Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Day 2, NtYF the subject of Finebaum first segment...

JR4AU

Day 2, NtYF the subject of Finebaum first segment...
« on: March 18, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »
Picking apart this "comment" on the website...

SalOleGal says:
March 18, 2011 at 12:31 am

Finebaum has not trashed Bama since his move to WJOX, He got on Mark Gotfried pretty heavy but only after the REC gave him the go ahead to run him out. The best way to stop finebaum is to put the word out that he is a lier, cheat, and Hate Mongor. who will get the bammers in such an outrage someone will get killed.

Had to dig through them to pick apart the spelling and grammar, then try to insinuate that this person's comment called for violence by Auburn folks.

He is really on the defense now.  Playing it off, with the help of his idiot callers, like "Hey, it's all in fun, just the same old schtick I've been doing for years." 

And, of course, we are just mad at the message.   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:33:49 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Day 2, NtYF the subject of Finebaum first segment...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
Wow!  And it continues.  Cherry picking tidbits from today's NtYF piece, and reading them with idiotic inflection. 

NtY has Finebaum's attention in a big way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:05:29 PM »
He is pissed. I like how he spun it that the NtYF is attacking the average message board poster and Finebaum listener and calling them lunatic fringe.

Love his side comments like "Yeah, by trying to get them off the air", midsentence while reading a line that specifically states that that is no way the goal of the foundation.

Completely laughable. Surely people with any hint of sense can see through this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 04:15:13 PM »
He is pissed. I like how he spun it that the NtYF is attacking the average message board poster and Finebaum listener and calling them lunatic fringe.

Love his side comments like "Yeah, by trying to get them off the air", midsentence while reading a line that specifically states that that is no way the goal of the foundation.

Completely laughable. Surely people with any hint of sense can see through this...

Well, that's part of the problem.  The callers to his show are not interested in seeing through anything.  The very nature of his show is smack talk and controversy.  That's why people listen and call up.  It's entertaining.  No one on that show is going to see the light or do anything other than take what he says and use it to futher fuel the rivalry and hatred between the two fanbases.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:08 PM »

No, unfortunately, he's practicing his craft well.  The mass idiots will hear more in his "inflection" and idiotic comments than they will from the actual words on the NtYF site.

Evidence of that is in the fact that the majority of them can't see the difference his daily radio schtick, vs his "academic lecture" to a captive audience.

Finebaum knows the difference, and that's why he spending so much time trying to convince his "listeners" that it was all a big joke.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
Well, that's part of the problem.  The callers to his show are not interested in seeing through anything.  The very nature of his show is smack talk and controversy.  That's why people listen and call up.  It's entertaining.  No one on that show is going to see the light or do anything other than take what he says and use it to futher fuel the rivalry and hatred between the two fanbases.   

Yahtzee! He tells them what they want to hear. Simple as that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Yahtzee! He tells them what they want to hear. Simple as that.
He got the job because Herb Winches was an ineffective. apologetic, bore that couln't create any stir.
The listeners were rarely involved and even in an interview, Winches talked over his guests. Finebaum has fallen into this position and he doesn't have to do much but cater to a fanbase that is roughly 70/30 Alabama. It didn't help matters that during the six game win streak, Tubs wouldn't give him the time of day. He has no ties to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:13:11 PM »
Shane starts the 3rd hour of NtYF talk.  As I expected, he's upset we're not after him...typical barking like a junk yard dog, tough talk, calling NtY whiners...typical lowest common denominator rhetoric. 

Now in to his speculation and innuendo...SSDD
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions