Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
I'm looking at strategies with every play and watching how the pitchers are setting batters up etc.

Which is why I love the NL.  Fuck the DH.  There is nothing better than watching someone like LaRussa play a chess match with Bobby Cox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
Which is why I love the NL.  Fuck the DH.  There is nothing better than watching someone like LaRussa play a chess match with Bobby Cox.

Didn't LaRussa experiment a while back with moving his pitcher or maybe the #1 hitter to a different place in the order to try and get the top of the order more at bats?  I recall someone talking about that earlier this year....said it didn't work out too well but I love trying new strategies.

Cox used to absolutely piss me off with his playing by the book on some things but not on others.  He'd make sure he went righty against lefty with his hitters but the sumbitch never knew the meaning of "leadoff hitter on...one run game...less than 2 outs....sacrifice him over".  Nope, just go up there and keep swinging for the fences.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »
Hi, I'm 2010,and I'm fucking out of this piece.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
Hi, I'm 2010,and I'm fucking out of this piece.

I couldn't think of anyone like Cox that is still managing.  Like most of the old guard have left.

And to answer Snaggle, yes, TLR had moved the pitcher to the #8 spot.  The idea being that since he bats Pujols #3, it would create more opportunity for runners to be on when Pujols bats the second time through the lineup. 

I forget what book I read, but one of most important batters in the game is the guy that goes in front of the pitcher.  Especially with 2 outs.  If you can get him out, you'll almost always start the next inning with one out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »
Speaking of strategy, watched a good bit of SF/Cincy last night.  Starts in the early evening when there's that huge shadow half way between pitcher's mound and home at the start of the game.  Orel Hersheiser was commenting along with Bobby Valentine how as a pitcher, it had better be about 75% breaking stuff and low.  When the ball is coming out of bright sun into heavy shadow, the hitter can pick it up out the pitcher's hand but from there, he can only guess where it's going to be when it gets to him.  A fastball up lets the hitter guage 10X better than one that starts out belt high but winds up on the ankles because it's impossible to pick up the rotation.

That's the kind of stuff I like and from there, I'm paying attention to pitch selection. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »
Speaking of strategy, watched a good bit of SF/Cincy last night.  Starts in the early evening when there's that huge shadow half way between pitcher's mound and home at the start of the game.  Orel Hersheiser was commenting along with Bobby Valentine how as a pitcher, it had better be about 75% breaking stuff and low.  When the ball is coming out of bright sun into heavy shadow, the hitter can pick it up out the pitcher's hand but from there, he can only guess where it's going to be when it gets to him.  A fastball up lets the hitter guage 10X better than one that starts out belt high but winds up on the ankles because it's impossible to pick up the rotation.

That's the kind of stuff I like and from there, I'm paying attention to pitch selection.
I agree Snaggle. baseball is a better game. I actually collect books about baseball. I really like football but not enough to read about it. If I were Russell Wilson, I hang up the pads and keep searching for the right instructor to find my stroke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »
6 game win streak on the road

So much for that streak... BOOYAH!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2011, 07:40:47 AM »

Wow....just wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »

Really?  One out of four Asstro smack?  Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »

Don't you judge me.  i have to take my moments where I can get 'em this year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Don't you judge me.  i have to take my moments where I can get 'em this year...
You should think about watching soccer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »

Your avatar pains me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:10 AM »
Your avatar pains me.

Not only that, but has there ever been a more drastic change....for the worse?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:31 AM »
:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »
Your avatar pains me.

Do you really think Pujols will make a difference for the Schlubbies?  That would be like Pujols coming to the Suckasstros - he can't pitch, catch, play 7 positions and bat nine times in a row, so unless they can dredge up a catcher, 6 other position players and a decent 5 man rotation, big whoopie. 

He's but one man.  One man alone cannot fight the future...  and the Schlubbies SUCK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »

I would rather watch the Succkasstros play the Schlubbies every day for the rest of my life than watch soccer for five minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #236 on: June 14, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Do you really think Pujols will make a difference for the Schlubbies?  That would be like Pujols coming to the Suckasstros - he can't pitch, catch, play 7 positions and bat nine times in a row, so unless they can dredge up a catcher, 6 other position players and a decent 5 man rotation, big whoopie. 

He's but one man.  One man alone cannot fight the future...  and the Schlubbies SUCK!

^^^This...all of it^^^

Wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #237 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »
One word.  Cam Newton.  Okay, that's 2 but you get the idea.  According to every person outside the Auburn family, he played every position on offense, defense and special teams.. plus he worked the Dippin' Dots kiosk on the concourse.

Pujols + Cubs =  #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #238 on: June 14, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »
Pujols + Cubs =  #winning

Shouldn't you be in court or something, instead of hating on me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #239 on: June 14, 2011, 01:29:31 PM »
Just stopping by to make sure that MLB was still going on.........apparently they don't play it in Baltimore anymore.

Seriously, was it just me or is Oakland not the most disappointing team in baseball.   I really thought they would be playing for first in the west.  Only three teams in the game that are playing worse than them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan