Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Belay the outrage. It's our fault.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Belay the outrage. It's our fault.
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/613134-auburns-toomers-corner-trees-poisoned-are-auburn-fans-to-blame

Don't click on the link and give this evil bastard the attention he craves.  But here's what they think. 

I decided that it was best to let everyone vent over the very disturbing news that Auburn's beloved Toomer's Corner oak trees had been poisoned by a former Texas state trooper claiming to be an Alabama fan before sitting down to write my take on this senseless act. Texas man. Claiming to be. No, he's not one of theirs, he's an imposter.

The man arrested for the act was Harvey Almorn Updyke, 62, from Dadeville, AL.

This man allegedly called Paul Finebaum in January on his popular sports call-in show and proudly announced to the nation that he had driven to Auburn and poisoned the Toomer's Corner trees with Spike 80DF, a herbicide that inhibits photosynthesis and is used mainly for clearing brush from fence rows. He said he did this in retaliation for several acts committed by Auburn fans against The University of Alabama.

The reaction from Auburn fans for this despicable act have ranged from anger and sadness to calls for revenge and retaliation.

Officials from both universities have expressed their hopes that fans of both schools would not retaliate and called for each fanbase to act responsibly.

The trees are likely to die, but every effort will be made to save them.

"We will take every step we can to save the Toomer's oaks, which have been the home of countless celebrations and a symbol of the Auburn spirit for generations of Auburn students, fans, alumni and the community," university President Jay Gogue said in a statement.

The blame game started immediately with Auburn fans and some media outlets blaming Alabama fans for the tree poisoning because the man that called the Finebaum Show said "Roll Damn Tide" as he hung up. Yes, we started the "blame game."  Really should have just applauded him and been done with it.  Why bother blaming?  They're just trees.

Then again, let's look at this situation from this poor deranged man's point of view.

This man said he poisoned the trees because of acts perpetrated on the University of Alabama by Auburn fans.

So, it could be argued that if those actions taken by Auburn fans had never taken place that this terrible incident would have never taken place as well. Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing, you punk ass Aubies

If that is true, then Auburn fans are just as much at fault in this matter than anyone else involved. more so if it is found that the Texas man accused is found to be unstable as some are now indicating.

That could mean that Auburn fans themselves are indirectly responsible for poisoning their own beloved trees by their own ill-responsible behavior.  What the fuck is "ill-responsible?  But you get the message.  It's OUR fault.  We started it.

If you poke a stick at a sick mad dog long enough and he finally jumps up and bites you then really, whose fault is it? At least he has sense enough to call himself a mad dog

Everyone needs to accept that we are all to blame in one way or another in this ugly situation.

Playing the blame game can be dangerous and can backfire in some situations.

How ironic it would be if Auburn fans actually share the blame for their own terrible tragedy that has befallen their beloved Toomer's Corner oak trees?

How ironic indeed...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Belay the outrage. It's our fault.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »
I'm guessing that guy hasn't donated his ¢.80
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
Well, it apparently wasn't a typo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »
I commented.  What a fucking loon.   :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »
Aren't most bammers sick and derranged.  Also, the bammer retard said he did it mainly in response to the "aubies" rolling Toomer's the day after the Bahr died.  Yeah, that didn't happen...but, to the retarded, derranged, inbred, trash that makes up a good portion of the bammer nation it did...eventhough it actually didn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 01:21:29 AM »
Aren't most bammers sick and derranged.  Also, the bammer retard said he did it mainly in response to the "aubies" rolling Toomer's the day after the Bahr died.  Yeah, that didn't happen...but, to the retarded, derranged, inbred, trash that makes up a good portion of the bammer nation it did...eventhough it actually didn't.

Tell a lie long enough...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »
Tell a lie long enough...
Whatever...got 13?

In all seriousness, that's their only tradition.  Lie enough, eventually the brain dead sheep will repeat it as truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
I commented.  What a fucking loon.   :taunt:

Are you number 6 in the camp? We need more people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Are you number 6 in the camp? We need more people.

Me, Prowler, Chopper... you throw Chizad on our bus and I think it's the seventh sign of the apocalypse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:19 PM »
Me, Prowler, Chopper... you throw Chizad on our bus and I think it's the seventh sign of the apocalypse.

Ummmm.....I think this is actually some weird dream.  Me and you in the same camp as chad, prowler and chop? But hey, if they feel the same way I do about THIS issue, I could careless what I argued with them about in the past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
I'm in the camp that's ready to go to war.  I am at a school in Little Rock and a couple of people decided to refer to me as "hey bama", I told them real quick like that they could go fuck themselves.  When they had a puzzled look on their faces, I explained to them that I did not fuck my sister, mother, cousin, or farm animals, so I do not desire to be called bama.  Fuck em all!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:37 PM »
I'm in the camp that's ready to go to war.  I am at a school in Little Rock and a couple of people decided to refer to me as "hey bama", I told them real quick like that they could go fuck themselves.  When they had a puzzled look on their faces, I explained to them that I did not fuck my sister, mother, cousin, or farm animals, so I do not desire to be called bama.  Fuck em all!

How many before it's a by damn mob?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »
How many before it's a by damn mob?

Start a "fuck em in da mouf x 17 camp count" thread.

Kaos
Prowler
GH
ssgaufan
Chop
Chizad
JR
djsimp
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 12:41:09 PM »
Start a "fuck em in da mouf x 17 camp count" thread.

Kaos
Prowler
GH
ssgaufan
Chop
Chizad
JR
djsimp
You martyrs, you...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:06:01 PM »
You martyrs, you...

You're welcome to join, we are dying to have you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »
You're welcome to join, we are dying to have you.
I see what you did there...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."