him out of there.  No eggzajeration.  They would have killed the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »
I watched the whole Bartman thing last night too.   With all due respect to our Cubbie fans on board, I lost all respect for that fanbase.  Wow....just wow.  After seeing that, I'm 100% certain Bartman would have been killed had security not gotten him out of there.  No eggzajeration.  They would have killed the guy.
They were just awful. But to me, its says more about the people wanting to kill him than it does about him. Most of the ones I saw looked like pathetic losers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
They were just awful. But to me, its says more about the people wanting to kill him than it does about him. Most of the ones I saw looked like pathetic losers.

Anyone with any sense knows that play had little to no effect on the outcome of the game.  First, there's no guarantee that Alou catches that ball.  Would have been a great play and I tend to think he had a good shot at it.  But they must have showed the reply from every possible angle at least 40-50 times and I'm still not sure if the ball was in the field of play or in the stands.  Funny how Steve Lyons circled all the fans reaching for the ball at the same time but Bartman takes the rap because it happened to come to him. 

The thing that disturbed me was how deflated the entire crowd became as soon as it happened.  I truly think they believe Bartman had invoked the "curse" and everything that happened after that, especially Gonzo dropping the tailor made double play ball, was because of that curse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
I truly think they believe Bartman had invoked the "curse" and everything that happened after that, especially Gonzo dropping the tailor made double play ball, was because of that curse.

If they believe this kind of crap, then they deserve to lose and this explains why they have been so good at it for 100 years. They probably could have won Game 7 if they had not waded so much in their own poop and blamed Bartman the 24 hours following Game 6
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:25:36 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
If they believe this kind of crap, then they deserve to lose and this explains why they have been so good at it for 100 years. They probably could have won Game 7 if they had not waded so much in their own poop and blamed Bartman the 24 hours following Game 6

OHHHHH, the curse be real.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:06 AM »
OHHHHH, the curse be real.

Get that damn goat off our field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #538 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
Seriously, the only curse the Cubs have had is teh curse of horrible team management.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
Anyone with any sense knows that play had little to no effect on the outcome of the game.

I completely and whole heatedly disagree with you there. If Alou makes the catch, I think the Cubs win the World Series that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions