Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A List of "Isolated Incidents"

Re: A List of "Isolated Incidents"
« Reply #680 on: April 01, 2014, 05:45:19 PM »
http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/04/who_is_greg_wren_plea_agreemen.html
Might end up getting Hubbard but so far Wren is the only with a rap sheet resulting from this mess.

Montgomery Republican Greg Wren's four-term career as a state legislator has come to an end after he agreed to plead guilty to using his office for personal gain and to pay $24,000 restitution.

Wren had served in the Alabama Legislature since 1994, leaving office once between 2002 and 2006. In January, Wren announced he would not seek a fifth term.

"Humbled by the trust and confidence placed in me by the voters over eight primary and general elections during my sixteen-year career, I stand and offer my hands and heart of gratitude for the blessings of serving my constituents and the State of Alabama," Wren said in a statement at the time.

Wren's legislative positions have included chairman of the Joint Legislative Medicaid Committee. He was also named chairman of the National Conference of State Legislatures Task Force on Federal Health Reform Implementation.

According to a biography found on his website, Wren has a degree in Public Administration from the University of Alabama and owns Wren and Associates with "areas of expertise including advocacy efforts in areas such as insurance and financial services, health care, tax and fiscal policy, and military issues." He is also a Chartered Financial Consultant and has been a financial representative with Northwestern Mutual Financial Network more than 30 years.

From 1977-1981, Wren served as a Legislative Analyst for the Legislative Fiscal Office, staff assistant to the United State Senate, and served as Governmental Affairs Director for the Alabama Association of REALTORS.

He is a member of the boards of directors at Montgomery YMCA Metro,  Alabama YMCA Youth Legislature, Family Guidance Center, and YMCA Camp Chandler; is on the advisory board for Auburn University at Montgomery; has served First Baptist Church of Montgomery as part of its Disaster Relief and Resource Center Team, as chairman of deacons and a Sunday School teacher for over 25 years; and he has been recognized as the Montgomery YMCA Man of the Year."

As a legislator, Wren for years pushed for a rainy-day fund. Alabama voters in 2002 decided by a 2-1 margin to create the $250 million "rainy day fund" for the state education budget as part of a bill Wren sponsored.

"It's long overdue because we are one of the last states that does not have a reserve fund for either of its two state budgets. Historically, we have been shortsighted about setting aside money," Wren said at the time.

In 2007, Wren had announced plans to run for the Congressional seat vacated by the retirement of U.S. Rep. Terry Everett, R-Rehobeth, who had held the seat since 1992. A year later, however, Wren said he would not run for that seat and instead focus on his work as a legislator.

Other bills Wren sponsored would have placed the Ten Commandments in classrooms (as long as they were posted along with other historic documents); would issue a blanket guarantee that all benefits payable under that contracts through the state's struggling prepaid college tuition program would be honored by the state; and would have created an internet sales tax.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #681 on: April 01, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
He goes to Auburn games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #682 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
I'm going to say Skeeter Benford is a corndog.
What makes you say that? Skreets?

First of all, what do you suppose the gump to corndog ratio is in Morgan, AL?

Second, why would he be wearing a t-shirt of a championship game they lost? How often do you wear your FSU-Auburn BCS shirt? Now what if it was complete embarrassment of an assrape like the one LSU received in the game commemorated in that shirt?

Third:
https://twitter.com/S_benford10/status/289135044423987200
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:07:52 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #683 on: April 01, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »

Second, why would he be wearing a t-shirt of a championship game they lost? How often do you wear your FSU-Auburn BCS shirt? Now what if it was complete embarrassment of an assrape like the one LSU received in the game commemorated in that shirt?

Third:

Well, my opinion is based on Skeeter alone. Obviously if he was a corndogger, it would have been spelled Skeedeaux.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:08:14 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #684 on: April 01, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »

Third:

Fourth:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:08:32 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #685 on: April 02, 2014, 09:20:03 AM »
Fourth:

But how do we know he wasn't just wearing that shirt to trick the fish into thinking they had the mental edge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #686 on: April 02, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »
My Exhibit "Third" was the wrong link. Was posting from my phone.

Corrected now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #688 on: April 02, 2014, 02:06:58 PM »
Tenpenney just changed his name to Dimebag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #689 on: April 02, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
Tenpenney just changed his name to Dimebag.
How many "hasn't been on the roster since the Sugar Bowl" does uat have? I'd say 7 more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #690 on: April 02, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »
Skeeter Tenpenny would be a good gang member name
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #691 on: April 03, 2014, 12:25:10 AM »
I think you nailed it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #692 on: April 03, 2014, 08:06:45 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #693 on: April 03, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »

He'd get his ass kicked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #694 on: April 03, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #699 on: April 04, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
DAMN, they got some ugly fans.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'