Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"Remembering the Toomers Oaks" thread

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: "Saving the Toomers Oaks" tracking thread
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »
I'd take the trees to live and Updick to get less charges or even freed. This guy is super stupid anyways and is bound to get run over by a garbage truck at some point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »
Saw the headline this morning and had to do a double take at it. Good news.

Would be some shit if they made it eh?

I wonder if the real easy winter helped out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
I'd take the trees to live and Updork to get less charges or even freed. This guy is super stupid anyways and is bound to get run over by a garbage truck at some point.

What an oddly specific threat.  You don't happen to have family in the waste disposal business in Lee County do you?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
What an oddly specific threat.  You don't happen to have family in the waste disposal business in Lee County do you?

No, but shit happens
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
I'd take the trees to live and Updick to get less charges or even freed. This guy is super stupid anyways and is bound to get run over by a garbage truck at some point.

... and then I'm sure the driver of the garbage truck would back up, just to verify if he hit something on accident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
The Lee Co. DA's father is a lawyer I deal with on occasion.  He says it won't matter if the trees live, they are still going forward.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
The Lee Co. DA's father is a lawyer I deal with on occasion.  He says it won't matter if the trees live, they are still going forward.

I figured "intent" would apply here.  I know criminal mischief and theft are apples and oranges, but we charged a guy with theft 1st last week because he stacked a shit ton of property next to the front door in the residence.  He was about to make entry back into the residence to retrieve the property when a family member of the home owner pulled into the residence and scared him off. 

Again, I know the charges are world's apart, but intent is all the same.  Harvey very well intended to kill the trees and admitted his intention.  I'd be shocked if he isn't convicted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
I figured "intent" would apply here.  I know criminal mischief and theft are apples and oranges, but we charged a guy with theft 1st last week because he stacked a shit ton of property next to the front door in the residence.  He was about to make entry back into the residence to retrieve the property when a family member of the home owner pulled into the residence and scared him off. 

Again, I know the charges are world's apart, but intent is all the same.  Harvey very well intended to kill the trees and admitted his intention.  I'd be shocked if he isn't convicted.

That, and I don't guess you have to prove he killed them to prove he damaged them.  If I key your car, you can still drive it with the damage, or get it fixed.   Auburn has spend a shit ton of money "fixing" the trees. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
Can someone else verify the ocm.auburn.edu link for the oaks update is no longer available. I can't seem to connect to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Can someone else verify the ocm.auburn.edu link for the oaks update is no longer available. I can't seem to connect to it.

Taken down because of the gag order with the Updyke trial. Stupid that it applies to the health of the trees as well imo.

The media gag order on persons involved in the Harvey Updyke case apparently extends all the way to the oaks caretakers themselves. No more roller coaster status reports. No more canopy rides. No more “come check out the Toomer’s tomato…”
Auburn University’s official Toomer’s Oaks updates page has even been taken down.
Meanwhile rumors on the oaks condition—and the condition of their possible replacements—continue to circulate.
The gag order is expected to stay in effect throughout Updyke’s trial, which resumes October 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
Taken down because of the gag order with the Updyke trial. Stupid that it applies to the health of the trees as well imo.

Wow, how fucking retarded. 

Thanks for the info by the way.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »
Damn, that is disgusting to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »

I'm stealing this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
Damn, that is disgusting to see.

Instead of practice today they should have had the players come and watch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 04:40:30 PM »
That picture would hurt my stomach a little less if Updyke's dessciated, crow picked, toilet papered, drawn and quartered corpse was hanging from one of those branches...

I hope he gets cornholed on an hourly basis in prison. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
I was there this past Saturday and it looks like there's maybe 20% growth left on both trees.  Just F'd up!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »
Before and after pictures.....I'm so fucking pissed off.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:36:47 PM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.