Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guns Up!!

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Guns Up!!
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:39:30 PM »
Tubs lands first top 20 class in Texas Tech history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Guns Up!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:15 PM »
Tubs lands first top 20 class in Texas Tech history.

War Tubs.  Hope he makes them a consistent playah without the "gimmicky" wide open, throw it 70 times a game mentality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »
War Tubs.  Hope he makes them a consistent playah without the "gimmicky" wide open, throw it 70 times a game mentality.

He fucking sucks at recruiting. 

Carnell Williams told me that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »

He's not top 5....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:21:31 AM »
Wow...CTT can recruit in Texas?  Wait, was his name linked to any HC jobs this year that got drawn out for weeks and weeks and weeks?  Nope.  Okay, maybe he has learned his lesson to not go Duck Hunting and have your name floated at every possible opening across the Country for long periods of time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 08:09:46 AM »
And all while running the same offense as Leach did and being third in the country in passing attempts per game.  Amazing, no? 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:51:26 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
Wow...CTT can recruit in Texas?  Wait, was his name linked to any HC jobs this year that got drawn out for weeks and weeks and weeks?  Nope.  Okay, maybe he has learned his lesson to not go Duck Hunting and have your name floated at every possible opening across the Country for long periods of time.
You assholes sure didn't mind it when he was beating the piss out of us year in and year out, and out recruiting us. He was pretty fucking viable then. It showed how good of a coach he was that everybody wanted him. Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:18 AM »

Wow....recruiting in Texas. Real hard. All he had to do was fight with Aggie and smu for UT's leftovers. I don't think anyone argues with Tubs first 5 classes or so at Auburn. It's the last 5 COLLECTIVELY I take issue with. Project players, not going after the best, 4 stars that others saw through, a 40% + attrition rate which is extremely above average. One class having that is an accident. 3 or 4 together is a trend. A top 10 class in 06 don't mean squat if the players never play or develop. And whether you like it it not, that falls on the hc. He quit on us as fans. That ill never forget. No excuses.

Rws.....ever notice how we could never finish you off blowout style in those 6 games? Sure, I enjoyed it.....but we were beating up a retard. Notice what happened when Bama got their shit straight?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:52:03 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »
This is where Kaos and I disagree a little about Tubs.  Although I think that the majority of the reason he fights so hard is because a lot of people take such an opposite stance on how CTT recruited.  Did he have some good classes absolutely, did he know how to recruit, again absolutely.  The questions I had about his recruiting were more positional (evaluations of certain skill players), and he did seem to have a lot of non qualifiers.

I will say this though, what I have seen from Chiziks staff in the ability to make changes during a game, and just flat out coach. Is heads and shoulders above any combination of Tubs staffs.  Not saying CTT himself, but the whole picture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
This is where Kaos and I disagree a little about Tubs.  Although I think that the majority of the reason he fights so hard is because a lot of people take such an opposite stance on how CTT recruited.  Did he have some good classes absolutely, did he know how to recruit, again absolutely.  The questions I had about his recruiting were more positional (evaluations of certain skill players), and he did seem to have a lot of non qualifiers.

I will say this though, what I have seen from Chiziks staff in the ability to make changes during a game, and just flat out coach. Is heads and shoulders above any combination of Tubs staffs staff in Auburn memory.  Not saying CTT himself, but the whole picture.

Fixed it for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
Notice what happened when Bama got their poop straight?

yeah I noticed..................the series is 2-2 and one team was incapable of holding onto a 24 point lead in their own house.

WDE
 :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
yeah I noticed..................the series is 2-2 and one team was incapable of holding onto a 24 point lead in their own house.

WDE

Nice one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »

I will say this though, what I have seen from Chiziks staff in the ability to make changes during a game, and just flat out coach. Is heads and shoulders above any combination of Tubs staffs.  Not saying CTT himself, but the whole picture.
Next season, with a new QB and OL, many will revert back to calling Malzahns off. gimmicky HS crap that everyone has 'caught up with'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »

WDE

1-2 since I'm being nice and giving Saban a pass on the year 1 de-Shulafication.

You failed to see my point. With tubs at the helm, they blew our doors off when they decided to hire a real coach and get some comparable players. Coach Sheila was easy picking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
1-2 since I'm being nice and giving Saban a pass on the year 1 de-Shulafication.

You failed to see my point. With tubs at the helm, they blew our doors off when they decided to hire a real coach and get some comparable players. Coach Sheila was easy picking.

He dominated a 'down' bammer program, and held his own with the test of the league until the last 2 years.  Bammer isnt the only team in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »

Chizik doesn't get that same one year pass? If so, he's undefeated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »

I did not miss the point................it is what it is, a'ight?

suffice it to say that there are those who are not happy with their ROI concerning Mr. Saban.

domination just aint what it use to be.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »
I did not miss the point................it is what it is, a'ight?

suffice it to say that there are those who are not happy with their ROI concerning Mr. Saban.

domination just aint what it use to be.

Dammit you shut your mouth...they just won the Rivals Recruiting National Championship!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
You assholes sure didn't mind it when he was beating the piss out of us year in and year out, and out recruiting us. He was pretty fucking viable then. It showed how good of a coach he was that everybody wanted him. Right?
That has more to do with who y'all had as a HC(s) during that span, inregards to head to head recruiting battles.  Every year, it seemed like, his name was being put on Universities "short list" and it would stay there for weeks, until they hired someone else.  That's an easy negative recruiting tool, not just for SPuat, but for every coach in the Southeast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Love it, we just won the Natty ship, had a top ranked class on all services, still in a battle with the #1 OT in the nation and we still take shots at Tubs.    :facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan