Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

jmar

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #800 on: March 23, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »
See I don't get that...the show has promise.   It only has 1 epsoide left. The only promising thing I have is 1 hour of my life back each week.
Season 2 was such an abomination that I never returned, just skipped ahead. My problem with this show is that there are far too many characters and subplots to keep it interesting in a given episode. It might be more enjoyable to allow it to play out and binge-watch several episodes at a time minus Matthew McConaghey, Geico and the chicken selling phones.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #801 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:51 AM »
The finale was pretty damn good.

The morale of the second half was that there is no safety. There is no security. There is no safe place.  Only the strong are going to survive. Try to,pretend it's not happening and you are food for either the dead or the living.

Morgan is a fucking badass. He may breathe some life back into this bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #802 on: March 31, 2015, 07:23:42 AM »

The morale of the second half was that there is no safety. There is no security. There is no safe place.  Only the strong are going to survive. Try to,pretend it's not happening and you are food for either the dead or the living.

Morgan is.
And those that represent the wolves want ultimate survivors like Morgan and red poncho to help them control the environment around them. How they use the dead as a distraction and a means for their own survival is yet to be fully discovered. Morgan now has that firsthand insight for Rick's group and the weaklings they inherited.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #803 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:46 PM »

Morgan is weak.  Should have killed the two deranged fucksticks. People dead because of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #804 on: March 31, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »
Morgan is weak.  Should have killed the two deranged fucksticks. People dead because of him.
Morgan probably hasn't encountered anyone like this up till now. He needs to find a new stick though. Pet zombies are now running amok and their trainers will stop at nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #805 on: March 31, 2015, 05:28:22 PM »
I thought the last episode sucked.

Carol isn't believable ...I just want to laugh. 

The hows and whys and whens and whos to get Daryl and the salad tosser out of the vehicle don't add up to a possibility.  The fact they made it to the vehicle doesn't add up. 

I agree with Kaos...Morgan is a pussy and so is Glenn.  I am just waiting for the TV series to catch up with Glenn's fate in the comics.

They should have killed off one of the main characters to end the show. 

I miss Andrea. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »
I am just waiting for the TV series to catch up with Glenn's fate in the comics.

I honestly thought Neegan and Lucille were going to appear at the end of the episode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2015, 10:37:45 AM »
I honestly thought Neegan and Lucille were going to appear at the end of the episode.

I thought they would as well until I watched the episode.  Figure there has to be the first part of next year getting everyone in Alexandria on board to the Ricktatorship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »
So I'm guessing the show will now be critiqued based on the unlimited scope of the comic series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »
So I'm guessing the show will now be critiqued based on the unlimited scope of the comic series.

for me yeah...perhaps my memory doesn't serve me well but Season 1 mirrored fairly well to the comics...perhaps Season 2.  yes, there are parallels through all seasons with the comics but i think the comics portray what people want in the TV series which it had at the beginning. 

for example...baby Judith.  What relevance does she have in the TV Series besides a compassion to the audience.  She doesn't kill.  She doesn't forage for food.  She provides nothing so communities and folks to survive and live in a world of zombies.  The comics got rid of her fairly quickly.

Rick is more of a bad ass with a prosthetic arm too.

Jarhead has a better grasp of the storyline from the comics.  My brain teh suxxor.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:41:15 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #810 on: April 02, 2015, 05:36:43 PM »
You guys read comics.  Nerds

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #811 on: April 02, 2015, 05:49:15 PM »
You guys read comics.  Nerds

:haha:

yes, and i scratch my balls while doing so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #812 on: April 02, 2015, 11:11:59 PM »
yes, and i scratch my balls while doing so.

I know where you were trying to go with that but really....reading comics while scratching your balls? 

HOOOOWWWARD

What, mom?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #813 on: April 03, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »
for me yeah...perhaps my memory doesn't serve me well but Season 1 mirrored fairly well to the comics...perhaps Season 2.  yes, there are parallels through all seasons with the comics but i think the comics portray what people want in the TV series which it had at the beginning. 

With the power of teh internets, I found that the biggest selling issue of the comics was #100, which sold 384,800 issues back in 2012 and remains the highest selling of the series. Even if each unit sold represented one person that's less than half a million people measuring the tv series by the comic. But since many comics readers are collectors and need an extra copy or two to stow in their parent's basement, I'm going to say that number is even smaller.

Compared to the 15.7 million tv viewers who caught the season 5 finale, it's fair to say that far less people measure the show based on its adherence to the comics than do.

for example...baby Judith.

I'll admit I enjoyed the TV series in a totally different way before I started reading the comics but that isn't due to wishing they'd adhere to them more- it's because they stick to it in ways that mean I now know the major plot points before they're reached. The first 3 seasons were all new territory for me and that made the show really intriguing. I almost want to stop reading the comics to regain a little of that unknown, but nahhh.

I think it boils down to which media you consume first. I'll be the first to admit, I've still never read Jurassic Park... I've seen the movie dozens of times. It's a classic. But most say the book is better. Maybe one day I'll find out but it's not going to make me enjoy the movie any less.

I know most commenters in this thread stopped watching back in 2011, but regardless, if any comic guys caught the second half of this season you should be happy since it was almost a page for page reenactment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #814 on: April 06, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »
I liked the season finally and Vicky Valencourt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #815 on: April 07, 2015, 06:49:28 AM »
She's da debil!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »
She showed me her boobies and I liked them!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #818 on: September 23, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »
So I ran across the first two episodes of this show today. 

Holy shit it was so awesome from the jump.  Two riveting episodes.  The acting was a little weak and the SFX isn't as good as it came to be later. 

But those two episodes are why I'm still watching.  I hope they recapture some of that.  Just some. 

I got continuity questions from this though.  Will ponder them for another post. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #819 on: September 23, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
So I ran across the first two episodes of this show today. 

Holy shit it was so awesome from the jump.  Two riveting episodes.  The acting was a little weak and the SFX isn't as good as it came to be later. 

But those two episodes are why I'm still watching.  I hope they recapture some of that.  Just some. 

I got continuity questions from this though.  Will ponder them for another post.

Did you watch the season sneak peak this go around? Seems to be a goodn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions