Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A List of "Isolated Incidents"

Re: A List of "Isolated Incidents"
« Reply #1020 on: February 16, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/02/former_university_of_alabama_f.html#incart_river_home

Alabama football standout arrested on drug, gun charges in Jefferson County

Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 16, 2016 at 5:41 PM, updated February 16, 2016 at 8:10 PM

shares
Alonzo Ephraim.PNG
Alonzo Ephraim
Pleasant Grove Police

Former University of Alabama and NFL football player Alonzo Ephraim was arrested on drug and gun charges in Jefferson County.

Ephraim, 34, was stopped Monday night on a traffic violation in Pleasant Grove. Lt. Danny Reid said officers smelled a strong odor of marijuana and questioned the former All – SEC player. He was cooperative and admitted there was Ecstasy, or Molly, in the vehicle, as well as a small amount of marijuana. Reid said Ephraim was also in possession of a pistol for which he did not have permit.

Reid said they will obtain formal warrants against Ephraim on Wednesday for unlawful possession of a controlled substance, a felony, as well as possession of marijuana and carrying a pistol without a license, both misdemeanors. He remained in the Pleasant Grove Jail Tuesday evening.

Ephraim has previous arrests in Jefferson County. He was charged in 2010 with possession of marijuana, and that charge was dismissed with conditions. He was charged with second-degree assault in 2011, but that charge was also dismissed.

The Wenonah High School graduate played football at the University of Alabama, and started as an offensive lineman his junior and senior years. After graduating from Alabama, he signed as an undrafted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles.

After his release from that team in 2005, he signed with the Miami Dolphins where he played one season. In 2006, he signed with the Cleveland Browns but was suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He was then waived after that suspension.

Ephraim now lives in Pleasant Grove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1022 on: February 21, 2016, 08:54:15 PM »
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/alleged-duluth-bank-robber-and-alabama-fan-caught-/nqTkT/

Roll … Tide?

A few minutes before 6 p.m. Saturday, a man wearing a University of Alabama hat walked into the Publix store at Old Peachtree Road and Buford Highway in Duluth. He approached the counter at the SunTrust Bank inside, Duluth police said, and asked to “withdraw a large sum of money.”

The teller asked for a withdrawal slip and an ID.

“The offender presented a grey Bank of America bank bag and a pre-written note requesting money or the teller would be shot,” Detective Charles Hamrick said in an emailed statement. “When the teller hesitated, the male gestured to his waist with his right hand, indicating that he had a firearm.”

The man — who is also believed to have robbed a Woodstock bank on Feb. 13 — fled. But the encounter was captured in crystal clear surveillance photos.

Anyone with information on the man’s identity is asked to contact Hamrick at 678-512-3726.

Props to the AJC for using the updyke mating call in the article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/woman_caught_on_tape_robbing_m.html#incart_river_home

Mobile Police are asking for public assistance in identifying a woman who robbed a hotel with a large knife.

According to police officials the incident occurred Sunday just after 10 a.m. at Baymont Inn & Suites on 930 West I-65 Service Road.

Surveillance video shows a woman wielding a long bladed instrument, reaching over the counter in the hotel lobby, demanding cash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #1024 on: March 31, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »
Updyke U is tangled up with governor Bentley's non physical :rolleyes: extramarital relationship debacle.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/bentley_scandal_jon_mason_refu.html#incart_m-rpt-2
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #1027 on: April 11, 2016, 06:18:11 PM »
http://abc13.com/news/jury-selection-begins-in-georgia-hot-car-death-case/1286359/
Surely his lawyer is vying for as many fellow bammers as they can find to ensure an acquittal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #1028 on: April 12, 2016, 10:07:57 AM »
Surely his lawyer is vying for as many fellow bammers as they can find to ensure an acquittal.

So the trail is going to be at the welfare office?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #1029 on: April 15, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/04/woman_pleads_guilty_to_shootin.html#incart_river_home

A 31-year-old Fairfield woman pleaded guilty Friday to manslaughter in the shooting death of another woman at a 2013 Iron Bowl party in Hoover.

Adrian Laroze Briskey had been set to go on trial Monday on a charge of murder. But she pleaded guilty to the lesser charge in a "best interest plea" with the Shelby County District Attorney's Office. In a best interest plea a defendant enters a guilty plea but does not admit guilt.

Shelby County Circuit Court Judge Corey Moore set Briskey's sentencing for June 20.

Briskey was charged in the shooting death of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd, a mother of three and case worker for at risk youth and young parents. The shooting happened about 7 p.m. Saturday Nov. 30, 2013 at the Summerchase at Riverchase apartments. Shepherd was pronounced dead on the scene.

Police said deadly argument at Iron Bowl party in Hoover left one Alabama fan dead, another in custody
Police said deadly argument at Iron Bowl party in Hoover left one Alabama fan dead, another in custody
The two women didn't know each other prior to the party, but police said they aren't sure what led to the fight.

Briskey, who does not have any prior adult felony convictions, will be sentenced within Alabama's Voluntary Sentencing Standards, which calls for a sentence of between six and a half years to 14 years and four months, according to her plea deal. The Shelby County District Attorney's Office will recommend the highest sentence in that range, according to the plea deal.

"That plea agreement came after long and hard negotiations," Briskey's attorney, John Robbins said. "Both sides can live with the negotiated plea to manslaughter."

"Both sides made the correct decision... We are going to have a long hard fight for the appropriate sentence," Robbins said. "Hopefully we can put this to rest."

The case has generated publicity with the label "Iron Bowl killing" but the shooting had nothing to do with the game, Robbins said. "The outcome of that game had nothing to do with this case. Absolutely."

Michelle Shepherd.jpg
Michelle Shepherd
(Special to AL.com)
Robbins, however, declined to say what the argument did stem from between the two women.

Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis said at the time that Shepherd and Briskey, both Alabama fans,got into an argument shortly after the game ended. The argument started inside the apartment, and spilled over into the parking lot. Derzis said the argument turned physical and both women ended up on the ground.

'I heard her take her last breath and I knew she was gone,' says sister of woman shot at Iron Bowl party in Hoover
'I heard her take her last breath and I knew she was gone,' says sister of woman shot at Iron Bowl party in Hoover
Neketa Shepherd said a woman upset over Alabama's loss shot her sister three times.

Briskey pulled a small caliber handgun and shot the other. Derzis said the two women didn't know each other.

The victim's sister provided an account of what led to the shooting. Neketa Shepherd said her sister was an Alabama fan, but even more than Alabama, she loved The Miami Heat. After the game ended, she and her sister were joking around, not about Alabama's loss, but about the Miami Heat. Briskey, Neketa Shepherd said, apparently took their joking the wrong way and became mad that they weren't more upset over Alabama's loss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #1030 on: April 19, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #1031 on: April 22, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #1032 on: April 23, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »

You forgot the 40-something mom fighting with those Choklahoma bros in the Superdome - Daniel Moore is painting it, titled "Ho Over the Top"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1033 on: April 23, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #1034 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:58 AM »

http://www.waff.com/story/32010280/police-searching-for-3-people-who-used-stolen-credit-card
Teamwork is normally a good thing but not when criminals use teamwork to steal from others.

The three criminals are seen walking into the Walgreens on Highway 72 in Madison April 13.

The first man is wearing khaki pants, a long sleeve Alabama shirt and Alabama baseball cap. Then there's another man, with black pants, a black shirt and black baseball cap. And a woman wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt.

They're all on the same team here.

According to Madison police, the victim had her credit card stolen in Decatur and this trio was using it in the Madison area, stopping at a Shell Mart, Jet Pep and then Walgreens.

We do get a few looks at this bad group of people entering and exiting with that stolen card.

Do you any idea who any of these three might be? If so, you have a big payday headed your way, and they have their day of justice headed their way.

There's a reward of up to $1,000 waiting for you.

Just make the anonymous call to 256-53-Crime. You can also submit your tips via email or text - click here for more details.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1035 on: July 19, 2016, 02:49:06 PM »
You guys are slipping.

Nothing about the Baton Rouge Cop shooter being a former Alabama Student?

A lone gunman killed three police officers and wounded three others after opening fire at a convenience store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Sunday. The shooter has been identified as Gavin Eugene Long, a black male from Kansas City, Missouri, who just a handful of years ago was a Dean’s List student at the University of Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1036 on: July 19, 2016, 02:52:01 PM »
You guys are slipping.

He just had too much Bama in him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #1037 on: July 19, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
He just had too much Bama in him.

They produce such contributors to society.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #1038 on: July 19, 2016, 03:02:18 PM »
Someone put a Scam Newton jersey on the Bear's statue, so I'll tell you what I did.  I went and blew away a bunch of police officers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #1039 on: July 19, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
You guys are slipping.

But hey!  They have the highest enrollment in the state now!  Ro Ti
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.