Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Roberson has committed to....

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Roberson has committed to....
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
The Frenchman...what a huge disappointment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
Here's something else that completely destroys Prowler's entire premise:

ESPN re-ranked the 2007 recruiting classes, and what was the #7 class on signing day has now been rated as the #3 class of that year.

See the list here http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6059178

Quick reference:

Signing day 2007 - re-rank 2010
1. USC - Florida
2. Florida - Texas
3. Texas - Auburn
4. S Carolina - Va Tech
5. Tennessee - UNC
6. LSU - Ga Tech
7. Auburn - Ohio State
8. Notre Dame - S Carolina
9. Miami - USC
10. Michigan - LSU

So based on actual contribution and performance, Auburn's 2007 class is the third best in the country.

Yeah, Tuberville fucking SUCKED at that recruiting shit. 

His 2008 class took a hit in light of the mass hysteria over the arrival of Saban but all this bullshit I see spewed about how AU had given up and conceded is just that.  BULLSHIT and speculation with no basis in reality.

I think Saban coming in when he did probably helped form the perfect strom.  Lord Saybinz, to his credit, came in and did what he was paid to do, get very aggressive on the recruiting trail.  CTT, on the other hand, was not only facing a little criticism with regard to his assistants, but I believe that was the start of some personal problems for him as well, so I don't think he had his mind focused 100% on the job at hand.

Not to go into the whole time for a change thing.  I do believe given the chance...or forced to clean some house, CTT would have righted the ship.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »
I think Saban coming in when he did probably helped form the perfect strom.  Lord Saybinz, to his credit, came in and did what he was paid to do, get very aggressive on the recruiting trail.  CTT, on the other hand, was not only facing a little criticism with regard to his assistants, but I believe that was the start of some personal problems for him as well, so I don't think he had his mind focused 100% on the job at hand.

Not to go into the whole time for a change thing.  I do believe given the chance...or forced to clean some house, CTT would have righted the ship.

He looked so done to me in 2008 though, he looked tired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
I don't think he used a trident, but Freddie Smooth recently killed a man in New Orleans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »

Never said it wasn't time for him to leave.  I argued for that myself.  It had reached the point to where the division between him and Jacobs was corrosive. I think the bridges were burned beyond repair.

I still think that had Tuberville been given the "all in" support from the administration that Chizik has been granted and he could have been fine.  But that wasn'tgoing to happen. Tubs and Jacobs were never going to be all in and on the same page.  Well was poisoned.

Would we be celebrating a national title today if they'd pulled together?  Can't say. Probably not.  Too many things had to go exactly right this year for that to happen.  If we play the same season with the same players 20 times, we might win it twice out of twenty.  This season was like NCAA for PS3.  If things weren't going right, I could just turn it off and start the game over.  If we play it again, maybe Clemson doesn't get the penalty on the kick. Maybe Kentucky stops a fourth down conversion. Maybe McElroy recoveres his own fumble. So many things had to happen just perfectly (like they do for EVERY NC team). We could play that season again and end up 9-4 or 10-3 or 11-2 or or even 7-6.

Chizik did a great job last year.  The ball bounced right. Tuberville did a great job in 2000 and in 2004, in particular.  Could he have done a great job in 2010?  Maybe. Nobody knows. 

It just pisses me off when our bama-acting fans trash him.  Maybe they don't remember what shambles the program was in when he got there.  We had a wide receiver, all 140 pounds of him as our only running back.  We had an outfielder at quarterback.  We had no offensive line. Recruiting was a wasteland.  We weren't even an afterthought on the national scale.  His second season we won the SEC West.  By 2003 the cupboard was full. One NFL scout said he'd seen pro teams with a lot less talent than the 2003 team had. 

Tuberville kept us from falling off the map and made us nationally relevant. For the most part he kept us there. It's infantile and crass to disregard all that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
Never said it wasn't time for him to leave.  I argued for that myself.  It had reached the point to where the division between him and Jacobs was corrosive. I think the bridges were burned beyond repair.

I still think that had Tuberville been given the "all in" support from the administration that Chizik has been granted and he could have been fine.  But that wasn'tgoing to happen. Tubs and Jacobs were never going to be all in and on the same page.  Well was poisoned.

Would we be celebrating a national title today if they'd pulled together?  Can't say. Probably not.  Too many things had to go exactly right this year for that to happen.  If we play the same season with the same players 20 times, we might win it twice out of twenty.  This season was like NCAA for PS3.  If things weren't going right, I could just turn it off and start the game over.  If we play it again, maybe Clemson doesn't get the penalty on the kick. Maybe Kentucky stops a fourth down conversion. Maybe McElroy recoveres his own fumble. So many things had to happen just perfectly (like they do for EVERY NC team). We could play that season again and end up 9-4 or 10-3 or 11-2 or or even 7-6.

Chizik did a great job last year.  The ball bounced right. Tuberville did a great job in 2000 and in 2004, in particular.  Could he have done a great job in 2010?  Maybe. Nobody knows. 

It just pisses me off when our bama-acting fans trash him.  Maybe they don't remember what shambles the program was in when he got there.  We had a wide receiver, all 140 pounds of him as our only running back.  We had an outfielder at quarterback.  We had no offensive line. Recruiting was a wasteland.  We weren't even an afterthought on the national scale.  His second season we won the SEC West.  By 2003 the cupboard was full. One NFL scout said he'd seen pro teams with a lot less talent than the 2003 team had. 

Tuberville kept us from falling off the map and made us nationally relevant. For the most part he kept us there. It's infantile and crass to disregard all that.
Agree 100%...Tubs name and picture deserve to be a part of Auburn history.  Now the chubby little fat man, his name should be stricken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 03:33:52 PM »
Never knew Wes was in the running to have his portrait up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »

Ouch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
Damn kaos, I really didn't think you'd chomp down that hard on the bait....I knew you would take it, but...damn, lol.

But seriously, you wanna know how great of a recruiter he was...I know that he had some high ranked classes but most of those classes where top heavy with a lot of guys that never made.  Check out the OL Recruiting.  I'm not just talking about guys that couldn't make it either, I'm talking about a few classes that had only one or two Offensive Linemen in it.  One of the classes produced Zero OL...ZERO.  A position that has 5 openings and a coach can't even bring in a lineman that can make a contribution...lmao.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
Damn kaos, I really didn't think you'd chomp down that hard on the bait....I knew you would take it, but...damn, lol.

But seriously, you wanna know how great of a recruiter he was...I know that he had some high ranked classes but most of those classes where top heavy with a lot of guys that never made.  Check out the OL Recruiting.  I'm not just talking about guys that couldn't make it either, I'm talking about a few classes that had only one or two Offensive Linemen in it.  One of the classes produced Zero OL...ZERO.  A position that has 5 openings and a coach can't even bring in a lineman that can make a contribution...lmao.

You're an idiot.   End of discussion.   

Moving on.  You'll keep braying the same stupid refrain no matter what. 

I appreciate your intensity.  I just wish you'd refrain from looking, acting, sounding, and thinking exactly like what you profess to hate -- a Bama fan.  There are times you should just shut your stupid piehole.  This is one of them. 

Celebrate what Auburn is doing, but shelve the juvenile shots at Tuberville. It's a disgrace to the family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
You're an idiot.   End of discussion.   

Moving on.  You'll keep braying the same stupid refrain no matter what. 

I appreciate your intensity.  I just wish you'd refrain from looking, acting, sounding, and thinking exactly like what you profess to hate -- a Bama fan.  There are times you should just shut your stupid piehole.  This is one of them. 

Celebrate what Auburn is doing, but shelve the juvenile shots at Tuberville. It's a disgrace to the family.

Yes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
It's a disgrace to the family.

Duh.  You should go read my post about him being our cross to bear, how he keeps the rest of us humble by reminding us that every fan base has at least one, whether we like to admit it or not.  We may have fewer than the turds, but we still have them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 05:30:50 PM »
Too bad some of y'all are too stupid to realize that after the '08 season we had second string walk-ons and Freshmen as our only depth nearly across the fucking board.  Whenever band members have an extra uniform "just in case" or when the flag football teams start to dwindle because the real football teams need warm bodies, then you should know, recruiting has been slipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »

My glorious visage would be a welcome addition to any edifice or living room wall.

I highly recommend it on black velvet.  Stunning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »
My glorious visage would be a welcome addition to any edifice or living room wall.

At least getting it life size doesn't cost extra.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 01:34:49 AM »

What if we put it on a furry wall?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 03:15:28 AM »
What if we put it on a furry wall?
You had a Jeffery..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
We had a wide receiver, all 140 pounds of him as our only running back.  We had an outfielder at quarterback. 

1. Don't diss the Lizard. He is an arena league icon. LOL
2. I though Gross played 3rd base at AU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
2. I though Gross played 3rd base at AU?

he did.  And a hell of one he was!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions