Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I thought only Draft Dodgers could pull this stunt...

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
I thought only Draft Dodgers could pull this stunt...
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:10:09 AM »
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-izbicki-objector-0223-20110222,0,5322160.story

Reversing Itself, Navy Grants Ensign Conscientious Objector Status
Michael Izbicki Was Stationed At Submarine School

By MARK SPENCER, mspencer@courant.com
The Hartford Courant
8:06 p.m. EST, February 22, 2011

Reversing two earlier denials, the U.S Navy has granted conscientious objector status to Michael Izbicki, a Naval Academy graduate most recently stationed at the Naval Submarine School in Groton.

Izbicki, 24, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Hartford in November, asking for an honorable discharge as a conscientious objector, contending that the Navy's hearings on his two requests were deeply flawed with legal, factual and procedural errors.

Deborah H. Karpatkin, a New York City attorney who represented Izbicki along with the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut, said the Navy offered no explanation of why it overruled its earlier decisions... 

Conscientious Objector?  ACLU?  WTF?  Nevermind the fact that he had an obligation...  The pussification and neutering of America's manhood continues.  At least, they seem ready to go after the fuggin' beta for his educational expenses.  They should have just thrown his ass in front of a firing line. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Re: I thought only Draft Dodgers could pull this stunt...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:25 AM »
I will have you keelhauled! And that's serious on an aircraft carrier!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
I don't have problem with this. Just send his ass a bill.

How much would a service academy education cost anyway?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:44:10 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
I knew of one guy in our battalion that decided he was a Conscientious Objector just before the shit hit the fan.  The battalion sgt. maj. agreed that he should not have a weapon to shoot anything and put him on litter bearer detail.

So in addition to still being under hostile gun fire now the mother fucker has no weapon to shoot back.

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
From the article

Izbicki said he eventually decided that his Christian beliefs forbid him from killing. He initially hoped he could continue his career in a noncombat role, but ultimately decided he could not support war in any way, he said.

He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. - Luke 22:36

For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. - Romans 13:4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:03:10 PM »
I have less than no respect for those who refuse to support war yet wish to live in the safety, prosperity and freedom that war safeguards. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
I have less than no respect for those who refuse to support war yet wish to live in the safety, prosperity and freedom that war safeguards. 

And, I have even less than that for those who fail to meet or satisfy their commitments, especially when the military is involved.  At a minimum, he should have been court-martialed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
He got a top notch education, then pulled this shit.  FUCK HIM!  I hope he never gets anywhere in life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions