Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

SEC Deciding on Fines for Cowbell Violations

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
SEC Deciding on Fines for Cowbell Violations
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
STARKVILLE — Mississippi State will soon find out how much it owes the Southeastern Conference for violating the cowbell compromise.

Fans disobeyed the first-year legislation allowing cowbells to be used during stoppages of play in SEC home games at Scott Field, the SEC revealed in October.  I'm shocked, SHOCKED!! No kidding?  I never would have imagined they woulda done that... Fucking idiots - both the fans and the SEC for allowing that crap.

SEC commissioner Mike Slive is reviewing the violations and a decision on fines is expected to be made this month, SEC spokesman Charles Bloom said Tuesday.

The fine structure penalizes MSU $5,000 for the first offense, $25,000 for the second offense and $50,000 for the third offense.

MSU athletic director Scott Stricklin said he was told by Slive that fans showed "marked improvement" ringing their cowbells in November.

The cowbell legislation, introduced by MSU in June, is expected to be reviewed at the conference's spring meetings with athletic directors and school presidents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions