Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A List of "Isolated Incidents"

Re: A List of "Isolated Incidents"
« Reply #580 on: January 22, 2014, 05:56:21 AM »
Obvious rookie mistake - by the arresting officer
The cop obviously doesn't know the process.  Absolutely no player will be arrest-able until completing his first fall or spring practice after arriving on campus.

Now a cell phone video of a cell phone video of the incident has been released proving the police acted stupidly.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/01/witnesses_say_police_the_aggre.html
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Alabama cornerback Tony Brown was pepper sprayed, arrested then charged with failure to obey and resisting arrest Saturday night at an off-campus party.

That was the Tuscaloosa Police Department's account, according to a press release Sunday night.

Multiple eyewitnesses, however, have told AL.com the news release was filled with inaccuracies or fabrications. One witness told AL.com an unidentified officer pointed a gun at Brown and others during the encounter.

Multiple attempts by AL.com to obtain or view an arrest report and any other public documents linked to the incident were rejected by Tuscaloosa police. Sgt. Brent Blankley said Tuesday the press release would be the only comment from the department.

Jaison Davis, 23 from Atlanta, said Brown was never threatening to the two police officers, who responded to a noise complaint at Campus Way, an off-campus student apartment complex. The party was attended by mostly Alabama track and field team members, Davis and other witnesses said.

Police ordered Brown, also a member of the track team, and other witnesses to disperse in the parking lot. The officers could not be identified without arrest reports, which police would not release to AL.com and other news outlets. Blankley refused to name the officers.

According to the press release, Brown "would walk a few steps away and then would walk right back towards officers. The officers warned the individual that if he did not leave the parking lot he would be arrested. The individual yelled threatening profanity at the officer and stepped toward the officers again."

That's not true, said Davis and fellow Campus Way resident Richard Sharper.

They say Brown and a few other guests turned to leave immediately after officers pulled out the pepper spray. Brown walked approximately 30-40 yards to his car with an officer following behind, they said. The officer walked beside Brown and pepper sprayed Brown in the face as the athlete was complying with the command to leave, said Davis who only briefly met Brown before Saturday night..

"The police officer kept heckling him in his ear walking behind him," said Sharper, a 19-year-old Alabama student from Tuscaloosa.

Davis and Sharper said they never saw Brown say anything or make any threatening move to provoke the pepper spray.

Brown immediately fell to the ground in a fetal position, Davis said, as the officer pulled his gun. The crowd, which had been relatively calm to that point, was more tense after the pepper spray was used and when the gun came out, Davis said.

Sharper said everyone moved away fast when they saw the gun.

"I was like 'whoa, he's going crazy,'" Sharper said.

The officer then approached Davis, and instructed him to leave. In video provided by Davis, he can be heard yelling at the officer he said sprayed Brown. Davis argued he had a right to stay at the scene because he lived in the complex.

"I'm going to say it now," the unidentified officer tells Davis on the video. "Walk away now."

Davis said he raised his arm to shield his eyes expecting to get the pepper spray and cut the video off a few seconds later.

Click here for the video (Warning: adult language)

David Thomas, 20 of Tuscaloosa, shares an apartment with Sharper which faces the parking lot where the confrontation took place. The Alabama student said the police officer appeared to become more aggressive when witnesses pulled out camera phones to capture video of the encounter.

Davis said there's at least five other videos out there that paint a much different picture than what police presented, though AL.com has not been able to obtain those.

Davis came forward to dispute accounts based solely on the police statement. Blankley said the police would not comment on claims their account of the situation was not accurate.

"We've already sent our statement of what happened," Blankley said. "That was the accounts given to us by the officers."

Attempts by AL.com to speak with Brown and other track athletes, who Davis and others say were at the scene, were unsuccessful through a request with Alabama's Athletics Communications.

Alabama football coach Nick Saban said he's spoken with Brown and he's doing fine.

"Look, some people are in the wrong place at the wrong time," Saban said in Mobile on Tuesday afternoon. "Some people don't make good decisions about what they do, what they say. Tony Brown's a fine young man, we're glad to have him in the program. We'll certainly try to use this as a learning experience for him.

"The punishment he receives will be so that he learns not to do something like this in a disrespectful way to somebody in a position of authority who is there to protect us all, which is our police. We're going to get him to learn from this."

Davis wants the record set straight.

"Everything that's on the Internet, that is a complete lie because it makes it seem like Tony was just totally insubordinate and straight ignoring every instruction by the police officers," Davis said. "And that wasn't the case at all."

Davis and other witnesses said the crowd was much smaller than the estimate of 40 listed in the news release. It was close to half that size, he said.

AL.com reporter Andrew Gribble contributed to this report from Mobile.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #581 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:55 AM »
The video starts with some girl calling them a (something) ass cracker.

Hard to tell from the video exactly what's going on, really, except that the guy filming said the officer had a gun out (which we can't really see) and they told him to go inside.

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #582 on: January 22, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »
The video starts with some girl calling them a (something) ass cracker.

Hard to tell from the video exactly what's going on, really, except that the guy filming said the officer had a gun out (which we can't really see) and they told him to go inside.

:popcorn:

I couldn't make a hell of a lot out of it either but my question is why the fuck would you keep doing the same shit if the popo had told you to take your ass inside? 
Seems like that is the easy way to not get arrested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »
I couldn't make a hell of a lot out of it either but my question is why the fuck would you keep doing the same shit if the popo had told you to take your ass inside? 
Seems like that is the easy way to not get arrested.

Money^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #584 on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:34 PM »
Not the clearest picture but I'm calling bammer on this one.

A strange crime in Saraland has the attention of police.  Take a look at this man.  Police say he's wanted for questioning in the theft of hundreds of dollars worth of clothing at a Laundromat on the night of December 30th. 

A victim says much what was taken was heavy protective gear for welding and machine work.  Replacement costs were around $300.  The man police want identified is seen wearing a hat and sweatshirt.  If you have any information you're asked to call Saraland Police at 251-675-5331

http://www.wkrg.com/story/24539771/a-possible-thief-of-threads-in-saraland

BTW, if you want to know what Jake from State Farm sounds like follow the link and watch the video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #585 on: January 28, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
Temp link: http://97.82.20.116/Arrests.aspx?ImageID=51387

Johnny Jordan

Race:   White
Sex:   Male
5' 11" 230 lbs
THEFT OF PROP 1ST DEGREE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #586 on: January 28, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »
http://www.franklinsheriff.org/roster_view.php?booking_num=140128261

Booking #:   140128261
Race:   WHITE
Address:   RUSSELLVILLE, AL
Arresting Agency:   FCSD
Booking Date:   01-27-2014
Charges:   
FTA: DRUG TRAFFICKING; FTA: POSSESSION CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE; FTA: CARRYING PISTOL UNLAWFULLY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #588 on: January 30, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »
I don't know what this guy did but if Morgan county is dumping off to Cullman County it can't be good.
http://97.82.20.116/Arrests.aspx?ImageID=67484
John Caldwell

Race:   White
Sex:   Male
6' 00" 185 lbs
TRANSIT FOR CULLMAN COUNTY, M

Disclaimer:  The individuals depicted have been arrested but not convicted at the time of this posting.   This information does not infer or imply guilt of any actions or activity other than their arrest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #590 on: January 31, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »

http://www.brewtonstandard.com/2011/02/09/brewton-man-charged-in-credit-card-theft/
Brewton man charged in credit card theft
Published 2:20am Wednesday, February 9, 2011
      Comments

A Brewton man was arrested Saturday and charged with illegal use and possession of a credit card after police tied him to surveillance video.

On Feb. 2, officers received a report of illegal use of a stolen credit card, which had been used in various locations in the Brewton area.

“The victim had reported their credit card stolen and advised that one of the places it was used was at Walmart in Brewton,” said Sgt. Steven Ferguson. “After looking into the matter, officers were able to obtain surveillance video of the stolen credit card being used.”

The video showed a white male and white female, he said.

Officers identified the man as Greg Hunter Crutchfield, who was arrested Saturday and charged with illegal possession and use of a credit card.

“It is believed that the white female in the video was not involved in the crime and had no knowledge that the card used was stolen,” Ferguson said.

http://www.justmugshots.com/alabama/bay-minette/3318945
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
Wonder what was cropped out of this pic?
http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/02/tuscaloosa_man_charged_with_at.html#incart_river_default
Tuscaloosa man charged with attempted murder for fighting in club, ramming victim's car
February 11, 2014 at 11:37 AM

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- A Tuscaloosa man is in jail facing charges of attempted murder for allegedly attacking a man and woman in the city early Sunday morning.
Sgt. Dale Phillips, the commander of the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit, said a 28-year-old woman and 31-year-old man were at a local club at 4:25 a.m. Sunday to celebrate the birthday of a family member.

While they were there, 31-year-old Ashley Wade Holcomb came into the bar and started a fight with them. Phillips said the victims left in a vehicle, but were followed by Holcomb, who rammed their car from behind repeatedly until his own vehicle was disabled mile after the first contact.

Phillips said the man and woman Holcomb targeted were checked out by emergency responders, but neither was injured. Holcomb was arrested Monday on two counts of attempted murder and booked in the Tuscaloosa County Jail pending a $120,000 bond.

Phillips classified the incident as domestic violence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:28 AM »
Some unidentified Auburn fans hurls insults, via Twitter, Facebook or on TigerX and other message boards, at Rashaan Evans, a LB that's going to uat.

The HORROR!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #596 on: February 14, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
And then a hero comes along...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #597 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »

Joe Willie is looking rough these days
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »
Sexual abuse of a 12 year old female
SEXUAL ABUSE OF A 4 YEAR OLD FEMALE!

Holy shit...

I pray that doesn't happen to my girls because there would be a dead mother fucker somewhere and I would be in prison...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions