Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WZZN issues statement on "tapes"

jmar

Re: WZZN issues statement on "tapes"
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
It does have to end.  The problem is if these two clowns decide to be just that - clowns. 

Perhaps they are seeing this as an opportunity to be a highly rated talk show that never discusses serious topics.  It's a comedy show.  A real vaudeville presentation.

Cam and Cecil in hot water with Auburn about pay-for-play?  We'll manufacture the tapes.  Come and listen.

Muschamp and Florida in trouble for having recruits sleep with cheerleaders?  We'll hire a big black guy and a hot adult film star and let them go at it in a dark hotel room.  Then we'll publish the video on our website after advertising it on the air.  Come and watch.  Then, um, come. 

Dooley and Tennessee in trouble for handing bags of cash to high school coaches?  We'll get a surveillance camera and film a guy that looks like a Tennessee booster handing a brown paper bag to a guy that sorta kinda looks like the head coach of a local high school.

It's like Weird Al Yankovich decided to do sports radio.  These guys may benefit from their lies in ways we can't control because we all know people like comedy.
TH it's all comedy to me. That's why I think the best defense against a "machine" with all of the tools at it's disposal and with overwhelming numbers is to satirize it because you cannot be heard and even if you could be heard it would fall largely on deaf ears. But teasing is a way of infuriating the kool-aid drinking true believers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »
You can attack or defend. Either way it has to be offensive. Conventional methods are one way, but the serious, student government response is stuffy and gets lost like sifting through 250 pages of documents.

If you want an apology it will be turned against you because you come off as too sensitive. They cannot be stopped or beaten, only ridiculed and teased. If the "Auburn Response" is hard and edgy in a comedic sense, it will be more effective and have a more lasting effect on readers, listeners and callers because of the negative nature of the overall news cycle we see every day. It simply numbs the public.

So on a much smaller scale, athletics and particularly in our case largely football, just in this state alone the outlets are dominated by the rival forces. And if you only have a stick and a rock to fight with, you have to get creative. 

Think of the current and past conflits in the world. Almost always, one side has a decisive advantage. It's no different here.  :poke: 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:31:57 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
Tapes, Part 2

I'm sorry but I was pissing my pants.   :bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »

Agreed.  That was funny as hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 01:21:38 PM »
You know how Mrs. Newton loves her Mastadon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Damn planes, the perils of living at the end of a runway I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 02:31:35 PM »
Ok.  I've spent part of my day studying the process of "authenticating" tapes. 

I've even got a call in to an expert in New Jersey who specializes in it. 

From what I've read, one of the key indicators of tampering is excessive background noise.   It's how you hide the changes in pitch and tone that would be a red flag of the thing being spliced together. 

Lots of background noise?  Check. 

Another thing is that even using the most sophisticated machines and the most talented analysts -- and even with an extensive verified repository of recorded conversation to use as the control -- you can never conclude with anything approaching 100% accuracy that a recording is genuine or that it contains the voices of the people you claim. 

So essentially the "authentication" is a sham. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
Ok.  I've spent part of my day studying the process of "authenticating" tapes. 

I've even got a call in to an expert in New Jersey who specializes in it. 

From what I've read, one of the key indicators of tampering is excessive background noise.   It's how you hide the changes in pitch and tone that would be a red flag of the thing being spliced together. 

Lots of background noise?  Check. 

Another thing is that even using the most sophisticated machines and the most talented analysts -- and even with an extensive verified repository of recorded conversation to use as the control -- you can never conclude with anything approaching 100% accuracy that a recording is genuine or that it contains the voices of the people you claim. 

So essentially the "authentication" is a sham.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 02:56:22 PM »

I never have any idea what you're talking about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
Ok, lets just play along for a minute and pretend these tapes are real. Does the voice in the audio not sound more like the Kenny Rogers guy anyway? Also, what does this prove other than what we already knew? Nothing. There are the Updikes that seem to think they heard Cam in the background. Well thats called wishful thinking on their part. But, again playing along, would that not be Cecil which again is something we already knew.

I for one think these tapes fake as shit anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »
Ok, lets just play along for a minute and pretend these tapes are real. Does the voice in the audio not sound more like the Kenny Rogers guy anyway? Also, what does this prove other than what we already knew? Nothing. There are the Updikes that seem to think they heard Cam in the background. Well thats called wishful thinking on their part. But, again playing along, would that not be Cecil which again is something we already knew.

I for one think these tapes fake as shit anyway.

That's kind of the thing.  It doesn't really matter if they're real or not. 

I feel like this...

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »
The only thing these tapes prove is that every person on all these message boards now know who Scott Moore is.  Pretty convenient given that he is trying to start a new radio show in a week or so. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »
I for one think these tapes fake as poop anyway.

Hello?  Mr. Bond?  This is Cecil Newton.  My son wants $180,000 dollars.   What? No you can't talk to him, but he's right here.

Tell him to bring a coat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
That's kind of the thing.  It doesn't really matter if they're real or not. 

I feel like this...

:facepalm:

No, it don't matter because it doesn't change shit that has already happened. Its like re-hashing stuff that has already happened and the Updikes of the world are treating this like its a golden voice recorded off a Fischer Price toy. (+1 to GF)

If this is the kind of stuff the NCAA had has evidence, I can easily see why it was disregarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 03:42:14 PM »
I never have any idea what you're talking about.
Which is essentially what this is all about.
Ever been asked: Why Auburn?
Auburn is different, and indifferent to Alabama.
Different gets ridiculed by and large by the masses for no other reason than being different.
Auburn does not follow the Alabama tradition so it follows in their minds that Auburn must be classless as well among other things. (Bamer logic)
Auburn won the title so it must have cheated.
The truth is out there.

Somewhere!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions