Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

One of the original pinup girls is gone...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
One of the original pinup girls is gone...
« on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
Jane Russell passed away today at age 89.

A half million WWII GI's are waiting on her at the Pearly Gates to say thanks.

She was also a staunch Republican who attended Dwight Eisenhower's inauguration along with other notables from Hollywood such as Lou Costello, Dick Powell, June Allyson, Anita Louise and Louella Parsons. That would have killed her in today's immoral Hollywood, but back then, it represented real America, and she was in good company. As she described it:

"I have always been a Republican, and when I was in Hollywood long ago, most of the people there were Republican. The studio heads were all Republican, my boss Howard Hughes was a raving Republican, and we had a motion picture code in those days so they couldn't do all this naughty stuff. We had John Wayne, we had Charlton Heston, we had man named Ronald Reagan, we had Robert Mitchum, James Stewart, Clark Gable."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: One of the original pinup girls is gone...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Women just aren't that hot anymore.  Present company excepted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: One of the original pinup girls is gone...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
Women just aren't that hot anymore.  Present company excepted.

Honestly?  I think that they were so hot because you never totally saw them in the all together.  Nowdays every actress around has done some sort of Playboy spread or semi-nude photo shoot for GQ or maxim or whatever...and a man's imagination is sometimes better than the real thing.

I think people like Jane Russell and Betty Grable and Lana Turner and Rita Hayworth are hotter because of what they hinted at, but never showed...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions