Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #920 on: October 24, 2016, 09:05:23 AM »
Well.  That was a mess. 

The second death completely blunted the impact of the first and essentially illustrated that Big Red was a throwaway character with a pointless story arc. 

I think this show has reached the point to where there's nothing it can do to satisfy.  It's either not violent enough or it's too violent.  It's either too engrossed in story or it's too superfluous. 

Most of the reviews of this episode are scathing.  I agree with them.  I also disagree with them.  There is no happily ever after.  We get it.  The weekly torture to prove this point is ... well.... torture.  It's also hard for me to believe that EVERY kingdom in the new world is ruled by kings of ever-increasing cruelty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #921 on: October 24, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »

I haven't seen that brand of cola in a long time. Memories...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2016, 09:34:19 AM »
Well.  That was a mess. 

The second death completely blunted the impact of the first and essentially illustrated that Big Red was a throwaway character with a pointless story arc. 

I think this show has reached the point to where there's nothing it can do to satisfy.  It's either not violent enough or it's too violent.  It's either too engrossed in story or it's too superfluous. 

Most of the reviews of this episode are scathing.  I agree with them.  I also disagree with them.  There is no happily ever after.  We get it.  The weekly torture to prove this point is ... well.... torture.  It's also hard for me to believe that EVERY kingdom in the new world is ruled by kings of ever-increasing cruelty.

Torture Pern
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Token

« Reply #923 on: October 24, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Well.  That was a mess. 

I'm ok with it if this is the last season and it ends with Negen killing each one of them off episode by episode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #924 on: October 25, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »
Fuck Glen.  Glad he's dead.  Shoulda been dead years ago.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #925 on: October 30, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »
This Nagen has some kind of stamina. Takes a heap of energy to turn a noggin into a fine slurry and this guy does two with ease.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #926 on: October 31, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »
I missed last season but have caught up with spoilers online. This show is a money-grab. That's it. It could have been amazing. Write a 4-5 season arc to make a definitive statement about humans in an apocalypse. Have us save ourselves through ingenuity (cure, war, whatever) or have us all die off. Just do something.

Instead it's a soap opera with too much soap. Glenn died? Okay. Kill em all off. What's the point? Next season is coming anyway with new conversations that are too long and random pointless action and a few nefarious villains who are awful people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #927 on: October 31, 2016, 11:36:46 PM »
So, I've never watched any of this but it's all over AMC adverts and people keep talking about it. I asked a friend who watches and he said the head bashing was in retaliation for those people killing some of his people in a preemptive attack or something. And my question is why are the people who are still alive and not zombies still fighting with each other? Doesn't look like a race thing. Is it over some hot women? Or electricity? Or some Twinkies?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:38:30 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #928 on: November 01, 2016, 01:44:07 AM »
So, I've never watched any of this but it's all over AMC adverts and people keep talking about it. I asked a friend who watches and he said the head bashing was in retaliation for those people killing some of his people in a preemptive attack or something. And my question is why are the people who are still alive and not zombies still fighting with each other? Doesn't look like a race thing. Is it over some hot women? Or electricity? Or some Twinkies?
Not about zombies. They were the original source for plot but now they are reduced to a distraction (mere props now) but it had to be some type of catastrophic pan/epidemic of some nature to drive people in clusters for preservation. And since people are basically weak in need of leadership (good or evil) you get enclaves that (trade/plunder others for survival and/or sport.
It's just a saga about human behavior and the lengths people will go to with all of the relationship crap added in. JMO.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:27:44 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #929 on: November 01, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
Not about zombies. They were the original source for plot but now they are reduced to a distraction (mere props now) but it had to be some type of catastrophic pan/epidemic of some nature to drive people in clusters for preservation. And since people are basically weak in need of leadership (good or evil) you get enclaves that (trade/plunder others for survival and/or sport.
It's just a saga about human behavior and the lengths people will go to with all of the relationship crap added in. JMO.
So, zombies are real?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #930 on: November 01, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #931 on: November 01, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »
It's dead.  I'm walking.

The show has lost its way.  Ive kept coming back since the Farm foray even but I hope this is my last.  It's not great tv any more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #932 on: November 01, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
It's dead.  I'm walking.

The show has lost its way.  Ive kept coming back since the Farm foray even but I hope this is my last.  It's not great tv any more.

i feel you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #933 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:30 PM »
I'm too invested to stop watching now. The kingdom storyline was boring as hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #934 on: November 02, 2016, 01:47:57 AM »
I'm too invested to stop watching now. The kingdom storyline was boring as hell.
Yes it is. Maybe the tiger will kill everyone and we'll live happily ever after.

Moral: Don't keep fucking tigers for pets. They will maul you and eat you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:50:11 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »
It's dead.  I'm walking.

I think you've quit this about 14 times now.

Yes it is. Maybe the tiger will kill everyone and we'll live happily ever after.

Moral: Don't keep fucking tigers for pets. They will maul you and eat you.

The community theater guy already said that he can't control the tiger.  Said it would rip the chain from his hands...and the motherfucker shows up at my front door with it after telling me that?  They both dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #936 on: November 02, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »
I think you've quit this about 14 times now.

But I'm done this time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #937 on: November 07, 2016, 04:14:24 PM »
And this time, I mean it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #938 on: November 11, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/11/the_walking_dead_star_chandler.html

'The Walking Dead' star Chandler Riggs accepted to Auburn University

Amber Sutton | asutton@al.com

Chandler Riggs, who portrays Carl on AMC's "The Walking Dead," may soon be calling the Plains home after being accepted to Auburn University.

The actor announced that he was accepted at Auburn on Sunday night through his Twitter account, saying "ayy i just got accepted in auburn." Riggs, 17, has played Carl Grimes, son of "The Walking Dead" protagonist Rick Grimes, since 2010.

"The Walking Dead" alum Jon Bernthal, who played Shane in the show's first two seasons, was quick to congratulate Riggs by sharing a throwback photo with the message "atta boy C nice. Congrats on college. I'm proud of you buddy."

For fans worried what Riggs' pursuit of higher education might mean for his character on the show, it's unlikely there's any cause for alarm. "The Walking Dead" is mostly filmed in Georgia so the young actor should be able to attend school and continue filming without too much of a hassle.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:02:22 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

friendly
funny
dislike