Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't know if any of you fish or hunt

Don't know if any of you fish or hunt
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
but here is an interesting pictorial from Field and Stream.  This guy lived to be 101 and looks like Burgess Meredith in Grumpy Old Men.  Apparently he hunted and fished from about the '20's until he died last month.  I especially like the pic showing him and his buddies with some geese they had just got wearing white shirts with ties, it looks like they went hunting that way.   Along the way he developed an artistic talent he had and started dabbling in taxidermy as a hobby.  As somebody named "auburn-hunter" (not me) commented

"What an amazing man and a life that truly seems to have been led the way he wanted. The fact that he was still able to draw and paint that late in life with that skill is awesome. If I am fortunate to live anywhere near that length of time, I hope for two things - 1) that I am able to continue hunting and fishing and 2) that my children and family care about me as much as his obviously do. My hat is off to you Kermit, rest in peace."

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2011/03/angler-fisherman-101-years-old-legendary-tribute-hunter
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:39:44 PM by AU_Tiger_2000 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Re: Don't know if any of you fish or hunt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
Series of paintings he did starting at age 94.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.