Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How do you stand Tony and Jay?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
How do you stand Tony and Jay?
« on: March 29, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
Those of you in the Birmingham area, how can you stomach Tony and Jay every single day?  Five minutes of their show this morning and I wanted to throttle kittens, kick puppies and slaughter endangered species.   

In the five minutes: 
Son of former Minnesota receiver Chris Carter possibly interested in Bama after leaving OSU for juco.  This is amazing, awesome news.  He could be the next Julio Jones, perfectly prepared for the NFL due to the pro style offense featured at Bama.  It shows that he's looking for a school strong on academics and one that stresses personal discipline. It's a tesament to the juggernaut Saban is building and shows how absolutely magnificent the man truly is.  God among mortals. 

Down at Auburn, Gene Chizik called us energy vampires. He was obviously talking about this show.  I know I went home last night, hung upside down and ate some grapes.  Blah, blah, blah. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

Re: How do you stand Tony and Jay?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »
Simple.  I turned them off a few months ago.  Actually, I turned off WJOX a couple of months ago.  Even took them off the presets.  Best move I've made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »
Once I got satellite radio in 2007, I haven't listened to much of anything locally since.  I swore off Finebaum even before that, but can't say I have listened to any JOX programming in more than 4 years.  I still know everything they say though, since I frequent this site and ITAT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
I listen to to a few minutes of PF a few days a week almost as a joke between me, myself and I.  I love to turn it on and guess how long it will take for Fineschlong or one of his callers to either say something derogatory about Auburn or speak of Lord Saybinz.  I think yesterday, I made it 5 minutes because they were ripping Tennessee and OSU.

But then it came back to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »
I never listen to that bullshit from Jay and Tony, worst show on the radio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
I listen to to a few minutes of PF a few days a week almost as a joke between me, myself and I.  I love to turn it on and guess how long it will take for Fineschlong or one of his callers to either say something derogatory about Auburn or speak of Lord Saybinz.  I think yesterday, I made it 5 minutes because they were ripping Tennessee and OSU.

But then it came back to Auburn.
He's really been ripping into Tennessee lately. He talked of Cuonzo (new UT BB Coach) as if he were the great satan himself. Extremely unwarranted in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 01:07:12 PM »
He's really been ripping into Tennessee lately. He talked of Cuonzo (new UT BB Coach) as if he were the great satan himself. Extremely unwarranted in my opinion.

No question that UT and OSU have been the most recent flavors of the day.  PF has called Mike Hamilton, Tenn's AD, every name in the book. I don't know anything about Hamilton but if it's coming from Finedong, I know it's BS.  Personally, I think Martin is a very good and logical hire, given the current situation.  He's the classic "Mid-Major" hire where he appears to be an up and comer.  You hope you find a gem but you're not in a position to take a huge risk on a big name coach with the NCAA at your doorstep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »
No question that UT and OSU have been the most recent flavors of the day.  PF has called Mike Hamilton, Tenn's AD, every name in the book. I don't know anything about Hamilton but if it's coming from Finedong, I know it's BS.  Personally, I think Martin is a very good and logical hire, given the current situation.  He's the classic "Mid-Major" hire where he appears to be an up and comer.  You hope you find a gem but you're not in a position to take a huge risk on a big name coach with the NCAA at your doorstep

Does Finedong remember that Pearl came from U of Wisc-Milwaukee? And had about the same record there that Cuonzo Martin had at Mizzou State? What a hypocritical sack of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
If you live in the ham, its what you get if you want sports talk radio.  No way around it.  It sux to have to forego sports information and entertainment, or suffer the daily bullshit spewed by bammers to get a morsel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
U of Wisc. Milwaukee is a juggernaut I tell ya'.  Unfortunately, without teh satellites I'm very limited myself on access to sports talk.  Decent, low key local guy in the mornings.  Then it's Brando, and Finebum until the evening.  Brando is okay if you can get through the me, me, me, me and I talk.  Very irritating but good guests and info.

But PF dominates the afternoon and it's just unreal to me that his show has lasted as long as it has.  It's just bullshit smack talk for 4 hours.  I know what he and his show are about but jeebus, it's deteriorated to zero quality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »
I turned it off a while ago. 

Jay is right up there with Scott Moore if you ask me.  He's a tool and a blowhard. 

Tony is an ignorant douchebag, and I think he just goes along with Jay because it's Jay's show.

But honestly?  The worst of the three is Al.  He's a "yes" man.  He never truly defends Auburn.  When he attempts to, he does so only in a way that doesn't go against what Jay or Tony is saying.  He's also inarticulate, so when he finally does bring up a good point, he can't convey it. 

Like Finebaum, Scott Moore, and anyone else, the Opening Drive will continue to do what it does unless Auburn fans stop listening and make it known they aren't listening. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
I quit listening right before the NC game.  The year before when bama was playing for the title, the entire morning show went to Pasadena for the week leading up to the game.  This past year when it was us, only Al was going and it was on his own dime.  Jay blamed it on the station, what a bunch of bullshit!  And I've said it before, FUCK TONY KURRY!  He adds NOTHING to that show, or sports in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »
Once I got satellite radio in 2007, I haven't listened to much of anything locally since.  I swore off Finebaum even before that, but can't say I have listened to any JOX programming in more than 4 years.  I still know everything they say though, since I frequent this site and ITAT.

PUSS  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
And I've said it before, FUCK TONY KURRY!  He adds NOTHING to that show, or sports in general.

I use to like this guy when he was only doing the Classic Rock side of things. Not so much anymore. Although I do miss Rock 99.5, this shit around here can't even compare.

The first year that show was on, I liked it so so. I had plenty of time to listen in on my 30 minute drive into work. You could tell Tony was way out of his element though. He still is several years later.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:35:11 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions