Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
The Braves lose to the Mets...The circle of motherfuckin' life I tell ya.

Hey hey hey now. No need for name calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »
Fuck the bullpen.

That is all.

The DEADBIRDS LOST????  Wasn't it like 6-1 at one point, with Pujols and Puma blasting HR all over the place?  Weren't you the one sending cocky texts to people about what a kick ass game it was and how glad you were to be seeing it in person???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oooooh my stinking heck... that is HY-LARRY-US!!!!

(The only way to assuage my own  misery is to revel in the misery of others, so nyah...)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
The DEADBIRDS LOST????  Wasn't it like 6-1 at one point, with Pujols and Puma blasting HR all over the place?  Weren't you the one sending cocky texts to people about what a kick ass game it was and how glad you were to be seeing it in person???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oooooh my stinking heck... that is HY-LARRY-US!!!!

(The only way to assuage my own  misery is to revel in the misery of others, so nyah...)

I hope you can't find the second book in the Dresden Files today when you go to the bookstore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
I hope you can't find the second book in the Dresden Files today when you go to the bookstore.
                                                                             :haha:

Ooooo, you wound me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
Aaaaannnd..the Braves lose again.  No hittee dee ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2011, 07:53:55 AM »
I've never seen a walk off balk before. That was different. But I'll take it to avoid the sweep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
I've never seen a walk off balk before. That was different. But I'll take it to avoid the sweep.

That was weird.  But the guy didn't even argue...just walked off the field like, yep, that was stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
A balk...rofl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
Someone put Jarhead on suicide watch...
Pujols hurt in Cardinals' 5-4 win over Royals

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Cardinals found a way to rally past the Kansas City Royals despite losing Albert Pujols to an injury.

Pujols sprained his left wrist and hurt his shoulder trying to make a tag at first base, but the Cardinals recovered to beat the Royals 5-4 on Skip Schumaker's ninth-inning homer on Sunday.

The Cardinals moved into a tie for first place in the NL Central with Milwaukee, which lost at Boston.

Pujols was injured in the sixth and the three-time NL MVP left the game. He will be evaluated on Monday, a day off for St. Louis.

"To be honest, I can't give you guys too much until the X-rays and an MRI tomorrow," said Pujols, whose left wrist was tightly wrapped. "I know I'm pretty sore. Am I worried? Of course. Hopefully, everything will come out negative tomorrow. When I come out of a game, believe me, something is really wrong.

"Hopefully, cross our fingers and I'll be all right."

General Manager John Mozeliak said no roster moves are being planned.

"We will know something tomorrow and go from there," Mozeliak said. "Right now, he will be tested in the morning and we'll see."

Manager Tony La Russa said he experienced a range of emotions when he saw his first baseman go down.

"It scared the hell out of all of us," La Russa said. "It smoked him pretty good. The doctor said he has good strength so that makes us kind of optimistic. First indications are that we caught a break."

Wilson Betemit hit a chopper up the middle off Cardinals starter Jamie Garcia. Second baseman Pete Kozma backhanded the ball and made a jump-throw to first, pulling Pujols off the bag. As the slugger tried for a tag, Betemit ran into his glove hand and Pujols went down to the ground in pain.

"He hit me on my wrist and my shoulder," Pujols said. "He kind of jammed me back. It's the toughest play to make as a first baseman. It's a bang-bang play. I saw the replay a couple of times, but I didn't really want to look at it."

The collision was unavoidable, Betemit said.

"I was running hard and the ball arrived at the same time I got to the base," Betemit said. "I couldn't do anything about it. He hit me on my left arm, that's why he dropped the ball. I hit him and then I saw him on the ground. That's part of the game. I couldn't do anything about it."

Pujols, hitting .279, was 3 for 3 with his 17th home run. The fifth-inning shot gave St. Louis a 3-2 lead.

Lance Berkman, who had been given a rest Sunday, replaced Pujols at first. 
                         :haha:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »
FML
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2011, 01:46:28 PM »
Fuckadoodledoo

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_4cec2236-9b5f-11e0-8f95-0019bb30f31a.html

Pujols has broken bone; out 4-6 weeks

Cardinals first baseman and three-time MVP Albert Pujols will miss four to six weeks with a small fracture that was found near his left wrist, the team announced Monday.

Pujols had an MRI and followup X-Rays this morning with the Cardinals' team physicians. A non-displaced fracture was discovered in his left radius (forearm). Pujols will be placed in a splint, and the Cardinals expect him to be out of the lineup for four to six weeks.

The official statement from the Cardinals did not mention a corresponding roster move to replace Pujols on the active roster when he goes on the 15-day disabled list.

Lance Berkman is likely to take over at first base for the Cardinals.

The first baseman injured his wrist and shoulder in the sixth inning of Sunday's game when a baserunner collided with him along the first-base line. Pujols was upbeat after the game, saying that an initial scan of the wrist done at Busch Stadium did not reveal any fractures in the bone.

The scans he was scheduled for Monday morning were done to get a more detailed look at the structure of the left wrist.

So, on the bright side, we can see how fucking shitty the Cards will be next year when he's playing on the Northside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
Cool.  That frees up a spot for Joe Mather to make the All Star team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
Its good news and bad news.

Your homerun king is out.

Your strikeout king is too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Aubie16

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:15 PM »
Tim Hudson isn't human.

8 innings pitched. 8 strikeouts. Retired 20 straight. 17 groundouts. 89 pitches.

And oh yeah...the braves lead 2-0 because Hudson hit a 2 run homer. One man show tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Token

« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
Tim Hudson isn't human.

8 innings pitched. 8 strikeouts. Retired 20 straight. 17 groundouts. 89 pitches.

And oh yeah...the braves lead 2-0 because Hudson hit a 2 run homer. One man show tonight.

I gave him a hearty "War Eagle" as he crossed home plate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2011, 06:24:56 AM »
I gave him a hearty "War Eagle" as he crossed home plate.

Proving that you, sir, are a better man than I.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2011, 07:32:08 AM »
Proving that you, sir, are a better man than I.

5 years ago I wouldn't have.  Old age is making me gentle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
Tim Hudson isn't human.

Nicest guy in the world as well. Seriously. Dude is a great human being.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
I'm still gonna' keep harping on the inexplicable absence of hitting by the Braves.  In the Texas series, which they lost, they scored 3, 4, and 4 runs.  Now, against the Blow Jays, Tim Hudson is the ENTIRE offense in a 2-0 win.  Hey, they're 8 games over .500 and leading the wildcard race but that's because they lead the National League in pitching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2011, 05:15:34 PM »
Its good news and bad news.

Your homerun king is out.

Your strikeout king is too.

Another new league record!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.