Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kujo speaks...

Re: Kujo speaks...
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
Cecil never interjected after a commitment? HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS CHOOSING IN THE FIRST PLACE. He picked AU for his son. Of course he didn't interject after the commitment. He was the sole person making the decision for his son. That's the whole point. If he changed his mind, it would have been simple enough, because he was the one that was making the decisions.

I admire your attempt at spin here.  Still trying to make it the same, when it's not.  Gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »
A decision was never made dude. It was...apparently...down to Auburn and Mississippi State. Cam asked his father's advice. He asked for his guidance. Cam's father felt like the best opportunity was Auburn.

I garun-god damn-tee you that if Cam had publicialy committed to Miss. State like Cyrus did yesterday, then had a meeting with his father like Cyrus did yesterday, and THEN signed with Auburn, the shit would have been DRASTICALLY worse.

This shit just doesn't add up. Not because of Cyrus, but because this shit has happened before. Cyrus, and Brent, and Chris Jones...and that is just this year...
But the fact remains, no matter how you pick it apart and put it back together; Cecil ultimately picked AU for Cam, and it was he and he alone who made that final decision. And that is OK. Cam made it widely and publically known that his father would be picking a school for him. That is the one and only real line I'm drawing between the two situations. For all we know, privately, Cam actually wanted to go to MSU. Hell, he even said in interviews while he was playing at AU that his heart was still in Florida. So, I don't see how my theory could be so far fetched. But, we're not going to actually consider that, because we just don't know. The main complaint I see from AU folks seems to be Peaches' involvement in this situation. The time frame and manner in which things were done is irrelevant to both situations. We're talking about parents making school choices for their kids. Plain and simple. 

And as I said to TH regarding parents intervention this year, how is that indicative of one side of doing something wrong over another, other than you choose to believe your side is right, and I choose to believe my side is right? And in the end, none of us know exactly what or how anything went down. All I know, is if it's OK for Cecil Newton to be able to pick where Cam goes, I don't see what the issue with any other parent choosing for their kid, as long as there is no bullshit or violations involved. Parents do things that they think is right for their kids all the time. It's part of being a parent. Some parents think leaving their 4 year old kid alone in an apartment while they go down the road to get meth is OK. It's a matter of perception, I suppose.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:35:40 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »
But the fact remains, no matter how you pick it apart and put it back together; Cecil ultimately picked AU for Cam, and it was he and he alone who made that final decision. And that is OK. Cam made it widely and publically known that his father would be picking a school for him. That is the one and only real line I'm drawing between the two situations. For all we know, privately, Cam actually wanted to go to MSU. Hell, he even said in interviews while he was playing at AU that his heart was still in Florida. So, I don't see how my theory could be so far fetched. But, we're not going to actually consider that, because we just don't know. The main complaint I see from AU folks seems to be Peaches' involvement in this situation. The time frame and manner in which things were done is irrelevant to both situations. We're talking about parents making school choices for their kids. Plain and simple. 

And as I said to TH regarding parents intervention this year, how is that indicative of one side of doing something wrong over another, other than you choose to believe your side is right, and I choose to believe my side is right? And in the end, none of us know exactly what or how anything went down. All I know, is if it's OK for Cecil Newton to be able to pick where Cam goes, I don't see what the issue with any other parent choosing for their kid, as long as there is no bullshit or violations involved. Parents do things that they think is right for their kids all the time. It's part of being a parent. Some parents think leaving their 4 year old kid alone in an apartment while they go down the road to get meth is OK. It's a matter of perception, I suppose.

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
I bet you agree with this too RWS? This is the same type of spin that you put out here every god damn day...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/elite_18_calloways_signature_g.html

Elite 18: Brent Calloway's signature gives Tide edge in recruiting state's best

Russellville linebacker Brent Calloway's change of heart on National Signing Day gave Alabama a narrow in-state recruiting victory over Auburn among the players at the top of The Press-Register Elite 18.

Overall, Alabama signed five members of the Elite 18, while Auburn led the way with nine. LSU, Florida State, Ole Miss and Kentucky signed one each.

Among the seven players at the top -- who were at the center of intense recruiting battles involving the two most recent national champions -- four signed with Alabama and three with Auburn.

The difference was Calloway, who was committed to Alabama for almost a year before announcing on national TV last month that he would sign with Auburn. The state's top prospect changed his mind again Wednesday, giving the Crimson Tide the top player on the Elite 18 for the fourth year in a row. One player is still undecided.

Calloway follows DeMarcus Milliner, D.J. Fluker and Julio Jones as No. 1 players headed to Tuscaloosa. The No. 1 players from 2001-07 include Carnell Williams, Jason Allen, JaMarcus Russell, Nikita Stover, Gabe McKenzie, Andre Smith and Mike McNeil. The most recent No. 1 player to sign with anyone other than Alabama or Auburn was Russell (LSU, 2003).

ELITE 18

1. Brent Calloway, LB, Russellville, Alabama

2. Reese Dismukes, C, Spanish Fort ,Auburn

3. Marvin Shinn, WR, Vigor, Alabama

4. Jonathan Rose, CB, Leeds, Auburn

5. Erique Florence, S, Valley, Auburn

6. Danny Woodson Jr., WR, LeFlore, Alabama

7. Chris Jones, CB, Minor, Alabama

8. Sammie Coates, WR, Leroy, Auburn

9. Jabrian Niles, DL, Davidson, Auburn

10. Jaylon Denson, WR, Hoover, Auburn

11. Stephen Rivers, QB, Athens, LSU

12. Jacob Coker, QB, St. Paul's, Florida St.

13. Anthony Swain, S, Gadsden City, Auburn

14. Collins Moore, WR, Bob Jones, Ole Miss

15. Daryl Collins, WR, Gadsden City, Kentucky

16. Keymiya Harrell, DE, Dallas Co., Auburn

17. Chris Landrum, LB, Sweet Water, Auburn

18. Vinnie Sunseri, LB, Northridge, Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »
Damn, this just feels like old times!  That is all, carry on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
If Cam was fine wtih his dad picking, then so be it.

If Kujo was fine with his parents telling him what to do, then so be it.

But to crawl his ass AFTER he makes his pick, after he says he told his brother his heart was at Auburn, after he makes the announcement LIVE ON NATIONAL TV... that is just fucked up.

Either they had told him what to say and he disregarded them, or they told him to choose and he did and then they freaked out on him because it was not what they wanted him to do - EITHER WAY that is NOTHING like Cam and his dad having a united front before Signing Day. 

If you are giving the kid any illusion that he actually has a say in his own life, then respect his choices even if they are not your own.  If Calloway and Kulo were told  "Fine, you pick." then STFU!  Don't make him look like an idiot for flip flopping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »
I bet you agree with this too RWS? This is the same type of spin that you put out here every god damn day...

So Auburn gets 6 of the top 10 including 3 of the top 5 and Alabama has the edge with in-state recruiting? 

A haha.  A haha.  A haha.

I bet this guy also believed that 36-0 was more impressive than 6 in a row.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
If Cam was fine wtih his dad picking, then so be it.

If Kujo was fine with his parents telling him what to do, then so be it.

But to crawl his ass AFTER he makes his pick, after he says he told his brother his heart was at Auburn, after he makes the announcement LIVE ON NATIONAL TV... that is just fucked up.

Either they had told him what to say and he disregarded them, or they told him to choose and he did and then they freaked out on him because it was not what they wanted him to do - EITHER WAY that is NOTHING like Cam and his dad having a united front before Signing Day. 

If you are giving the kid any illusion that he actually has a say in his own life, then respect his choices even if they are not your own.  If Calloway and Kulo were told  "Fine, you pick." then STFU!  Don't make him look like an idiot for flip flopping.

This....

What rws fails to comprehend here is the timing and circumstances. There is not a precedent that resembles the Cyrus soap opera.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
I could have sworn just the other day I read an article that had Dismukes as the top recruit in the state. No, I am positive of this.

Here we go. Chad did all the leg work, so lets give this thread an encore.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/signing_day/chizik_owns_the_state_alabama_12406.0.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:14:09 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »

No, I don't agree with it. The article is flawed due to numerous obvious reasons. AU clearly won the in-state battle this year. On and off the field. I don't think Calloway deserves the top spot, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »
No, I don't agree with it. The article is flawed due to numerous obvious reasons. AU clearly won the in-state battle this year. On and off the field. I don't think Calloway deserves the top spot, either.

Yet you're using the exact same "spin"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
AUGoldmine just tweeted that Cyrus' dad just said Iowa is still an option
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »
Yet you're using the exact same "spin"...
If that's the way you want to see it, then so be it. I see it my way, and you see it yours. I could drag this on for pages and pages, but I don't think anybody wants to see it, and honestly it won't get us anywhere. So this might just have to be one of those things we agree to disagree on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 12:21:35 PM »
AUGoldmine just tweeted that Cyrus' dad just said Iowa is still an option

Fabulous.

At this point, just go away. 

"Without him, Auburn still has a stellar class.  Without him, bammer takes a hit."

That came from  some ESPN cruitin guy last night.  I am too lazy to look it up for a link so either believe me or go find it yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
Fabulous.

At this point, just go away. 

"Without him, Auburn still has a stellar class.  Without him, bammer takes a hit."

That came from  some ESPN cruitin guy last night.  I am too lazy to look it up for a link so either believe me or go find it yourself.

All true, but the kid is good, and HE eants Auburn, and if he wants Auburn, we want him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »
All true, but the kid is good, and HE eants Auburn, and if he wants Auburn, we want him.

Did not say I would not take him with smiles if he chooses Auburn.  But at this point, I could give two poops.  I am over the drama.  Auburn is more than one person.  Life does not revolve around whether or not he comes to Auburn.  IF he does, fab.  If not?  Next...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
....and you better damn well listen.

Yes. I got your reference. May be because I am old.

CUJO!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
Yes. I got your reference. May be because I am old.

CUJO!

That movie freaked my out when I was a little kid. My grandmother had three of those big ass dogs. Classic movie, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
A few articles have come up on Rivals.....

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has been the talk of the recruiting world after selecting Auburn on national television Wednesday but getting cold feet and not sending in his signed Letter of Intent. Now the 6-foot-7, 322-pounder has to choose between Auburn and Alabama and many hope the decision will come quickly. So what's the latest?

Kouandjio is expected to talk to Auburn again today.
"I haven't talked to Cyrus yet today," said DeMatha head coach Bill McGregor. "I called him a couple of times last night but he didn't get back to me so I figured I'd just let him breathe for a little bit. But today I will talk to him because I'd like to move forward.

"I don't really know how this happened, if Cyrus wasn't ready to make his choice I would have liked him to have delayed the decision. He can't go wrong with either school, it's just picking which fruit you like better, apples or oranges, and just pick one."

McGregor spoke to Auburn head coach Gene Chizik twice yesterday as well as Auburn assistant coach Tommy Thigpen. This morning he spoke to Auburn assistant Ted Roof. McGregor also spoke to Alabama assistant coach Sal Sunseri, but he is keeping Auburn more in the loop and wants Cyrus to talk to Auburn.

"Because he picked Auburn he needs to talk to them," McGregor said. "He needs to explain to them what he's thinking, what's going on and if he changes his mind he needs to tell them. Alabama is being kept in the loop, but Auburn is the school he chose and they are the ones who deserve to hear from Cyrus."

McGregor is hoping to get his talented offensive tackle on the phone today with Auburn coaches.

"I'm hoping to get him talking to them at noon today and maybe we can figure a few things out," he said. "I'd rather he make his choice and be happy with it because he can't go wrong either way. But if he's not ready, he at least needs to keep them in the loop."

Sources said that most of the Auburn offensive staff spoke at length with Kouandjio last night but a letter clearly has still not arrived. The hope from most is that this will be resolved within the next few days.

There had been some talk that it will come down to a family decision while others say that Cyrus is decided between a pro-style offense at Alabama and a spread offense at Auburn. Regardless, McGregor is trying to move things along.

"I just want what's best for Cyrus and I think he has a can't miss decision," he said. "Maybe today we'll get further."

--

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha offensive tackle Cyrus Kouandjio has had a busy couple of days and has talked to a lot of people. Now the 6-foot-7, 322-pounder is getting closer and closer to making his final decision, a decision many thought was made Wednesday on national television.

Kouandjio is getting closer to a decision. 
"I met with Cyrus this afternoon when we had a conference call with Auburn and just met with him again about an hour ago and he spoke to the Auburn coaches again," said DeMatha head coach Bill McGregor. "He's still not 100-percent sure about everything yet but he feels good about it. He doesn't have a timetable though, I read where someone said it would be tomorrow but he didn't tell me that. ESPN called and wanted him to come on the air by phone or on the radio or something, but I think he wants to just keep it low key. When he's ready he'll just call the coaches and tell them and send his letter."

Reports surfaced today that Iowa had re-entered the picture, but McGregor said that isn't true.

"He'll choose between Alabama and Auburn," he said. "Right now he just needs some more time to think about it so I'll call him tonight and see where we're at. He spoke to Auburn head coach Gene Chizik today because Auburn asked me to set up a conference call with Cyrus and them for noon. He also spoke to Auburn coaches this afternoon but I'm not sure which ones. I spoke to Sal Sunseri at Alabama to keep him in the loop but I don't think Cyrus has talked to Alabama at all yet, but I could be wrong. I hope he's getting closer to making a decision."

McGregor has been fielding calls from across the nation regarding Kouandjio.

"I never thought we'd be in this situation," he said. "I wasn't surprised when he chose Auburn and I didn't think anything of it, we had around 15 players there so after the press conference I was talking to people and shaking hands and had no idea he was having second thoughts. I thought he was sure and had made up his mind. Hopefully for Cyrus this will all end soon because I know he's uncomfortable with it as well."

Does McGregor have a hunch where his star tackle will land?

"I think he'll stick with Auburn actually, but I could be wrong," he said. "Like I said, I'm surprised we're even in this situation so anything can happen. I think he picked Auburn for a reason so I think he'll stick with that, but I could be off."
Sounds AU bound. At least, his coach sure seems to want him to be.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:52:06 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
A few articles have come up on Rivals.....

--
Sounds AU bound. At least, his coach sure seems to want him to be.

Ummmm...OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.