Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The difference...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The difference...
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
Been thinking about the difference between how Auburn issues are percieved and how Alabama ones are presented. 

It reinforces my conviction that a well organized Never To Yield Foundation is vital to restoring balance. 

Look at the Saban issue with Sanders. 

Sportsbybrooks reports the contacts.  Shows pictures of what is, according to some, an NCAA violation.  Shows pictures of Saban at Sanders' high school talking to him during a period where it's not allowed.  Another violation.

What's the response?  Cecil Hurt goes on Finebaum and explains the coincidences and why it's not a big deal.  Izzy Gould writes an opinion piece for al.com explaining how things are not as they seem.  The rest of the bama media chimes in and then provides a forum and the words for Sanders himself to say that he never really said what he actually said.   Easy to do.  Call him, ask leading questions and report as you want it. 

Damage?  Minimized. 

Troper Taylor is at Toomers throwing toilet paper with recruits he calls out by name.  Our beat reporter goes on Finebaum and explains how this is an NCAA violation.  He posts videos of the event online under headlines that scream about NCAA rule breaking.  When this is unsatisfactory, he calls the NCAA to report the violations (this actually happened and the guy is still writing about Auburn).   Cecil Hurt takes the information and feeds it to his pals at the New York Times.  It gets fanned out to Evans and the rest of the little group that used to run in the same circles. 

Damage?  Maximized. 

We don't have a voice.  That is the problem.  We do not have a voice to rebut and tamp down everything.  Not only do they have a voice, but they have an investigative arm through the New York Times conglomerate.  Why the NYT?  There's the connection between them and the T-news, but even bigger than that is that there is (or was) a sour grapes former AU grad working there who hated AU athletics.  She's the one who got that ball rolling. 

But there's no conspiracy.  This is all just coincidence. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: The difference...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
I totally agree with you kaos. I have agreed with you that this is a war for over 2 years...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
I have seen this waaaay too many times over my 40 years on this planet.  However, I don't believe www.nevertoyeild.com www.werenotgonnatakeitanymore.com or www.bammermediaisinfectedwithgoataids.com will ultimately do that much good against their media machine.

Auburn needs to fight back starting with the Journalism school, but even that will take a long time to start loading down the scales of media justice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »
I have seen this waaaay too many times over my 40 years on this planet.  However, I don't believe www.nevertoyeild.com www.werenotgonnatakeitanymore.com or www.bammermediaisinfectedwithgoataids.com will ultimately do that much good against their media machine.

Auburn needs to fight back starting with the Journalism school, but even that will take a long time to start loading down the scales of media justice.

This is kind of my point too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
Troper Taylor is at Toomers throwing toilet paper with recruits he calls out by name.
This is an example of what we've been talking about recently and you didn't even intend for it to be.

Another lie perpetuated by the bammer media. Repeated enough that it was believed to be true, like the Auburn fans rolling Toomer's after Bear's death thing.

The voice that was calling recruits out by name was not that of Trooper Taylor. It didn't resemble it in the least. It was clearly that of a young Caucasian student. Trooper couldn't bring his voice up that high if he were doing an impression.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »

I've never seen us do anything organized. 

What we do instead is exactly what's happening here.  There's an idea.  People start considering it and then a few nattering naybobs come along and piss and moan and shit on it with their sanctimonious, self-righteous blathering. 

Instead of unifying, we fracture. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »
Why the NYT?  There's the connection between them and the T-news, but even bigger than that is that there is (or was) a sour grapes former AU grad working there who hated AU athletics.  She's the one who got that ball rolling. 

But there's no conspiracy.  This is all just coincidence.

Howell Hiram Raines....................this guy was certainly no friend of Auburn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howell_Raines

WDE

ps:  I am looking for another link that talks about Mr. Raines, the uat school of journalism, the Anniston Star and other interesting tidbits about uat media influence......if I find it again, will post it...........

http://cis.ua.edu/about/pdf/communicator05.pdf.....an interesting annual publication of who is who and how it is all connected in journalism.

Are all the people you read about in this publication part of a conspiracy?  No.  But reading the issues will give one some insight to the industry.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:08:17 AM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:02:06 PM »
Auburn needs our version Fox News.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Howell Hiram Raines....................this guy was certainly no friend of Auburn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howell_Raines

WDE

ps:  I am looking for another link that talks about Mr. Raines, the uat school of journalism, the Anniston Star and other interesting tidbits about uat media influence......if I find it again, will post it...........

http://cis.ua.edu/about/pdf/communicator05.pdf.....an interesting annual publication of who is who and how it is all connected in journalism.

Are all the people you read about in this publication part of a conspiracy?  No.  But reading the issues will give one some insight to the industry.

I, We, They.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 12:11:20 PM »
I, We, They.......

it aint just a tag line.............

:bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
Auburn needs our version Fox News.

If we can get the foundation off the ground, that's the next step.  Start with podcasts.  Easy to do.  Internet radio. 

Can you imagine me with a two-hour show?  The Michael Savage of Auburn.  Hahahaha.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »
Hey Kehvun...whut do u thank bout dis?  Wouldn't it be aweusume if uhhhh....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs