Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Last Train to Clarksville....

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Last Train to Clarksville....
« on: February 29, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
Davy Jones just rode it for the last time - Dead at 66.

The first time I saw Davy was on the Brady Bunch when I was about 8 or 9. I thought the Monkees were cool as a kid. The show blew but they were what they were - which was invented "happy pop".

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-29/obit-monkees-singer-davy-jones/53304196/1

Monkees singer Davy Jones dies in Florida at 66

By MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Davy Jones, the lead singer of the 1960s group The Monkees, died of a massive heart attack Wednesday in Florida, his spokeswoman said. He was 66.

His publicist, Helen Kensick, confirmed that he died in Indiantown, where he lived.

Jones rose to fame in 1965 when he joined The Monkees, a British popular rock group formed for a U.S. television show. Jones sang lead vocals on songs like I Wanna Be Free and Daydream Believer.

Jones was born Dec. 30, 1945, in Manchester, England. His long hair and British accent helped Jones achieve heartthrob status in the United States.

According to The Monkees website, Monkees.com, he left the band in late 1970. In the summer of 1971, he recorded a solo hit "Rainy Jane" and made a series of appearances on American variety and television shows, including "Love American Style" and "The Brady Bunch."

Jones played himself in a widely popular Brady Bunch episode, which aired in late 1971. In the episode, Marcia Brady, president of her school's Davy Jones fan club, promised she could get him to sing at a school dance.

By the mid-1980s, Jones teamed up with former Monkee Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz and promoter David Fishof for a reunion tour. Their popularity prompted MTV to re-air The Monkees series, introducing the group to a new audience.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Last Train to Clarksville....
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
Betta check yo late self
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:49:47 PM »
That was so 37 seconds ago
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
How can he die twice? I thought he already died in another thread.

QUIT BEATING A DEAD MONKEY!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
How can he die twice? I thought he already died in another thread.

QUIT BEATING A DEAD MONKEY!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."