Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Honeymoon? It's over.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Honeymoon? It's over.
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
Funny, I didn't see this same kind of gibberish when Saban's players were kicking out police car windows, terrorizing the Strip, punching out girlfriends, selling cocaine in the athletic department parking lot (in a ride financed by whom, exactly?), or robbing students in the middle of campus with a gun (albiet a BB gun, idiot). 

But Scarbinsky opted to throw eggs at Chizik.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/scarbo.html

Chizik's swift decision to permanently suspend those players tells you his verdict. Meanwhile, the court of public opinion, which already had thrown the book at Auburn based on unrelated incidents and unsubstantiated allegations, now has the strongest evidence yet to charge Chizik with running a rogue program.

Those players are idiots.  Dishonor on them, dishonor on their families, dishonor on their cows. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

Re: Honeymoon? It's over.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »
Funny, I didn't see this same kind of gibberish when Saban's players were kicking out police car windows, terrorizing the Strip, punching out girlfriends, selling cocaine in the athletic department parking lot (in a ride financed by whom, exactly?), or robbing students in the middle of campus with a gun (albiet a BB gun, idiot). 

But Scarbinsky opted to throw eggs at Chizik.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/scarbo.html

Those players are idiots.  Dishonor on them, dishonor on their families, dishonor on their cows.

When someone explains to me how Chiz, or any coach, can prevent this kind of shit, instead of just react to it, then I'll entertain criticism of his running a rouge program. You state your rules, you state consequences for violation of them, and you stick to it.  That doesn't mean a jay walking ticket gets treated the same as armed robbery.  Eric Smith had just been kicked off the team for a misdemeanor arrest...these idiots didn't think they'd get a "second chance" if they decided to start with a full blown A Felony with a gun because Smith got one for a frat boy fight last year, or a third chance for a penalty in a game a couple of months ago.   Any argument to the contrary is pure blabber. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:17:52 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:43 AM »
It is all his fault. There is obviously some sort of break down in leadership. He must know what all 100+ players are doing every single minute of every single day, 365...on or off campus. Yet, if he would just have let the players stay on the team and maybe just suspended them a couple of games, it would have hardly gotten a mention in the media. That is how it works in this state, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:39:32 AM »
It is all his fault. There is obviously some sort of break down in leadership. He must know what all 100+ players are doing every single minute of every single day, 365...on or off campus. Yet, if he would just have let the players stay on the team and maybe just suspended them a couple of games, it would have hardly gotten a mention in the media. That is how it works in this state, right?
Burn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
The NCAA cannot take the tools away (athletic dorms) and expect coaches to have more control over their players.  Even that will not guarantee it.  People will do stupid shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »
The NCAA cannot take the tools away (athletic dorms) and expect coaches to have more control over their players.  Even that will not guarantee it.  People will do stupid shit.

Yep.  No dorms, sverely limited time with players equals more shit like this than 20 yrs ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:38:20 AM »
I read this somewhere, but don't recall where, but somebody mentioned that it was an inevitable fact that if you are going to win in the SEC, you are going to wind up recruiting some players that have a questionable background or upbringing. Coaches can only hope that getting them out of that bad situation or influence by giving them a free education along with the discipline of a Div-1 football program, while also letting them showcase their talents on a national stage, will make them a better person. Vanderbilt is probably the only exception in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
I read this somewhere, but don't recall where, but somebody mentioned that it was an inevitable fact that if you are going to win in the SEC, you are going to wind up recruiting some players that have a questionable background or upbringing. Coaches can only hope that getting them out of that bad situation or influence by giving them a free education along with the discipline of a Div-1 football program, while also letting them showcase their talents on a national stage, will make them a better person. Vanderbilt is probably the only exception in the SEC.
How are they an exception? (see bold)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
How are they an exception? (see bold)
That was on AU and I think it went teaser before I could read all of Phillip Marshall's comment.

Even so, there is no pattern here, no inordinate number of urban kids being recruited by the staff. None of the incidents are connected.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:23 AM »
That was on AU and I think it went teaser before I could read all of Phillip Marshall's comment.

Even so, there is no pattern here, no inordinate number of urban kids being recruited by the staff. None of the incidents are connected.
What?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
This is how I picture jmar when he posts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
This is how I picture jmar when he posts.

Are you having trouble in part or with the entire post?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
Are you having trouble in part or with the entire post?
Left to right, front to back, etc...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Homer Samford

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »
When exactly was the honeymoon ever in session for Chizik? I know how I felt when he was hired. I imagine many of you felt the similarly. Or not. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Didn't members of the media ask him what he was going to do being in the same state/division/conference/atmosphere as Saban?

When did he ever get a break?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:18:40 PM by Homer Samford »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »
When exactly was the honeymoon ever in session for Chizik? I know how I felt when he was hired. I imagine many of you felt the similarly. Or not. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Didn't members of the media ask him what he was going to do being in the same state/division/conference/atmosphere as Saban?

When did he ever get a break?

I felt the similarly.

Probably talking more about what he's done this year and how people view him after winning the MNC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Homer Samford

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
I felt the similarly.

Probably talking more about what he's done this year and how people view him after winning the MNC.

Even with that people gave the praise to Malzhan-Newton and Rocker-Fairley - not Chiz. Chiz get no love from the state media at all and he never will. Not until Saban leaves and Alabama does what they usually do with the hire - SCREW IT UP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

I felt the similarly.

Many still refuse to give him credit.  Malzahn is the real HC.  Cam did it all.  He cheated to get Cam...etc, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 12:50:02 PM »
Many still refuse to give him credit.  Malzahn is the real HC.  Cam did it all.  He cheated to get Cam...etc, etc.

Just like yesterday...a caller to PF from Ohio made the statement that "Well, Cam Newton was an anomoly.  He was a one man show."

It's funny how all these fans of other teams, especially rival teams, seem to be admitting to the fact that their awesomely, outstanding, unbelievable teams....got beat...by one man....all by his lonesome.  He single-handedly snapped the ball to himself, blocked for himself, threw a post pattern to himself and kicked the touchdown.  Then he kicked off to the other team , made the tackle and put a 3 and out on dat ass all by himself. 

Plus, he called all the plays from the sidelines and made 30 calls to recruits every quarter during the games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »
Just like yesterday...a caller to PF from Ohio made the statement that "Well, Cam Newton was an anomoly.  He was a one man show."

It's funny how all these fans of other teams, especially rival teams, seem to be admitting to the fact that their awesomely, outstanding, unbelievable teams....got beat...by one man....all by his lonesome.  He single-handedly snapped the ball to himself, blocked for himself, threw a post pattern to himself and kicked the touchdown.  Then he kicked off to the other team , made the tackle and put a 3 and out on dat ass all by himself. 

Plus, he called all the plays from the sidelines and made 30 calls to recruits every quarter during the games.

How many points is a kicked touchdown worth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
I think it's four but that might be a drop kick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions