Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2011 Hyundai Sonata

2011 Hyundai Sonata
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
I just bought one this week.  Loaded up.  I was impressed with it and chose it over a new Camry and Honda Accord. 

Anyone else have a Sonata?  Family?  I'm pretty impressed with how far they've come as far as being a nice car and not just an ultra-budget ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »
I just bought one this week.  Loaded up.  I was impressed with it and chose it over a new Camry and Honda Accord. 

Anyone else have a Sonata?  Family?  I'm pretty impressed with how far they've come as far as being a nice car and not just an ultra-budget ride.
I'm rockin the 06 model.
 :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
I drive a dodge stratus. People are scared of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
My best friend's wife has one.  It's tight. 

I bought a car in October.  First time I've bought used since 1990, but it was the perfect situation. 

FWIW, I bought my truck in October of 2004. 

I've now determined that karma demands that if Auburn has not lost a game by October 1, I must buy a new vehicle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:45:26 AM »

I needed a new car in October '09. I bought a fully loaded '09 Sonata for $20,000. It has everything. Leather, Sunroof, nice sound system, GPS, blue tooth...everything. I really like the car. It gets great gas mileage...almost 30 MPG in the city. Now, I would rather have a fully loaded Audi A8, but for the price, in my best Jim Carey impression....I LIKE IT A LOT...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »
Have thought about looking at them.  I am still currently rocking in the 2000 Frontier.  Can't make myself get rid of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:51 AM »
I needed a new car in October '09. I bought a fully loaded '09 Sonata for $20,000. It has everything. Leather, Sunroof, nice sound system, GPS, blue tooth...everything. I really like the car. It gets great gas mileage...almost 30 MPG in the city. Now, I would rather have a fully loaded Audi A8, but for the price, in my best Jim Carey impression....I LIKE IT A LOT...

Cool.  Sounds like where my head was at.  I just couldn't see myself spending 5-7K more, just to have a Camry or Accord with the same shit in it.  ...and it does get crazy good gas mileage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
Civic demands respect! :civic: :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
My F'd up Expedition is just under 150,000 miles.  Always said I'd drive it til' the wheels fell off because of 2 words.....PAID FOR.  Well, they've started to fall off.  So, over the past few weeks, I've really looked closely at new SUV's, which I need for family and towing purposes.  Oh..my...gawd.  When did the starting price of a basic SUV go to $45,000.00???

So..this week, I've taken inventory of all the stuff that's breaking down on it and I've decided to plunk down $2 or $3 grand getting it fixed up and hopefully the wheels will stay on a couple more years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
The last car I had, I had to convince the Mrs. that it was the car for us.

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Like a cross between sherrif justice and bandit.

I have an 02 exped too. Right at 200k still going strong....and yes, paid for is nice.

Also have an 08 king ranch f150. Gas mileage is teh suxxors but fun truck.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:36:28 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

Who got the mike and did the cigarette lighter work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
We just recently replaced a vehicle.  My wife was cruisin around in an '01 Yukon that 198,000 on it (Most of it Atlanta miles which is like dog years to human years).  It was still doing pretty good until the rear main seal started leaking.  We got an '07 Tahoe with 40,000 miles on it. 

I drive a '05 F250 diesel that I had to buy around Thanksgiving when I totaled my truck. 

We combine for about 2 mpg.  We feel sorry for the poor oil companies and try to support them in anyway we can.

Actually the diesel doesn't do too bad.  I get 20mpg in it and can haul a small mountain if I need to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »
You know a rear main seal will run you about $40 right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »
You know a rear main seal will run you about $40 right?

On a GM 5.3L V8 it involves dropping the transmission to access it because it is a one piece seal.  Cars that have a two piece seal are easier because you can drop the oil pan to get to it.  $40.00 for parts; $800 for labor.   Plus that was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back.  The traction control was on the blink, 2 of the power windows were permanently in the up position, and one of the rear seats was broken.  Decided to ditch it while it still had some value.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
On a GM 5.3L V8 it involves dropping the transmission to access it because it is a one piece seal.  Cars that have a two piece seal are easier because you can drop the oil pan to get to it.  $40.00 for parts; $800 for labor.   Plus that was more or less the straw that broke the camel's back.  The traction control was on the blink, 2 of the power windows were permanently in the up position, and one of the rear seats was broken.  Decided to ditch it while it still had some value.

I thought only the 4WD vehicles involved having to drop the trans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 02:28:26 PM »
I thought only the 4WD vehicles involved having to drop the trans?

According to my service manual and other info I have found you def have to separate the tranny from the block.  Some Yukon's were 4WD so I'm sure the motor to transmission mounting was identical between 2WD and 4WD.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions