Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »
And you batted in the 9th with the tying run at the plate, what more do you want?

Oh, little song, little dance. Batman's head on a lance.

My want list in re:  the Suckasstros went out the window in May.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
Oh, little song, little dance. Batman's head on a lance.

My want list in re:  the Suckasstros went out the window in May.
Good...no I mean sorry, that's awful.
Now could you please see it your way to part with Michael Bourn so my Braves will have a fighting chance? We need a true leadoff hitter, not the bat everyone keeps yapping about. Need a basepath threat to give this great NL pitching something to worry over. You know , manufacture a few early runs and then let the pitching take over. Whatta you say TW?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #382 on: July 28, 2011, 07:26:33 AM »
Pujols strikes out swinging with the tying run on 2nd, Houston wins.

Fuck.

At this rate, the Cards will get him for 20M/yr.  And the Cubs will still pony up 30M/yr for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #383 on: July 28, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »
Fuku me.  The Cubs have traded Fukudome for a couple of unnamed minor leaguers to the Indians.

Fukudome heading to Indians for prospects
By Carrie Muskat / MLB.com | 07/28/11 10:33 AM ET

MILWAUKEE -- The Cubs will deal outfielder Kosuke Fukudome to the Indians on Thursday for two Minor Leaguers.

The two sides were close to finalizing a deal with only minor details still being worked out. A source indicated that Cleveland expected Fukudome to waive his no-trade clause to approve the deal to the Indians.

Details were still being finalized as to which Minor Leaguers were to go to Chicago in the deal.

either the Cubs nor the Indians have commented on or confirmed the reports.

Fukudome, 34, is batting .273 with the Cubs with three homers, 15 doubles, two triples and 13 RBIs in 87 games. He has a .374 on-base percentage.

The left-handed hitter is owed about $4.7 million for the rest of the season, and the Cubs may pick up most of that money. Fukudome has a limited no-trade clause but it is not known which teams are on his no-trade list. He left Japan to sign a four-year with the Cubs in December 2007.

I am most disappointed that they didn't even get the magic beans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:49 PM »
Cubs are freeing up money to pay for Albert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Cubs are freeing up money to pay for Albert.

The Cubs need to over haul the entire roster and I don't think you can do that by paying Pujols. They have no good outfielders. None. And are locked into a contract with Soriano for a couple more years I think. Ramirez is getting older, so how is he going to fair in 3 years? Zambrano? Eh. Dempster? I would have thought he would have been finished 2 years ago. I just don't see how the Cubs can pony up over $25M/year for first base when they need some many other players...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
I'm guessing that the Braves are just giving up on it this year.  Why the hell else would you have Julio Lugo and some Martinez guy on your fucking roster?  They have too many weak links to make a serious push at overtaking the Phillies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »
I'm guessing that the Braves are just giving up on it this year.  Why the hell else would you have Julio Lugo and some Martinez guy on your fucking roster?  They have too many weak links to make a serious push at overtaking the Phillies.

Ed Zachary.  I'm all for jmar's suggestion of going after Bourne or somebody dynamic to get on base.  Either way, they've got to find a way to produce some runs.  McClouth has been a frickin' flop.  What is at now...about .225?  The pitching is there (Kimbrel looks untouchable) but for some reason, everyone outside of McCann and now Freeman, is having a crappy year at the plate.  And they're still about 17 games over .500.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
It's a shame, because you could have had all .273 of Fukudome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
It's a shame, because you could have had all .273 of Fukudome.

We did sign a career back up catcher.....so there's that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »
Ed Zachary.  I'm all for jmar's suggestion of going after Bourne or somebody dynamic to get on base.  Either way, they've got to find a way to produce some runs.  McClouth has been a frickin' flop.  What is at now...about .225?  The pitching is there (Kimbrel looks untouchable) but for some reason, everyone outside of McCann and now Freeman, is having a crappy year at the plate.  And they're still about 17 games over .500.

I will say that I am slowly stepping off of the get rid of Uggla train that I've been riding.  It looks like his slump may finally be over.  What the hell happened to Gonzo?  Last year when he was picked up he was a hitting machine.  This year, not so much.  I'd rather see Tim Hudson come up to bat than Gonzo, and that makes me  :(
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »
Pujols strikes out swinging with the tying run on 2nd, Houston wins.

:pwnd:  **

** This is appropriate, since the guy saying you are pwned has a fucking black eye and missing teeth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
Uggla has a 18 game hitting streak... I don't know what more you could ask?  David Ross is doing a pretty good job.   I don't see why you guys think they are just giving up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
Uggla has a 18 game hitting streak... I don't know what more you could ask?  David Ross is doing a pretty good job.   I don't see why you guys think they are just giving up?

Have you watched them?  I just said that it looks like Uggla has shaken off the slump, but Julio Lugo, and whoever the Martinez guy is?  Really?  There's nothing better out there?  I know at one point last night Lugo was 0 for 3 with 3 fucking strikeouts.   :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
Have you watched them?  I just said that it looks like Uggla has shaken off the slump, but Julio Lugo, and whoever the Martinez guy is?  Really?  There's nothing better out there?  I know at one point last night Lugo was 0 for 3 with 3 fucking strikeouts.   :puke:
Well, I do agree that the Braves offense sucks balls.  However, they are still winning games.  Martin Prado went 0 for fucking 9 Tuesday night.  Heyward is not looking good at all...and don't get me started on Alex Gonzalez. 

But but but, they are still winning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »
Well, I do agree that the Braves offense sucks balls.  However, they are still winning games.  Martin Prado went 0 for fucking 9 Tuesday night.  Heyward is not looking good at all...and don't get me started on Alex Gonzalez. 

But but but, they are still winning.

I can't really argue with that.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
Lugo wound up 4-4 in K's.  Here's my thing.  I think the Bravos have a damn good ball club.  One which despite being 17 games over .500 has underperformed at the plate.  What we were used to for all those years during that run, was this time of year when they looked at their needs and seemingly every year, went out and grabbed a hired gun to put them on par with anyone.  The Giants, who look to be taking control of their division, just signed Beltran.  Something the Braves of old would have done in a heartbeat.

I don't think they're giving up but I can't see this team beating anyone in a playoff.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
Meanwhile in Baltimore..................... the team still continues to suck, thank god for the Astro's or we would officially be the worst team in MLB.  Don't worry Huston, doing things like signing a kid out of Cal-State Northridge, reactivating our DH and continuing to not give a damn about pitching, we will soon pull you out of the cellar.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
Meanwhile in Baltimore..................... the team still continues to suck, thank god for the Astro's or we would officially be the worst team in MLB.  Don't worry Huston, doing things like signing a kid out of Cal-State Northridge, reactivating our DH and continuing to not give a damn about pitching, we will soon pull you out of the cellar.

Don't you DARE try to fuck up last place for us.  We have to have a goal... right now, losing 100+ seems to be the target.  Don't deny us the only crown we have a chance of winning, asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
Don't you DARE try to fuck up last place for us.  We have to have a goal... right now, losing 100+ seems to be the target.  Don't deny us the only crown we have a chance of winning, asshole.

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan