Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

My "issue" with Tuberville

Dr. Beeper

My "issue" with Tuberville
« on: October 03, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
I have many thoughts.  The program's stability is as high as it has ever been (Coach T.T. has been there 9 years, if we are forced to play younger players-they have the talent to step up, no NCAA bullshit, a top 10 program without doubt).  I like his approach to discipline (see Rowell, Sears, Blackmon, etc).  We play extremely well in MOST big games (9-1 against last top 10 opponents).  He beats his rivals (great record against LSU, UGA, UAT and even UF and UT).  My only issue with Tuberville is the annual "laying of the egg" and I think this most sticks out because I have been there at a few (Arky in 2002-Fred Talley for Heisman, UAT in 2001-Andrew Zow is a superstar, UGA in 2006-Bulldogs with best defense EVER, LSU 2003-Why not cover Devery Henderson?, GT in 2005-Calvin Johnson anyone?).  It's the fact that in these games, we do not look prepared AT ALL.  Most of these games, we were favored.  We play great as an underdog, but we certainly need to learn how to play as a favorite.  T.T. has done a great job and has my full support, however we have to improve on this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: My "issue" with Tuberville
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:12:23 PM »
I have many thoughts.  The program's stability is as high as it has ever been (Coach T.T. has been there 9 years, if we are forced to play younger players-they have the talent to step up, no NCAA bullshit, a top 10 program without doubt).  I like his approach to discipline (see Rowell, Sears, Blackmon, etc).  We play extremely well in MOST big games (9-1 against last top 10 opponents).  He beats his rivals (great record against LSU, UGA, UAT and even UF and UT).  My only issue with Tuberville is the annual "laying of the egg" and I think this most sticks out because I have been there at a few (Arky in 2002-Fred Talley for Heisman, UAT in 2001-Andrew Zow is a superstar, UGA in 2006-Bulldogs with best defense EVER, LSU 2003-Why not cover Devery Henderson?, GT in 2005-Calvin Johnson anyone?).  It's the fact that in these games, we do not look prepared AT ALL.  Most of these games, we were favored.  We play great as an underdog, but we certainly need to learn how to play as a favorite.  T.T. has done a great job and has my full support, however we have to improve on this.
I agree 100% every year Tubbs loses a game he should win and wins a game he should lose. The team comes out flat see the second half of the Florida game. In the next few years if he could get the team to play lights out every game....MNC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

drod70

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:48:38 PM »
Can we have him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »
Can we have him?
Hell no. There is a great coach that is working the QB's for the Jaguars that would be great for you guys. Name of Shula, if I recall correctly.  :lol:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

drod70

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »
Hell no. There is a great coach that is working the QB's for the Jaguars that would be great for you guys. Name of Shula, if I recall correctly.  :lol:

:fu:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »

I'm sure all the other SEC coaches would kick in to pay his salary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions