Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ole Miss Players Leaving in Droves Too...

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Ole Miss Players Leaving in Droves Too...
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
Sabinz ain't the only oversigner in the bunch, ya know...

Plenty of players leaving Ole Miss
Posted on: February 10, 2011
Posted by Tom Fornelli

Earlier this week Jesse Grandy announced that he was leaving Ole Miss to play football closer to home since a member of his family recently became ill. It seems Grandy has started a trend. According to the Clarion-Ledger, there are a few other players who are no longer on the Rebels' roster, and they've found new homes as well.

Later in that note, though, there are a couple of other names mentioned: Dele Junaid and Jared Mitchell. Both were scholarship players who are not on this roster that the school distributed Tuesday night, shortly after the news of Grandy’s departure broke.

But here are four more scholarship players from last year who were missing, as we noted early Wednesday afternoon on Twitter: RB Martez Eastland, OL Terrance Hackney, DE Lekenwic Haynes and DL Alan-Michael Thomas.

Junaid is transferring to a junior college in Texas, Eastland is on his way to Georgia Southern, and the others are all transferring, but haven't found a new destination just yet. So why is there suddenly an exodus from Houston Nutt and Oxford? Well, according to Oversigning.com, Ole Miss had 15 open spots on its roster going into 2011. On signing day the Rebels announced a freshman class of 27 newly signed players.

A quick check of the math shows that the Rebels added twelve more players than the team had spots for, and now suddenly a bunch of players are moving on. It's funny how that works, isn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
Re: Ole Miss Players Leaving in Droves Too...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:59:28 AM »
In a couple of years allbarn will be doing the same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:03:34 AM »
In a couple of years allbarn will be doing the same thing.
By the end of the day you'll be sucking your boyfriend's dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »
By the end of the day you'll be sucking your boyfriend's dick.

Not necessarily. 
He could be biting a pillow by the end of the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."