Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barry begins repaying the Teamsters

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Barry begins repaying the Teamsters
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »
The trucking industry is about to take huge hit thanks to the teamsters and Barry's appointee. In a nuttshell new legislation will decrease the amount of time that a truck driver can drive in a day from 10 to 8 hours.  So let's see here. 
It's going to take me longer to get my product to my customer.
It's going to cost me more to get it to my customer which will
Cause me to charge more for my product and thus
not allow me to sell as many of them.

Sound fucking financial planning.

Douche' bag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Barry begins repaying the Teamsters
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
This only affects the truckers, not me. That is why I don't care about the price of diesel either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:00:58 PM »
This only affects the truckers, not me. That is why I don't care about the price of diesel either.

You have lost your mind. You honestly think that trucking costs going up across the board only affects truckers???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »
Holy shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Holy shit.

Re-read his post.

Have you both forgotten CCT is a huge smart ass?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
Re-read his post.

Have you both forgotten CCT is a huge smart ass?

You know me so well GH.

I drive a diesel truck and any time I mention the price of diesel, folks look at me like I'm crazy. They usually say something stupid like "I don't drive a diesel so that doesn't really affect me". I usually just smile and walk off.

I find it odd that the least refined sludge from oil is the highest priced. That is until I see the response of most of America. People have no clue that THEY do pay for higher diesel costs....at the grocery store.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:27:22 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 01:09:34 PM »
You know me so well GH.

I drive a diesel truck and any time I mention the price of diesel, folks look at me like I'm crazy. They usually say something stupid like "I don't drive a diesel so that doesn't really affect me". I usually just smile and walk off.

I find it odd that the least refined sludge from oil is the highest priced. That is until I see the response of most of America. People have no clue that THEY do pay for higher diesel costs....at the grocery store.

But I thought Barry had a plan for electric cars and trains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »
But I thought Barry had a plan for electric cars and trains.

I did too but my garage got too full. So I had to leave my electric train in the box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
I did too but my garage got too full. So I had to leave my electric train in the box.

:clap:

I chortled.  I drive a diesel too, and the Iranian guy that I buy from thinks I am his best friend.  He actually calls me boss man when I go inside to pay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
:clap:

I chortled.  I drive a diesel too, and the Iranian guy that I buy from thinks I am his best friend.  He actually calls me boss man when I go inside to pay.

I quit going to my Iranian guy. His pump was sl slow that it took 20 minutes to fill up. Besides, we have a new Racetrack by the house that is cheaper. Although, cheaper is a relative term. Still 30 cents more than regular gas. But hey, its just us diesel freaks that are getting charged more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »
I quit going to my Iranian guy. His pump was sl slow that it took 20 minutes to fill up. Besides, we have a new Racetrack by the house that is cheaper. Although, cheaper is a relative term. Still 30 cents more than regular gas. But hey, its just us diesel freaks that are getting charged more.

The volatility and price of diesel the last couple of years is one of the reasons I went from an F250 to an F150. Although gasoline isn't exactly stable or cheap either. Loved my damn diesel though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 09:45:21 AM »

Probably a good idea.  From what I have been told a slow diesel pump indicates that the pump filter is clogged.  Probably a good indicator of their maintenance on their equipment and the quality of their fuel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.