Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: The OFFICIAL 2011 MLB Bitch & Moan Thread
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
Braves swept the Marlins.  They get the suckAsstros tonight.  Looking at recent history, they will drop a few.

Blasphemy!!!  No way the Braves would ever drop a game to a team as shitty as the suckAsstros! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
Stayed up and watched the Cubs/Phillies last night.  The Cubbies almost got bent over and royally screwed in the 9th.  They're down 3-2 and first guy up rips a homer.  The next guy up is in like an 0 for 30 something slump.  He drives one to right and out.  Phillies manager protests saying a fan reached over the fence.  The umps reviewed and took the HR away.

First off, this fence is a little chain link type fence well above the scoreboard. Second, after they showed the replay like 20 times, there's no way they could say the fan reaced out over the field of play, in fact it looked more like the ball would have cleared the fence regardless.  AND....it was a damn Phillies fan in the first place.

On another note, I didn't recognize anyone on the Cubs roster.  I did see Aramis Ramirez, who isn't having a very good season, but this was just a parade of no-names having bad years.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
On another note, I didn't recognize anyone on the Cubs Suckasstros roster.  I did see Aramis RamirezCarlos Lee, who isn't having a very good season, but this was just a parade of no-names having bad years.

Welcome to my own personal fresh hell...

Fucking Deadbirds...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
On another note, I didn't recognize anyone on the Cubs roster.  I did see Aramis Ramirez, who isn't having a very good season, but this was just a parade of no-names having bad years.
Come on now...Darwin Castro may be this year's MVP.  And, that Lou Montana guy.  Whew!  Glad he's not playing against us every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
Come on now...Darwin Castro may be this year's MVP.  And, that Lou Montana guy.  Whew!  Glad he's not playing against us every day.

I recognized the Fuck-and-Do-Me guy too.  Seriously, it was like watching the Marlins or Padres or Pirates.  Every year, it's a roster of Triple A guys, which sux.  I'm not telling you anything you don't know or think every year, but the Cubs are one of those franchises that SHOULD be damn good every year.  I know nothing of their ownership but fan support alone should force them to put a product on the field that's in the hunt every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »
I recognized the Fuck-and-Do-Me guy too.  Seriously, it was like watching the Marlins or Padres or Pirates.  Every year, it's a roster of Triple A guys, which sux.  I'm not telling you anything you don't know or think every year, but the Cubs are one of those franchises that SHOULD be damn good every year.  I know nothing of their ownership but fan support alone should force them to put a product on the field that's in the hunt every year.
Every year when I see the opening day roster, all I think about is the first day of camp on the movie Major League.

Lou Brown: I thought you said we didn't have any high priced talent.
Charlie Donovan: Forget about Dorn, he's just high priced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
Was it worth it to give up that blast to McCann? Damn!
Load the freekin bases and try to get Chipper to hit into a DP.  He could you know.
We will never know now will we Astro lovers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2011, 11:36:37 PM »
Was it worth it to give up that blast to McCann? Damn!
Load the freekin bases and try to get Chipper to hit into a DP.  He could you know.
We will never know now will we Astro lovers?

Who you talking to, fucktard?  There are no Astro lovers on this board...
 :silence: :silence: :silence: :silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #208 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »
Who you talking to, fucktard?  There are no Astro lovers on this board...
 :silence: :silence: :silence: :silence:
So harsh! But on a positive note they have some good young talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
6 game win streak on the road and still 2 back of the Phillies.  On another note, I became a Boston Red Sox bandwagoner about 10 years ago, more because of having someone to pull for against the Yankmees than anything else.  Those guys scored 30 runs in two games this weekend.  30 runs????  Is Toronto pitching that bad?

Sounded like ESPN announcer yesterday giving the college super regional scores.  South Carolina topped UConn 8-2 and Peter Tom Willis threw for 3 touchdowns in Florida State's 23-9 victory over Texas A & M.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »
6 game win streak on the road and still 2 back of the Phillies.  On another note, I became a Boston Red Sox bandwagoner about 10 years ago, more because of having someone to pull for against the Yankmees than anything else.  Those guys scored 30 runs in two games this weekend.  30 runs????  Is Toronto pitching that bad?

Sounded like ESPN announcer yesterday giving the college super regional scores.  South Carolina topped UConn 8-2 and Peter Tom Willis threw for 3 touchdowns in Florida State's 23-9 victory over Texas A & M.

If you ever get around a "Sawx" fan, you'll see they are as bad, if not worse, than Yankees fans. The accent is the worst part.

Heeeey youz, letz go pahk the cah by da Hahvahd yahds before da sawx gammmmme.

Strange thing about the Sox this year is how they started. Dead last, something like 2-8 and now the best record in baseball with the Phils.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
Fuck the Cards starting pitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
Fuck the Cards starting pitching.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2011, 10:49:17 AM »
If you ever get around a "Sawx" fan, you'll see they are as bad, if not worse, than Yankees fans. The accent is the worst part.

Heeeey youz, letz go pahk the cah by da Hahvahd yahds before da sawx gammmmme.

Strange thing about the Sox this year is how they started. Dead last, something like 2-8 and now the best record in baseball with the Phils.

Yeah, not that I have any alliegance to the city or their fans....never been there but I do want to go to Fenway Pahk as part of my bucket list.  I just started pulling for them to beat the Yankees and now I like following them as my favorite American League team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »
Yeah, not that I have any alliegance to the city or their fans....never been there but I do want to go to Fenway Pahk as part of my bucket list.  I just started pulling for them to beat the Yankees and now I like following them as my favorite American League team.
I kind of follow the Devil Rays since it is close by.

The Rangers would be another. Gots to stick by the Southern teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

Kinda like Baltimo..........oh, yeah, nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
Kinda like Baltimo..........oh, yeah, nevermind.

The Baltimore Gloryholes just need some talent. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
Just some updated stats. Still can't believe Granderson is popping them off at that same clip.  20 HR's??  Wow.

AL BATTING AVERAGE AVG

1. Adrian Gonzalez, BOS .341
2. Jose Bautista, TOR .338
3. Matt Joyce, TB .330
4. David Ortiz, BOS .325
5. Paul Konerko, CHW .322

NL
1. Jose Reyes, NYM .346
2. Joey Votto, CIN .335
3. Matt Kemp, LAD .331
4. Andre Ethier, LAD .321
5. Jamey Carroll, LAD .320

AL HR LEADERS
1. Jose Bautista, TOR 21
2. Curtis Granderson, NYY 20
3. Mark Teixeira, NYY 19
4. David Ortiz, BOS 17
5. Carlos Quentin, CHW 17

NL HOME RUNS
1. Matt Kemp, LAD 20
2. Prince Fielder, MIL 19
3. Jay Bruce, CIN 17
4. Lance Berkman, STL 16
5. Mike Stanton, FLA 16

AL RUNS BATTED IN RBI
1. Adrian Gonzalez, BOS 60
2. Paul Konerko, CHW 52
3. Adrian Beltre, TEX 48
4. Mark Teixeira, NYY 47
5. Curtis Granderson, NYY 47

NL RUNS BATTED IN RBI
1. Prince Fielder, MIL 58
2. Matt Kemp, LAD 56
3. Ryan Howard, PHI 53
4. Ryan Braun, MIL 48
5. Jay Bruce, CIN 48

AL WINS
1. Jon Lester, BOS 9
2. Max Scherzer, DET 8
3. Jake Arrieta, BAL 8
4. Felix Hernandez, SEA 7
5. Justin Verlander, DET 7

NL WINS
1. Roy Halladay, PHI 9
2. Cole Hamels, PHI 8
3. Kevin Correia, PIT 8
4. Yovani Gallardo, MIL 8
5. Tommy Hanson, ATL 8

AL EARNED RUN AVERAGE ERA
1. Josh Beckett, BOS 2.06
2. Alexi Ogando, TEX 2.10
3. Jered Weaver, LAA 2.24
4. Dan Haren, LAA 2.41
5. Gio Gonzalez, OAK 2.67

NL EARNED RUN AVERAGE ERA
1. Jair Jurrjens, ATL 1.82
2. Roy Halladay, PHI 2.39
3. Tommy Hanson, ATL 2.48
4. Cole Hamels, PHI 2.58
5. Kyle Lohse, STL 2.67

AL SAVES
1. Brandon League, SEA 18
2. Jose Valverde, DET 16
3. Mariano Rivera, NYY 16
4. Chris Perez, CLE 15
5. Kyle Farnsworth, TB 14

NL SAVES
1. Huston Street, COL 19
2. Leo Nunez, FLA 19
3. Francisco Rodriguez, NYM 18
4. Brian Wilson, SF 18
5. John Axford, MIL 18
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »
How does one have Oswalt, Hamels, Lee and Halladay......and NOT have the best ERA in the majors by a full run? The Phils are second to the Bravos in team ERA.

For us to be discussing this shit, it must be a slow day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
How does one have Oswalt, Hamels, Lee and Halladay......and NOT have the best ERA in the majors by a full run? The Phils are second to the Bravos in team ERA.

For us to be discussing this shit, it must be a slow day.

It must be but I'm actually one of the few fans who enjoy all aspects of baseball all year round. Baseball was always my sport into college.  While a lot of people think it's like watching paint dry, I'm looking at strategies with every play and watching how the pitchers are setting batters up etc.

What's funny is having played it as long as I did and coached each year (Except this one...my boy didn't want to play...thank God) I recently found that I know exactly SQUAT about hitting.  Dothan is no different than everywhere else with seemingly year round baseball and several of these instructional facilities (making a killing off teaching kids the fundamentals)  I enrolled my boy the last couple of years for hitting instruction and sat 2 feet away from it every minute he was in there.  The instructor, a former MLB player, is showing him things on how to hit that blow my mind. 

I'm thinking, when I was his age, my hitting instruction came from the dad of some kid on the team.  He worked in a bank and his instruction was, "Swing hard...keep your eye on the ball".  I'm thinking, "I coulda' been a contender" if I had been taught the way these kids are now.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions