Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guns Up!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Guns Up!!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
Love it, we just won the Natty ship, had a top ranked class on all services, still in a battle with the #1 OT in the nation and we still take shots at Tubs.    :facepalm:

Tubs is da debil. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
Love it, we just won the Natty ship, had a top ranked class on all services, still in a battle with the #1 OT in the nation and we still take shots at Tubs.    :facepalm:

I didn't bring him up but since someone did, that's my view. I think winning the nc and bringing in back to back top 5 classes proves my point.

Chad - I think its safe to say Chiz had a lot of work to do in yr 1 to de-tubs Auburn so I would afford him the same leeway. In fact he probably had more on his plate. Remember the depth chart in 2009? Now, look at it. Yeah, I'd say he worked his ass off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
Tubs is da debil.

And I like Vicki, and she like me back!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »
And alligators are angry cause of their medulla oblongata.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 02:01:53 PM »

Prowler just can't help himself.  He's that damn myopic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 02:25:06 PM »
I didn't bring him up but since someone did, that's my view. I think winning the nc and bringing in back to back top 5 classes proves my point.

Chad - I think its safe to say Chiz had a lot of work to do in yr 1 to de-tubs Auburn so I would afford him the same leeway. In fact he probably had more on his plate. Remember the depth chart in 2009? Now, look at it. Yeah, I'd say he worked his ass off.

My point is, thank him for his time, what he did to de-bowden the team, wish him well and look at what is going on now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »
My point is, thank him for his time, what he did to de-bowden the team, wish him well and look at what is going on now.

Agree man. I hadn't really given him much thought lately before this thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 02:38:17 PM »
Agree man. I hadn't really given him much thought lately before this thread
I haven't given him much thought since Coach Chizik said that we are going after the Top players in the Country regardless...our coaches don't understand the word "no", they're going to keep coming back.  Breath of Fresh Air right there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
And I like Vicki, and she like me back!
and she showed me her boobies and I like dem too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:43 PM »

Precisely. 

I hate (and will battle to the bitter end) those who take any opportunity to bash him.  He was at AU 10 years.  He gave us some great ones.  Does no one remember the discussion of whether Auburn was in its greatest era that came along about 2006?  Nobody recalls the demands to name something after him at about the same time the field was being named for Dye?  No recollection of the debate over whether Tuberville was, in fact, the greatest of all modern-era coaches (I argued for Dye in that one, my memory can be hazy but some of the current bashers may have been the very same arguing for his elevation during that phase). 

Historical perspective.  Some lack it.  I has it.

All I want is for us (collectively) to stop acting like immature punk ass brats.  Give the man his due, thank him for the foundation he built at Auburn -- a foundation that helped us win the national championship, BTW -- and hope he enjoys success and happiness where he goes from here.  No ill will.  No need for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
Precisely. 

I hate (and will battle to the bitter end) those who take any opportunity to bash him.  He was at AU 10 years.  He gave us some great ones.  Does no one remember the discussion of whether Auburn was in its greatest era that came along about 2006?  Nobody recalls the demands to name something after him at about the same time the field was being named for Dye?  No recollection of the debate over whether Tuberville was, in fact, the greatest of all modern-era coaches (I argued for Dye in that one, my memory can be hazy but some of the current bashers may have been the very same arguing for his elevation during that phase). 

All I want is for us (collectively) to stop acting like immature punk ass brats.  Give the man his due, thank him for the foundation he built at Auburn -- a foundation that helped us win the national championship, BTW -- and hope he enjoys success and happiness where he goes from here.  No ill will.  No need for it.
I never had a problem with Tuberville and I still like him.  I think it was just time to part ways.  I appreciate everything he did for us.  Some of his assistant coaches on the other hand...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »
I never had a problem with Tuberville and I still like him.  I think it was just time to part ways.  I appreciate everything he did for us.  Some of his assistant coaches on the other hand...

You shut your dirty whorish non-BBQ tasting mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
You shut your dirty whorish non-BBQ tasting mouth.
But, I was never invited... And apparently neither were the WR's at the time...to any practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »
My biggest problem with Tubs was his incessant flirting with the next best job out there.  Whether this was media driven, agent driven, or he had actual interest, I got tired of spending the end of his last 4-5 years wondering if he was going to still be our coach. 

Thanks for the 2004 and the streak but I'm glad he (and all his drama) are gone.  Good luck at TT, I'm sure if you have a few good seasons you will be stringing TT along every year as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
But, I was never invited... And apparently neither were the WR's at the time...to any practice.

Pfft...they were at blocking practice every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 03:33:02 PM »
Precisely. 

I hate (and will battle to the bitter end) those who take any opportunity to bash him.  He was at AU 10 years.  He gave us somei great ones.  Does no one remember the discussion of whether Auburn was in its greatest era that came along about 2006?  Nobody recalls the demands to name something after him at about the same time the field was being named for Dye?  No recollection of the debate over whether Tuberville was, in fact, the greatest of all modern-era coaches (I argued for Dye in that one, my memory can be hazy but some of the current bashers may have been the very same arguing for his elevation during that phase). 

Now where's my slow clap when I need it.

Oh, here it is......

:wartim:  :wartim:

:fag: :fag:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
My biggest problem with Tubs was his incessant flirting with the next best job out there.

When your AD is visibly not in your corner and you're looking over your shoulder?  Cuts both ways. 

Was Tuberville a true AU man?  I wasn't his best friend, but I know enough, saw enough and was told enough to know that he wanted to be.  He was happy there, his family was happy there.  The shit in 2003 was wrong, the wrong people took the heat and from that point on the relationship was frosty.  Administration made it pretty clear they weren't going to reach across the table and embrace him.  And he went insular. 

Shit happens.  I would have been fine with him going in 2003 if they'd done it right.  Kudos to Tuberville for enduring that and emerging stronger.  But even after 2004, the relationship didn't warm.   

If you know your boss is biding time, waiting for you to screw up just enough for him to fire you and not make everybody else where you work mad, how would you handle it? 

When did you know Gene Chizik was going to be head coach at Auburn, Jay?
The day he left for Texas. 

That tells me all I need to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
When your AD is visibly not in your corner and you're looking over your shoulder?  Cuts both ways. 

Was Tuberville a true AU man?  I wasn't his best friend, but I know enough, saw enough and was told enough to know that he wanted to be.  He was happy there, his family was happy there.  The shit in 2003 was wrong, the wrong people took the heat and from that point on the relationship was frosty.  Administration made it pretty clear they weren't going to reach across the table and embrace him.  And he went insular. 

Shit happens.  I would have been fine with him going in 2003 if they'd done it right.  Kudos to Tuberville for enduring that and emerging stronger.  But even after 2004, the relationship didn't warm.   

If you know your boss is biding time, waiting for you to screw up just enough for him to fire you and not make everybody else where you work mad, how would you handle it? 

When did you know Gene Chizik was going to be head coach at Auburn, Jay?
The day he left for Texas. 

That tells me all I need to know.

That is pretty much dead nuts!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »
That is pretty much dead nuts!

Somewhere, Snaggle just cringed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 03:51:21 PM »
Somewhere, Snaggle just cringed.

Shit happens
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."