Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two random tree remarks toward the rugby team

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Two random tree remarks toward the rugby team
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
You are absolutely right.  Everyone on here will make Miss Manners so proud as they quietly explain to the Updyke in a classy and dignified way the error of his or her ways in directing their unpalatable language towards an Auburn fan, and then go on to state in the most polite of terms how the Updyke in question can do fuck him or herself, thereby ensuring that the Auburn Family continues to hold superior ground. 

Yeah, that's gonna happen.  My bad.  Viva la resistance!!

What you insinuated is that you believe that some of us are incapable of rational and reasonable response.  Your inference is that we aren't as cultured and sophisticated as perhaps you are and we can't be trusted to express our opinion in public.   

Fuck that.  Smacks of elitism. 

We're all grown people.  Some of us own our own businesses or manage businesses for others.  Some of us work in the halls of government and confer with Senators, governors and congressmen. Many of us are professionals.  All of us on this board, at least, are educated.  We all make our own way in this world and do not rely on others to sustain us.  We're responsible for our actions. Most of us are responsible for the welfare of our families. 

We're not half naked barbarians running wild in the streets.  We know how to interact with the public and we know how to craft cogent, non-profane responses when we are aggreived.  If you'd bothered to read the posted responses to issues over the last few days you'd see that when we do react, we do so with restraint and dignity. 

Inside these walls it's family.  Like Vito Corleone said, never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking.  Here, we vent.  When we take it to the streets, we rein that in.  What Kaos says on this message board and what Bruce Wayne writes when he lodges a complaint against an offending journalist are two very different things.  It's disappointing that you're unable to recognize that. 

All anybody here is really looking for is a way to band together and determine a unified response to this situation.  It's not the trees.  It's never been the trees. The poisoning of the trees is a symptom of a larger malady and one we'd like to address in whatever manner we can.

NOBODY said engage them on their own level.  You inserted that yourself. 

I'm sorry our horse doesn't ride nearly as high as yours.  I'd get fucking dizzy peering down at the world from that height, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 12:03:51 AM »
What you insinuated is that you believe that some of us are incapable of rational and reasonable response.  Your inference is that we aren't as cultured and sophisticated as perhaps you are and we can't be trusted to express our opinion in public.   

We're all grown people.  Some of us own our own businesses or manage businesses for others.  Some of us work in the halls of government and confer with Senators, governors and congressmen. Many of us are professionals.  All of us on this board, at least, are educated.  We all make our own way in this world and do not rely on others to sustain us.  We're responsible for our actions. Most of us are responsible for the welfare of our families. 

We're not half naked barbarians running wild in the streets.  We know how to interact with the public and we know how to craft cogent, non-profane responses when we are aggreived.  If you'd bothered to read the posted responses to issues over the last few days you'd see that when we do react, we do so with restraint and dignity. 

Inside these walls it's family.  Like Vito Corleone said, never let anybody outside the family know what you're thinking.  Here, we vent.  When we take it to the streets, we rein that in.  What Kaos says on this message board and what Bruce Wayne writes when he lodges a complaint against an offending journalist are two very different things.  It's disappointing that you're unable to recognize that. 

All anybody here is really looking for is a way to band together and determine a unified response to this situation.  It's not the trees.  It's never been the trees. The poisoning of the trees is a symptom of a larger malady and one we'd like to address in whatever manner we can.

NOBODY said engage them on their own level.  You inserted that yourself. 

I'm sorry our horse doesn't ride nearly as high as yours.  I'd get fucking dizzy peering down at the world from that height, though. 
We're Going STREAKING!!!!!  WOOOOoooooo!!!!!!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:05:23 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »

I did insinuate that some of us are incapable of rational and reasonable response.  I would hope that the members of this board who are educated professionals are capable of representing themselves and our university in a positive manner in public, but there is plenty of evidence on this board to support my insinuation, some of which are first hand accounts.  Perhaps their comments are hyperbole - you would be the best judge of that. 

Your accusation of my alleged elitism is yet another attempt to distract from my central point by attacking me personally in hopes of getting me to defend myself and thereby redirecting my attention elsewhere.  Never at any time have I claimed to be as or more cultured or sophisticated than anyone else on here.  You are the one reading more into my post than was there. 

The ironic thing is that you yourself in other times have made direct, downright snarky comments about the education and financial status of a LOT of people on this board, Auburn and rival alike, comments that are much more elitist than anything I allegedly infered, especially since you usually include specific comparisons to your own career and economic position in an attempt to justify your superiority to whomever you are lambasting.

But apparently politics makes strange bedfellows, Mr. Mitty.

I said my piece in a separate thread.  Still feel that way.  Good luck raging against the machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »
A Will Ferrell movie reference in which Ferrell is the lone dumbass trying to lead everyone in a rally while failing miserably. 

Kaos will be proud.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
I did insinuate that some of us are incapable of rational and reasonable response.  I would hope that the members of this board who are educated professionals are capable of representing themselves and our university in a positive manner in public, but there is plenty of evidence on this board to support my insinuation, some of which are first hand accounts.  Perhaps their comments are hyperbole - you would be the best judge of that. 

Your accusation of my alleged elitism is yet another attempt to distract from my central point by attacking me personally in hopes of getting me to defend myself and thereby redirecting my attention elsewhere.  Never at any time have I claimed to be as or more cultured or sophisticated than anyone else on here.  You are the one reading more into my post than was there. 

The ironic thing is that you yourself in other times have made direct, downright snarky comments about the education and financial status of a LOT of people on this board, Auburn and rival alike, comments that are much more elitist than anything I allegedly infered, especially since you usually include specific comparisons to your own career and economic position in an attempt to justify your superiority to whomever you are lambasting.

But apparently politics makes strange bedfellows, Mr. Mitty.

I said my piece in a separate thread.  Still feel that way.  Good luck raging against the machine.

Pah - fucking - thetic. 

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »
A Will Ferrell movie reference in which Ferrell is the lone dumbass trying to lead everyone in a rally while failing miserably. 

Kaos will be proud.   
Just like a woman to look a little too deep into meanings.  Btw, it was in reference to the part about us not "being half naked barbarians running wild in the (skreets)".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »
Just like a woman to look a little too deep into meanings.  Btw, it was in reference to the part about us not "being half naked barbarians running wild in the (skreets)".

I got it.  It was funny. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »
I manage people at teh Wal-marts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:13 AM »
I manage people at teh Wal-marts.
I spit at your employees of Walmarks...they're beneath me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »
We're not half naked barbarians running wild in the streets. 

Well, you can go ahead and scratch me off the list of attendees at the next X function, then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:17 AM »
Pah - phuking - thetic. 

That is all.

You remind me of the Ron White joke where he talks about being on the high school debate team.

"Oh yeah!  Well fuck you!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »
I still think that the gesture made by the bammers was a good thing to do.  I would have done the same had the situation been reversed.  JR is the only one of you so far who has stated a legit reason for not wanting the bammers to contribute to the reclamation effort - he thinks they will try and claim some sort of pride of ownership someday for helping replace the trees.  I disagree, but at least it is a rational point to make. 

The tide for Toomer's, and them donating money and crap sickens me as well.  The only reason they are doing it is to save face.  They don't care about the Oaks.  All they care about is that someone, who from my experience, represents a good portion of their base, made them look like douchebags all over the nation and they want that perception fixed and gone.

There is more than one way to fight a war against them without blowing up denny chimes (which I still wouldn't shed a tear and would snicker if it happened).  Things like Uncle Sani said in the thread about the reporter from Florence.  Don't shop with their sponsors and let the sponsors know why.  If they lose enough customer base over, you can bet they will have something to say to the editor.   I'm not saying go punch every cousin fucker you see in the nuts, but yes, do fight back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 09:14:55 AM »
You remind me of the Ron White joke where he talks about being on the high school debate team.

Sometimes an erudite response just isn't called for.   This was one of those cases. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »

Actually, I thought Kevins response was completely accurate. Pathetic. Summed it up well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »
There is more than one way to fight a war against them without blowing up denny chimes (which I still wouldn't shed a tear and would snicker if it happened).  Things like Uncle Sani said in the thread about the reporter from Florence.  Don't shop with their sponsors and let the sponsors know why.  If they lose enough customer base over, you can bet they will have something to say to the editor.   I'm not saying go punch every cousin fucker you see in the nuts, but yes, do fight back.

I believe this is my clearly established position. 

Too bad it's drowned out by the wailing and moaning of a few. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:37 AM »
I believe this is my clearly established position. 

Too bad it's drowned out by the wailing and moaning of a few.

The true sheople who want to bend over and take another broom in the Ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »
The true sheople who want to bend over and take another broom in the Ass.
That's kinky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Token

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »

You know, I may have underestimated you. 

You've taken a quote from one of Kaos' most hated actors and applied to one his post.  You managed to somehow lure Kaos out in the public to give you a slap on the back for comparing him to someone he detests.  Then, as if that wasn't enough, you referenced his post again, but changed his phrase from streets to skreets. 

Am I the only one who sees this brilliance?  Am I the only one who's read the numerous jabs by Kaos at Will Ferrell and "skreets"?  Am I the only one who sees this connection?  Am I in the twilight zone?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »

You've taken a quote from one of Kaos' most hated actors and applied to one his post.  You managed to somehow lure Kaos out in the public to give you a slap on the back for comparing him to someone he detests.  Then, as if that wasn't enough, you referenced his post again, but changed his phrase from streets to skreets. 

Am I the only one who sees this brilliance?  Am I the only one who's read the numerous jabs by Kaos at Will Ferrell and "skreets"?  Am I the only one who sees this connection?  Am I in the twilight zone?

Yes....yes.....probably.....aaaannnd...good possibility.  Strange times indeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 02:08:28 PM »

Let me 'splain something to you before I send the coded message out to the guerilla fighters to let them know you're fair game again and not on the protected list. 

Prowler and I may fight like dogs over things internal.  I might call him a dirty sumbitch.  It's internal.  At the end of the day I still know his heart's in the right place.  Same with Chizad, Chopper and almost everybody else I've crossed swords witth.  We've disagreed over internal things, things inside the family. 

Something outside, though?  We're on the same page.  Most of us are, anyway. 

Yeah, I hate Will Ferrell.  They should put him and Nicholas Cage and John Travolta in a boiling vat of acid if they ever try to do another movie.  Cage and Travolta can at least be excused for Raising Arizona/Valley Girl and Saturday Night Fever/Pulp Fiction respectively.  Ferrell.... well.... he can go back to SNL.  Short doses are all he's good for.  Can't sustain the long haul.

But that doesn't matter.  I understand that Prowler thinks Ferrell is funny and that he likes to pretend he roams the skreets.  If our institutions weren't under attack maybe I'd devote the time to dissecting those things.  But this is war.  In war?  Prowler's my brother.  He's out of ammo?  I'm going to share mine with him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions