Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Any Mac users?

Any Mac users?
« on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
I need to replace my computer at the house, it is mainly just used for internet usage and pic storage.  Occasional games of Starcraft I and II when I feel like getting my ass kicked by a Korean. 

Is anybody on here a mac user?  I was wondering about getting a Mac mini.  Is it worth it to pay the extra $500 for an iMac or Macbook.  My wife and I both have laptops from work, but we just need something to put some personal pics, work, docs on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Any Mac users?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
I need to replace my computer at the house, it is mainly just used for internet usage and pic storage.  Occasional games of Starcraft I and II when I feel like getting my ass kicked by a Korean. 

Is anybody on here a mac user?  I was wondering about getting a Mac mini.  Is it worth it to pay the extra $500 for an iMac or Macbook.  My wife and I both have laptops from work, but we just need something to put some personal pics, work, docs on.

let me see some of the "personal pictures" and I'll tell you what you need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »
let me see some of the "personal pictures" and I'll tell you what you need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »
Could you not use a cloud based storage deal like Dropbox?

2GB free, or 50-100 GB's depending on what you're willing to pay a month.   I use it.  Can access my files from any device I'm on that gets online.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »
Mini's aren't bad little machines.  I would love to have a PowerMac, MacPro, whatever they call it now, but not dropping that much coin on a machine.  A Mini with a nice NAS ($150) and you can have a nice little setup.

EDIT: Uncle Sani will hate this post.

I also like the Mac OS a lot better than Windows, it's a Darwin based kernel, but then again, I used to be a UNIX admin and I hate Microsoft with the burning fury of a thousand suns.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:45:34 AM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »
Could you not use a cloud based storage deal like Dropbox?

2GB free, or 50-100 GB's depending on what you're willing to pay a month.   I use it.  Can access my files from any device I'm on that gets online.

For now my data storage is getting moved to the cloud.  But I'm having hardware issues at home and just need a new puter.  Have never had a mac anything before and was just thinking about what to get.  Have thought about a Hackintosh but don't know if I want to get that involved to save a $100.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »
Your own hallucination football crew is necessary to outscore compared to additional clubs. Players often wear Casey Hampton jerseys
 in the training.

^^This fucking guy, or girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »
Big Mac?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
Just keep in mind compatibility. If you already have a ton of windows compatible shit, you might not like it much. If you constantly have to use, word, excel, or whatever - might not be the best idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »
Just keep in mind compatibility. If you already have a ton of windows compatible poop, you might not like it much. If you constantly have to use, word, excel, or whatever - might not be the best idea.

Office for Mac has always been compatible using MS Office and even Open Office.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:48:01 AM »
Office for Mac has always been compatible using MS Office and even Open Office.

I can get Office for Mac through my work for dirt cheap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »

That is how I got it, for free dirt cheap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »

Then you're good. Some people don't think about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE