Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kujo speaks...

Re: Kujo speaks...
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
I ask the same question as Token, though. What gives? I can certainly see the upside of him going to AU from his end. Really, Cyrus could go to any program in the country and still stand out, and still have a career in the NFL. The fact that his parents didn't go with him on his visit is a bit strange. The fact that AU can get in on a kid like this in just two weeks is strange. But, here's something I really don't understand: Nobody here had a problem with Cecil Newton choosing AU for his son. Nobody here had a problem when Brent Calloway's biological father, out of the blue, steered him towards AU. Nobody has a problem with Walt Williams helping steer the Arkansas kids to AU. Nobody has ever had a problem with somebody influincing a recruit to go to AU. No, they're doing what's right for their kid, because all of the other schools is the wrong choice. It only becomes problematic when the kid is steered towards Alabama, and he is a talented kid. We have to be cheating. We offered cash, or cars. Let's just forget the fact that Cam Newton could have banked some cash by signing with MSU, but suddenly for whatever reason, his dad picked AU for nothing. That's not fishy at all.

This has to be historically, one of your most pathetic, whiney and uber-typical posts ever.   It's full of half truths, improper comparisons and generally, just fucking ignorant. 

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:20:05 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
This has to be historically, one of your most pathetic, whiney and uber-typical posts ever.   It's full of half truths, improper comparisons and generally, just fucking ignorant.

Its like he listened to Finescum for his argument, but then forgot half of it. Someone needs to remind him to throw in the FBI every other paragraph to make it authentic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »
You guys thought it was fantastic when Calloway defected. Truth.

Calloway was steered towards AU by his father. Truth.

Cecil Newton picked AU for his son. Truth.

Michael Dyer and Keihl Frazier were/are both clients of Walt Williams' prospect promotion company (which is perfectly legal). Truth.

Nobody here had a problem with any of the above. Truth.

My simple point? It's never fishy when somebody steers a kid towards AU. It's always welcomed. As a matter of fact, he's being steered towards AU becuase of the shadiness of other schools, namely Alabama. But when he's steered towards Alabama? Oh, you better believe somebody got paid.

You can call the Newton comparison an improper one all day long. That's your opinion. It was solely up to Cecil Newton where Cam was going to sign. That was his decision to make. That was OK. But now, Cyrus' parents are putting in their .02 as to where he should go, and you guys are calling foul because they are solely trying to make that decision for him? How is that an improper comparison?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:40 AM »
For the record, Bama fans have already realized this.  We don't wish kids good luck.  We stalk their Facebook page and tell them we hope they break their legs.

No, you hold up signs at bball games Barney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
You can call the Newton comparison an improper one all day long. That's your opinion. It was solely up to Cecil Newton where Cam was going to sign. That was his decision to make. That was OK. But now, Cyrus' parents are putting in their .02 as to where he should go, and you guys are calling foul because they are solely trying to make that decision for him? How is that an improper comparison?

You are a stone cold IDIOT.

Newton did not commit to MSU only to switch on signing day. The fishy finger points back to turdville.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
My simple point? It's never fishy when somebody steers a kid towards AU. It's always welcomed. As a matter of fact, he's being steered towards AU becuase of the shadiness of other schools, namely Alabama. But when he's steered towards Alabama? Oh, you better believe somebody got paid.

Glad you finally see things truthfully.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »

Michael Dyer and Keihl Frazier were/are both clients of Walt Williams' prospect promotion company (which is perfectly legal). Truth.

Ummm...dead wrong on Calloway. In fact just the opposite. Are you high?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
Its like he listened to Finescum for his argument, but then forgot half of it. Someone needs to remind him to throw in the FBI every other paragraph to make it authentic.
Oh, if you ask people on BOL, I'm one of the "barner lurkers" because of how stupid I think those threads are. And I don't really bite my tongue when telling them that it's stupid, either. Some of those "insiders" over there are much like Prowler, and it's sad to see some of our fanbase fall into that trap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »
It wouldn't be so fishy if the Cameron Clear story hadn't happened.

Also the fact that we've already had one defect to Alabama because a parent adamantly insisted his son not go to Auburn. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Ummm...dead wrong on Calloway. In fact just the opposite. Are you high?
The father wanted him at AU. The step-father wanted him at Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »

Also the fact that we've already had one defect to Alabama because a parent adamantly insisted his son not go to Auburn.

I don't think I have heard that story.  What happened with Clear?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »
You are a stone cold IDIOT.

Newton did not commit to MSU only to switch on signing day. The fishy finger points back to turdville.
That's irrelevant. Cyrus wasn't committed to anybody before his announcement, either. The point is, they both have parents making the decision for them. If his parents were telling him to go to AU, then there is no problem. It's only a problem because his parents are telling him to go to Alabama. Therefore, in your eyes, that's fishy and there must be something up. But it wasn't fishy that MSU boosters were going to round up some cash for Newton's signature, and his dad out of the blue picked AU.

I'm not trying to say Newton was paid by AU. Again, I don't think any SEC program in this day and age is that stupid. I'm showing the double standard here, where it is OK for a parent to get in a kid's ear about going to AU, but not OK about being in his ear about UA. Whether the kid was, wasn't, or might have been committed somewhere else is irrelevant. The only real comparison I'm making in the two situations is the parents input on where the kid goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »
That's irrelevant. Cyrus wasn't committed to anybody before his announcement, either. The point is, they both have parents making the decision for them. If his parents were telling him to go to AU, then there is no problem. It's only a problem because his parents are telling him to go to Alabama. Therefore, in your eyes, that's fishy and there must be something up. But it wasn't fishy that MSU boosters were going to round up some cash for Newton's signature, and his dad out of the blue picked AU.

I'm not trying to say Newton was paid by AU. Again, I don't think any SEC program in this day and age is that stupid. I'm showing the double standard here, where it is OK for a parent to get in a kid's ear about going to AU, but not OK about being in his ear about UA. Whether the kid was, wasn't, or might have been committed somewhere else is irrelevant. The only real comparison I'm making in the two situations is the parents input on where the kid goes.

When you said father, I assumed you meant peaches. Understood.

This is different since the guy called a presser, committed and then had a come to Jesus meeting. Cam never did that. Cecil never interjected after a commitment. And that IS relevant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »

Who is to say that is indicative of something shady at one school over another, other than you're an Auburn fan so you're going to assume one way, and I'm an Alabama fan, so I'm going to assume the other way? As humble posters on a message board, we don't really know. Maybe he insisted on Alabama because Auburn offered him money, and his career would be ruined if anybody found out and he committed to AU. Maybe Alabama offered his step-father cash, and they really need it. We're both going to see it different ways. I choose to simply believe that neither school did anything shady, and his step-father thinks Alabama is the best choice for him. If that makes me a sheep, then baaaaa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:12 AM »
When you said father, I assumed you meant peaches. Understood.

This is different since the guy called a presser, committed and then had a come to Jesus meeting. Cam never did that. Cecil never interjected after a commitment. And that IS relevant.
Cecil never interjected after a commitment? HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS CHOOSING IN THE FIRST PLACE. He picked AU for his son. Of course he didn't interject after the commitment. He was the sole person making the decision for his son. That's the whole point. If he changed his mind, it would have been simple enough, because he was the one that was making the decisions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »

God damn you are an idiot.

Publicly committing to a school and then at the very last minute having your mind changed is a lot different than getting your parents advice about where to go to school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
The point is, they both have parents making the decision for them. If his parents were telling him to go to AU, then there is no problem. It's only a problem because his parents are telling him to go to Alabama. Therefore, in your eyes, that's fishy and there must be something up. But it wasn't fishy that MSU boosters were going to round up some cash for Newton's signature, and his dad out of the blue picked AU.

You do realize this is an Auburn site... right?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
....and you better damn well listen.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »

Wouldn't this be strange to an outsider looking in?  I mean, his actual father wants him to go to AU.  Brent makes the switch and appears to be happy with it, and excited about the prospect of playing RB.  However, his guardian, named "Peaches" insists he goes to Alabama.  Then, not only does he have Brent go to Alabama, but LOCKS HIM DOWN for DAYS before. 

I'm sure there's nothing strange there to you.  Certainly on the up and up.  Probably just cared too much for Brent and didn't want him to be stalked by any kind of media folks. 

Cecil had visited all the schools with Cam.  Cecil is also quoted multiple multiple times giving reasons as to why he felt AU was a better decision for Cam.  Cecil also had a more involved role with Cam, because of his past transgressions.  Yes, he steered Cam to Auburn.  A move looking back, had to be good for both parties (controversies aside).

Yet, you referred to it as strange.  These guys didn't spurn Alabama to go to Auburn.  They never committed to Arkansas, only to go to Auburn.  ...and I'm guessing here, but are they the ONLY two to ever go through Walt Williams to head to a college program?  Probably not.  You even acknowledge it "perfectly legal", yet use it in your example strain. 

This is horseshit.  Serious horseshit.  Where's all the shit being flung at you guys about people like Pagan, or other great players that signed with you yesterday?  Not coming from here.  There's an issue with two very specific events with two players, and you're trying to pull in the entire rivalry and all players that sign at AU or Alabama.   Fuck that.

From a simplistic standpoint, they're similar.  However, there are many different dynamics and reasons behind what the sets of parents did.  Your initial statment didn't acknowledge that, and grouped them as one in the same.  Which was incorrect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
Cecil never interjected after a commitment? HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS CHOOSING IN THE FIRST PLACE. He picked AU for his son. Of course he didn't interject after the commitment. He was the sole person making the decision for his son. That's the whole point. If he changed his mind, it would have been simple enough, because he was the one that was making the decisions.

A decision was never made dude. It was...apparently...down to Auburn and Mississippi State. Cam asked his father's advice. He asked for his guidance. Cam's father felt like the best opportunity was Auburn.

I garun-god damn-tee you that if Cam had publicialy committed to Miss. State like Cyrus did yesterday, then had a meeting with his father like Cyrus did yesterday, and THEN signed with Auburn, the shit would have been DRASTICALLY worse.

This shit just doesn't add up. Not because of Cyrus, but because this shit has happened before. Cyrus, and Brent, and Chris Jones...and that is just this year...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions