Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lauren Burk's killer gets death

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Lauren Burk's killer gets death
« on: March 02, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
WTF was the jury thinking????  Way to go, Judge Walker!

Opelika, Alabama -- Lee County Circuit Court Judge Jacob Walker III overturned a jury's recommendation Wednesday and sentenced Courtney Lockhart to death.

Lockhart, 26, of Smiths Station, was convicted for the March 2008 murder of Auburn freshman Lauren Burk, of Marietta, Ga.

“It is therefore my decision to override the jury’s recommendation in this case and sentence Mr. Lockhart to death by lethal injection,” Walker told the court.

Lockhart didn’t say anything, but did wave to his family.

After the verdict, Lockhart's mother, Catherine Williams, said "Oh Lord, help me Jesus," and started sobbing.

Following the sentencing, Burk’s family quickly filed out of the courtroom.

THIS is why he got the death penalty:

Jim Burk, father of slain Auburn University freshman Lauren Burk, took the stand during Courtney Lockhart’s sentencing hearing this morning.

Lee County Circuit Court Judge Jacob Walker will decide whether to sentence Lockhart, who has been convicted in Burk’s murder, to life in prison without the possibility of parole or death by lethal injection.

The state is asking for Walker to overturn the recommendation of life without parole for the death penalty.

"My daughter is not breathing anymore," said Burk. "Mr. Lockhart is breathing. Where’s the fairness in that? If any of you had a child, who went through that, you would want the death penalty. Give me a break."

Burk told the court he hoped Lockhart’s daughter would never have to go through what his daughter went through. That statement caused an outburst by Lockhart.

"I feel his pain," said Lockhart. "I do. But I can’t change what happened. I’m sorry to you and your family. Don’t bring my daughter into it."

Burk replied "I wish you didn’t bring my daughter into it
."

OH, how angry that father must be... I would be saving up my money to buy a shiv on the inside.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:30:45 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

Re: Lauren Burk's killer gets death
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
With it being 12-0 for Life Without, the judge was making a ststement, but he'll likely be overturned on appeal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
WTF was the jury thinking????  Way to go, Judge Walker!

THIS is why he got the death penalty:

OH, how angry that father must be... I would be saving up my money to buy a shiv on the inside.
Spartacus: I have done this thing because it is just. Blood demands blood.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:51:03 PM by AWK »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
Let someone get near my little girl and we won't need courts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »
"I feel his pain," said Lockhart. "I do. But I can’t change what happened. I’m sorry to you and your family. Don’t bring my daughter into it."

Burk replied "I wish you didn’t bring my daughter into it."

I don't even know what to say about this, really. With many of us here having daughters, I just don't know what I would have done. First reaction though, death by my hands in a serious rage, ripping the fucker into pieces.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »
I don't even know what to say about this, really. With many of us here having daughters, I just don't know what I would have done. First reaction though, death by my hands in a serious rage, ripping the fucker into pieces.
When I read that, the deranged thoughts that entered my head shouldn't be repeated...and I don't even have any children.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
Death by chaining his punk ass to a tree and castrating him with a dull, rusty pocket knife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
I'm for the Charley Daniel's method of execution.

As far as I'm concerned there ain't no excuse
For the raping and the killing and the child abuse
And I've got a way to put and end to all that mess
You just take those rascals out in the swamp
Put them on their knees and tie 'em to a stump
And let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Token

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 06:33:51 PM »
With it being 12-0 for Life Without, the judge was making a ststement, but he'll likely be overturned on appeal.

Sadly, I agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »

I would hope that as I sank my teeth into his jugular, the baliff and deputies in court that day would decide to take a moment to tie their shoe before pulling me off of him.

I would - seriously would - arrange for an inside job.  Wait a few years, let the fresh wear off, then have someone toss a pruno molotov inside his cell, or put rat poison in his powdered eggs.  Would not matter where they put him - they can't keep him in iso forever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:44:20 PM »
They should almost kill him and then revive him.  And then almost kill him again.  And then revive him.

Then do Hostel shit to him. 

And then hang him above a pit of pigs and let them eat him from the feet up to about the knees. 

Then force him to play Russian Roulette day after day after day until he shoots himself.  But not in the head. In the nuts. 

Then put a tiny slit in his gut and stick a rat in it.  And some scorpions.  And ants. 

Then tie his hands to a table and use a machete to split each of his fingers down the middle.  If he screams? Pop an eyeball with a pickle fork. 

Then let him heal up for a bit. 

Cut off slices of his ass, fry them up and make him eat them.

Make him open his mouth and hit his jaw with a mallet until it dislocates on both sides. 

Take a 1/4 inch drill and drill both his ears out. 

Burn all the hair off his head with a blowtorch. 

When you finish all that?  Then it's time to start torture proper. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »

Agree and its total bs. This guy needs to be exterminated from the human race. Anyone who reads the process of how this girl died will agree. This is one of those cases where a message needs to be sent loud and clear. And the judge did all he could do to do that. Fuck this scum. Mr. Burke should pull a Carl Lee on his Ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
They should almost kill him and then revive him.  And then almost kill him again.  And then revive him.

Then do Hostel poop to him. 

And then hang him above a pit of pigs and let them eat him from the feet up to about the knees. 

Then force him to play Russian Roulette day after day after day until he shoots himself.  But not in the head. In the nuts. 

Then put a tiny slit in his gut and stick a rat in it.  And some scorpions.  And ants. 

Then tie his hands to a table and use a machete to split each of his fingers down the middle.  If he screams? Pop an eyeball with a pickle fork. 

Then let him heal up for a bit. 

Cut off slices of his ass, fry them up and make him eat them.

Make him open his mouth and hit his jaw with a mallet until it dislocates on both sides. 

Take a 1/4 inch drill and drill both his ears out. 

Burn all the hair off his head with a blowtorch. 

When you finish all that?  Then it's time to start torture proper.

Yep, I think we just became friends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan