Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

jmar

Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2011, 10:29:35 PM »
FIXT.  But I think there is an echo in here. Did you say something?
Doesn't it require a lot of time and effort to be a total douche?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #341 on: July 05, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »
Yeah, and I was there, during the hottest day of my life, with my two children.  I mean, it did rain for about 15 minutes, but then it went from holy shit hot to super khamahamaha hot. 

Fucking Orioles.

The Orioles always seem to play up against the Braves.....of course we returned to form today by getting prison gang raped by the Rangers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2011, 07:29:02 AM »
Pujols might be off the DL today.  2 weeks to recover from a broken wrist?  Either the Cardinals doctors got their degree at the University of Tijuana (The Happiest Place on Earth), or Albert really is a machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:35 AM »
I noticed in the paper yesterday that there are now 2 teams with 50 losses.  FML

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »
Pujols might be off the DL today.  2 weeks to recover from a broken wrist?  Either the Cardinals doctors got their degree at the University of Tijuana (The Happiest Place on Earth), or Albert really is a machine.

I saw that this morning and thought they were full of shit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
I saw that this morning and thought they were full of shit.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_11442896-a71c-11e0-b38d-001a4bcf6878.html

Pujols receives medical clearance, will be activated tonight

Perhaps Albert Pujols is a machine. Defying initial projections that he would miss four to six weeks due to a hairline fracture of the distal tip of his left radius, Pujols has received medical clearance to return to the Cardinals just 16 days after suffering the injury.

Pujols will be activated from the disabled list tonight, according to the club, however, it is not yet known whether he will be penciled into the lineup. Pujols will be put through a rigorous fielding and hitting regimen before tonight’s game before a final decision is made on tonight's lineup. No corresponding roster moves have been made at this time.

Pujols foreshadowed his early return on Monday in word and deed.

“I can’t wait to get back on the field,” Pujols said Monday. “Hopefully, it can be (today). If it’s not, whenever the time comes will be the right time to play.”

Pujols also took ground balls and hit off a pitching machine Monday, implying his readiness to return. The three-time NL Most Valuable Player has been on the disabled list since June 20.

General manager John Mozeliak on Monday described the club as optimistic about Pujols’ return but cautioned, “We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves.”

However, once doctors declared Pujols fit to return Tuesday, there was little question the slugger would make his way back into the lineup.

Pujols insisted Monday that he is able to swing without discomfort. He said he has hit off a machine throwing 89 or 90 miles per hour.

Manager Tony La Russa has stayed abreast of Pujols’ progress. He acknowledged Monday there was no reason for Pujols to go on a rehab assignment once cleared by doctors.

“You listen to the experts. You listen to him because you trust him,” La Russa said. “If he’s ready, there’s no need to wait. Most of all, you listen to him because he’s going to know best.”

Pujols has declared himself pain-free: “If I felt any pain, I wouldn’t be swinging,” he said Monday.

Pujols suffered the injury in a collision June 19 with Kansas City Royals third baseman Wilson Betemit. Initial projections called for Pujols to remain in a soft cast for four weeks before resuming baseball-related activities. An August return seemed more likely than him becoming available before the All-Star break; however, Pujols has exited the disabled list after the minimum 15 days the two previous times he has been lost to injury.

Since the day after his injury Pujols has said he has felt good enough to play. “I feel like I could have played the next day if they let me. But obviously the MRI and the CT scan said differently,” he said.

Pujols is hitting .279 with 17 home runs, 45 RBIs and a .855 on-base-plus-slugging percentage this season.

So, all you Cubbie fans, tune into ESPN tonight, and see what you'll be paying 30M/year for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »
Well, All Star break is over and there's some tight races all over baseball.  I actually watched a good bit of the home run derby and the game itself.  The HR derby goes way too long but it was pretty good stuff because you had the absolute braun of Prince Fielder crushing the ball, and two incredibly sweet swings in Gonzales and Cano.  Adrain Gonzales has to be the best all around hitter in baseball right now and I love watching this guy swing.

I think the announcers commenteds last night that this was the closest all the divisions had ever been at this point.  The Phillies have the biggest lead at 3 1/2 over the Braves. Amazing that the Bravos are 16 games over .500 and still 3 1/2 out.  The Mets threw in the towel by sending F-Rod to the Brew Crew in exchange for two no names.  Granted, it saved them about $17.5 but it also forces the Cards to step it up.  Meelwokee looks solid. 

Thoughts on the second half? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
A couple of 20 game winning streaks and the Cubs are back in the hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »
A couple of 20 game winning streaks and the Cubs are back in the hunt.

With the impending All Star break Pujols trade and a little pitching, I see a 2nd half Cubbie resurgence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #350 on: July 13, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »
With the impending All Star break Pujols trade and a little pitching, I see a 2nd half Cubbie resurgence.

I hate you.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #351 on: July 13, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »
i'm heading to citi field on sunday...mets vs. phillies. 

...then to citizens bank park the next friday...phillies vs. padres
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »
@ citi field ...suck it bitches.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #353 on: July 18, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
I haven't been to either of the new New York Stadiums.  How was Citi?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #354 on: July 18, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
It's still baseball season?  It was canceled in Houston back in May... :rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #355 on: July 18, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
It's still baseball season?  It was canceled in Houston back in May... :rolleyes:

The day after opening day?

How bout them Bravos? They may not catch the Phils but at least they are fully in control of teh wildzcard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #356 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
The day after opening day?

How bout them Bravos? They may not catch the Phils but at least they are fully in control of teh wildzcard.

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #357 on: July 18, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »
my east coast stadium tour continues...

Rogers centre  ...blue jays vs. mariners tomorrow night.

suck it bitches...not that any of you care. love you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »
14 inning game last night.  MLB must pull the plug on baseball in Canada. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
@ citizens bank park....phillies vs padres.  fucking nice ballpark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions