Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Miller High Life Commercials

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Miller High Life Commercials
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:47 PM »
I don't drink beer. And I can assume from the reactions of my dear hubby and many on this board, that Miller is skunky beer.

But those commercials with the big black guy beer truck driver deciding who is living the High Life are hysterical.  The actor is perfect.

He never says it but you know he wanted to say "Aw HELL naw... instead of "Come on, maaaaaan..."

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Miller High Life Commercials
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
Only the beer snobs think it's skunky beer.  It tastes just as good as any other mass produced American beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
High Life Light is a good cold beer on a hot summer day.

It's not what I would have with a meal, but its a good drink when you are hot and thirsty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
Only the beer snobs think it's skunky beer.  It tastes just as good as any other mass produced American beer.

Better than Bud Light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »

It's only skunky because they put it in clear bottles.  Any beer no matter of how good a quality it starts out as will go skunky in a hurry if it gets left where light can get at it too long.  Obviously clear bottles add to this, green bottles are known for this problem too.

Incidentally, I have started to find Yuengling in cans at the grocery store.  Just in time for fishing and baseball!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
    Good to see them come back with a decent commercial.  The old Miller Lite commercials are some of the best evah.

That said, every Miller product I have ever tried (Lite, High life, MGD, Icehouse) gives me indigestion.  Don't know what is different from other beers, but anything Miller just about kills me if I drink a few.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
Comparing to other mass produced American Beers, its one of the better ones Id say. Def better than Coors and BUD Light, but probably below Yuengling. I do like how Miller uses Czech hops (Pilsner region) instead of Rice(fuck that shit) like Anheuser Busch.

IMHO, skunky beer would be Natty Ice or The Beast. Even though Ive drank plenty of both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »

It might taste "as good as" but it doesn't taste the same.  I'm not a fan of Miller, never have been.  Just personal pref.  Though sometimes they're funny, as a whole, I don't like the commercial either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
It might taste "as good as" but it doesn't taste the same.  I'm not a fan of Miller, never have been.  Just personal pref.  Though sometimes they're funny, as a whole, I don't like the commercial either.

Why don't you just go kick a puppy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
 :add:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
:add:
Saw that last night - laughed hysterically.  Around my house, we still occasionally yell "Hey, you dang woodchucks!  Stop chucking my wood!"

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 11:53:31 AM »
Geico's commercials have been top notch for years.  Unbelievably crappy company, but great commercials.  I think Budweiser screwed teh pooch with their latest round of radio ads.  Don't know if anyone's heard them but it's where some guy is acting like a coach and giving a group of men a pep talk, like they're about to go on the field.  The talk is about goin' out there and having a Bud.  Make it a great night, blah, blah, blah.  It was good for about the first two times it played.  Then it just got irritating and I hit the button now as soon as I hear it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.