« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: A List of "Isolated Incidents"
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »
http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/02/06/4597756/alabama-fan-guilty-in-tailgating.html

Alabama fan guilty in tailgating USC football fan death gets 5 years

COLUMBIA — Curtis Simms, an Alabama football fan involved in an ill-fated confrontation with a University of South Carolina fan after a 2010 game, will spend the next five years in state prison.

Judge Diane Goodstein on Tuesday sentenced the 27-year-old Columbia man to 10 years in prison – suspended to five years. A half-hour earlier, a Richland County jury found Simms guilty of breach of peace of a high and aggravated nature – a seldom-used common law charge that carries a maximum sentence of 10 years.

“I want to apologize to Mr. and Mrs. Gasque for the loss of their son,” Simms said, sobbing so much he could hardly speak just before sentencing, as he turned and faced the family of Allen Martin Gasque, 20, of Marion. Gasque was run over and crushed by a pickup after Simms punched him in the face in a tailgating area near Columbia’s Williams-Brice Stadium not long after an Alabama-South Carolina football game.

Also weeping was Regina Gasque, the dead youth’s mother, who asked the judge before sentencing to give Simms the maximum punishment.

“Martin left our house Friday night, so excited about going to one of most exciting football games in Columbia,” Gasque said, as her husband of 31 years, Rusty, wept in the courtroom along with 15 or so relatives and friends of their family. “Before he left, he slid on into my bed, smiled that grin of his, and acted like he had all the time in the world for his mom.

“He told me and his dad that he loved us, and he walked out the door. Martin and I were texting all the next day, all during the game. Then the phone rings, and a deputy is telling me Martin has been in an accident. ... I knew it wasn’t good.”

Gasque recounted her son’s attributes – the joy he brought the family, his excellence at baseball on the Coker College team, his zest for go-karts, his future as a teacher – and “how he had the most precious smile you can imagine. ... His face will never light up our house again, or our hearts.

“We as parents now cry every day,” she said. “We as parents have to go to the cemetery to be with our child. All his hopes and dreams are gone, and our hopes and dreams for him are also gone. The breath has been taken from us.”

Simms’ apology was his first statement during the six-day trial. He did not take the stand in his own defense.

In a victory for Simms, the jury – which deliberated almost six hours over two days – found him not guilty of involuntary manslaughter. That charge carries a five-year maximum sentence and would have meant Simms bears legal responsibility for Gasque’s death.

If Simms had been found guilty of both charges, Goodstein could have sentenced him to a total of 15 years.

Football fans clash

The trial, in which more than 20 witnesses testified, opened a window into the tailgating world of fan mania and excessive drinking by some tailgaters who never go inside the stadium to watch the game.

Undisputed trial evidence stated that both Gasque and Simms tailgated with friends in separate areas and drank alcohol liberally on Oct. 9, 2010, when underdog USC beat then-No. 1-ranked Alabama. The two men did not know each other before their 30-second chance meeting.

According to his autopsy, Gasque had a 0.23 blood alcohol content – three times what is legal evidence for impairment. In a statement to police shortly after Gasque’s death, Simms admitted to drinking between 10 and 15 beers and three liquor-laced Jell-O shots that day.

According to testimony, Gasque was a passenger in a four-door pickup with oversized tires driven by a friend, Adam Paxton. As they drove along Shop Road in highly congested vehicle and foot traffic just after the game, Gasque was calling out his window, razzing Alabama fans and cheering with USC fans.

While stopped in traffic near The Gates condominiums, a block or so from the State Fairgrounds, Gasque exchanged words with Simms, a passenger in another four-door pickup that was trying to move into the traffic flowing along Shop Road. Simms got out of his pickup, wearing a red Alabama shirt and an Alabama baseball hat.

More than 10 witnesses gave slightly different versions of what happened next. Some said Gasque exited his pickup to face Simms, who is 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 285 pounds. Gasque was 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed 168 pounds. Others said Gasque stayed in his pickup.

But nearly all witnesses agreed that Simms hit Gasque, first either inside or outside the vehicle, either once or several times, and all agreed that Gasque didn’t try to hit Simms. Once hit, Gasque collapsed to the roadside, apparently unconscious and rolled under the pickup his friend was driving.

Paxton, then 20, decided to turn his car wheel right and drive off Shop Road. As Paxton did so, moving slowly, his oversized right rear wheel went over Gasque’s chest and head. Gasque died quickly.

‘We won’t tolerate this’

During the trial, Simms’ defense lawyers said Paxton – not Simms – was to blame for Gasque’s death since he should have not veered off Shop Road without making sure where Gasque was.

Defense lawyer Johnny Gasser also portrayed the death as a freak accident and told the jury that if Paxton didn’t foresee that his pickup might kill Gasque that night, then how could Simms?

Prosecutor Luck Campbell – assisted by prosecutors Joanna McDuffie and Meghan Walker – argued that without Simms’ punch, Gasque would still be alive. Campbell also reminded the jury that immediately after Gasque was crushed, Simms fled the scene, peeling off his Alabama shirt and hat. However, Simms did return to the scene within a minute or so and tell an officer that he had been involved in the death.

Campbell repeatedly stressed how much bigger Simms was than Gasque.

“This wasn’t a fight – this was an assault,” she said.

Fifth Circuit Solicitor Dan Johnson said late Tuesday he would not question the jury’s decision to acquit Simms on involuntary manslaughter.

“But we made the appropriate decision to bring that charge,” Johnson said. He said the judge’s five-year prison sentence on the breach of peace charge “sends a message that we won’t tolerate this kind of thing.”

Gasser, meanwhile, said “our primary goal” was to get Simms acquitted of the manslaughter charge.

“Curtis never felt he was legally responsible and accountable for Gasque’s death,” Gasser said.

Simms’ prison time will be followed by a three-year probation period. During the probation period, he has to complete substance abuse and anger management counseling.

According to the S.C. Department of Corrections, Simms may be eligible for early release in about three years, depending on his behavior in prison and work credits he compiles. Defense attorney Gregg Harris had asked for probation, stressing Simms’ good work ethic, good job prospect and lack of a criminal record.

“There are no winners in this,” Gasser told reporters

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2013, 09:36:39 PM »

ATHENS, Ala. (WHNT) –Athens Police have arrested a man after confiscating 80 crack cocaine rocks from his home. Investigators say they went to 301 Bridgeforth Street Saturday night with a warrant to search the home. They say they found the drugs with a street value of $1700. They arrested Clifford Wayne Gill, 52, today and charged him with Unlawful Possession of Cocaine with intent to distribute, Unlawful possession of a controlled Substance and Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.

http://whnt.com/2013/02/18/athens-police-arrest-man-on-cocaine-charges/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/02/74_charged_today_in_drug_arres.html#incart_river_default

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Seventy-four people, a majority of them University of Alabama students, were arrested today in Tuscaloosa during a West Alabama Narcotics Task Force roundup.

The 183 charges for the 71 men and 3 women include sale of controlled substance, sale of marijuana, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The majority of the charges were for marijuana, but police also drugs including found cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, mushrooms and prescription pills, said Tuscaloosa Police Chief Steve Anderson. Several guns and thousands of dollars were seized as search and arrest warrants were executed today.

Warrants were executed by the task force beginning at 4 a.m. with assistance from the Tuscaloosa County Sherriff’s Office, the Tuscaloosa Police Department, the Northport Police Department, the University of Alabama Police Department and the U.S. Marshal task force.

Many of the arrests were made on the University of Alabama campus, with several arrests in UA dorms, Anderson said. The arrests come after a two-month long investigation, Anderson said.

Fifteen additional arrests were made in January and this month before today's arrests. Confidential informants were used to make purchases during the investigation, Anderson said.

Anderson said the department hoped the arrests would bring drug arrests down and would send a message to anyone that the TPD will not tolerate drug sales.

The roundup shows the dedication of new leadership in the narcotics task force, Anderson said

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
8 among 80 goes unnoticed.

Well played Nick.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
We do what we do!

We may have the Fulmer Cup locked down, never mind that none of those guys are football players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
The story this morning on Fox6 said the bust started out with around 12 arrests. Once in custody, these motherfuckers starting squealing like pigs, and the number jumped to 80 very quickly over a short period of time.

There's no honor among aspiring horticulturists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »

Looks like something a 6th grader doodled in an art class he wound up failing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »

AJ McCarron really needs to stop before he's covered with inbred nation and Jesus tattoos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »
Fuck you guys, that's clearly Cam Newton's back.  Someone paid him money to get that tattoo, Pawwlll.  My neighbor's cousin's sister's brother-in-law twice removed is a janitor for the Carolina Panthers.  That's why the Charlotte website's URL is www.charlottesgotalot.com.  'Cause they got lots of dough for thugs, Pawwlll.

I'll hang up and lissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »

What a fucking douchebag.  I really hope he didn't pay for that shitty tat  :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »

At least his prison fuck buddy will have something to aim at when he pulls out. Unless his mullet is in the way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »
In all fairness, it is a pretty accurate depiction of Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2013, 11:41:17 AM »
In all fairness, it is a pretty accurate depiction of Saban.

Meh, looks too tall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
What a fucking douchebag.  I really hope he didn't pay for that shitty tat  :sad:

Probably traded some meth and Marlboros for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2013, 05:49:09 AM »

:rofl: :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions