Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HBO through the back door

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
HBO through the back door
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
It seems there is a story coming out on HBO, March 30th digging in to back door handshakes in the SEC. This includes several teams in the SEC, two of which being Auburn and Alabama. I'm just gonna link it up and let you guys sink your teeth into. I will say the McClover story is now trickling into our beloved state media, but there is only one guy speaking the Chris Keys situation and thats Chuck Oliver. Also, the only "real" source so far on the McClover part of it is StoryByBrooks and we all know how credible this is. The problem here is that this is going national on HBO.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/tuesday-blogdome-former-auburn-player-to-detail-allegation-on-hbo/

http://dev.chuckoliver.net/2011/02/hbo-digging-into-secs-darker-side/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

Re: HBO through the back door
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »
So, is it coincidence that the McClover side of this is the only thing being reported? I really don't know who this Keys guy is, apparently a pine rider, but if this is so then bama could be in some deep shit since they are technically still of probation till 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
I'm friends with Travis Williams on Facebook, and he was talking about it last night.

To sum up what he said:

Auburn gave you a scholarship and a chance to play football while getting an education.  It's not Auburn's fault you screwed up your life, and now you're going to make up a bunch of lies just to get on TV. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »
I'm friends with Travis Williams on Facebook, and he was talking about it last night.

To sum up what he said:

Auburn gave you a scholarship and a chance to play football while getting an education.  It's not Auburn's fault you screwed up your life, and now you're going to make up a bunch of lies just to get on TV.

THIS THIS THIS....and then THIS.

WHY the hell would you turn around and bite the hand that fed you.  What could possibly be your motivation for accusing AU of giving..giving...did you read that...giving you money.  NOW it's an issue?  Really???  Really???  Hmmmmm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
So, is it coincidence that the McClover side of this is the only thing being reported? I really don't know who this Keys guy is, apparently a pine rider, but if this is so then bama could be in some deep shit since they are technically still of probation till 2012.

I remember the Keys story pretty well.  He was a "troubled teen" who happened to be a 4 star safety.  He was all but set to go to LSU, but got into trouble at school and ended up living with Ali Sharrief's family.  Sharrief was a lower rated running back that had previously committed to Auburn, but after Keys came along both de-committed from the schools and committed to Alabama.  This was one of the few recruiting "wins" Shula had, and word on the skreet was that it cost him a good bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »

To sum up what he said:

I love T-Will, the guy tells you like it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
I remember the Keys story pretty well.  He was a "troubled teen" who happened to be a 4 star safety.  He was all but set to go to LSU, but got into trouble at school and ended up living with Ali Sharrief's family.  Sharrief was a lower rated running back that had previously committed to Auburn, but after Keys came along both de-committed from the schools and committed to Alabama.  This was one of the few recruiting "wins" Shula had, and word on the skreet was that it cost him a good bit.

I remembered it vaguely, but after doing a little article searching I learned a good bit. From what Oliver is writing, he has will be on HBO spilling the beans too. Not a whole lot of media play right now but I'd be willing to be bet the closer to March 30th we get, the more we will hear about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:16:40 AM »
This is why I am real curious to see what is alleged and by whom.  Just because we are hearing that a former Auburn player has spoken to them we have no way of knowing if they are speaking about specific instances or in general terms.

I am willing to hear it out before I send Schwarzenegger in to deal with the predator.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
This is why I am real curious to see what is alleged and by whom.  Just because we are hearing that a former Auburn player has spoken to them we have no way of knowing if they are speaking about specific instances or in general terms.

I am willing to hear it out before I send Schwarzenegger in to deal with the predator.

I'm thinking the same thing.  Heath Evans re-tweeted a McGroover twat basically saying that he knew now who his REAL friends are.  Maybe he meant REAL SPORTS, or maybe he really didn't say that much and is tired already of the criticism.  We probably won't know the truth until the story airs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
I'm thinking the same thing.  Heath Evans re-tweeted a McGroover twat basically saying that he knew now who his REAL friends are.  Maybe he meant REAL SPORTS, or maybe he really didn't say that much and is tired already of the criticism.  We probably won't know the truth until the story airs.

I know that there is no love lost between Evans and Gran. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

What I've picked up is that McClover is of the same mold as another former AU player who I won't name.  He blames Auburn for his inabilty to make it in the NFL.  How he came to that conclusion, I don't know, but the version I got is that after he left (and stupidly left early) and was struggling he expected some "help" from Auburn coaches and didn't get it.  So he's striking back.

He's also angry that when rumors that he was going to talk to HBO surfaced, people started ripping on him. Since we didn't "support" him when he busted out of the NFL, he's mad at all of us, it's our fault and we're not his friends any more. 

Sad.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:28:52 AM »
We probably won't know the truth until the story airs.

True that, but it sucks its gonna be another month till then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 02:59:18 PM »
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/sources-hbo-paid-mcclover-coach-refutes-claim-29521

Well, well, well.........interesting turn of events.  Even if I do hate the guys who blogged this.

From the link:
One source, who is an assistant coach at a major college football program in the South, indicated that in the wake of Scott and current Dillard High School officials failing to confirm McClover’s claim about his Auburn recruitment, McClover is now wavering on the veracity of his claim and that HBO is pondering whether it should include the former Auburn player’s allegation in the March 30 Real Sports episode.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:03:17 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/sources-hbo-paid-mcclover-coach-refutes-claim-29521

Well, well, well.........interesting turn of events.  Even if I do hate the guys who blogged this.

From the link:
Well that changes everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
Rocker posted on Stanley's facebook...he'll give him a shot @ Tennessee + 180 k.  Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
We probably won't know the truth until the story airs.

Who's truth? His?-The media's version?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »

From the link:

Wow, talk about a turn of events.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
Don't trust the Jewish Media.  Hebrew Box Office is the crown jewel of conspiricies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »

From the link:

Surprise, surprise, surprise!  $1 to Gomer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
Don't trust the Jewish Media.  Hebrew Box Office is the crown jewel of conspiricies.
I see what you did there.

No rule against self referential-racism (or in this case antisemitism).

We're gonna allow it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions