Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #740 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:19 AM »
Why? Are you saying a dude with a thick southern accent and a mullet couldn't possibly be a scientist?

Well let's just say that it's a low percentage bet in this particular instance.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:15:50 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #741 on: November 11, 2014, 11:57:21 AM »
I think it was supposed to be obvious that Mullet Head was a liar.  I mean, if it wasn't, that's the worst constructed character of all time.  And even though The Walking Dead has come close to constructing some of the worst characters of all time, I don't think they'd be that bad at setting up a plot twist. 

I liked the focus on Abe.  I think we could have used more of that in this show.  Kind of a Lost thing, but as long as they didn't overdo it like Lost, it would have been interesting to see how each character was affected by the outbreak. 

And the sex scene was gold.  I was in tears when they cut to Mullet Head peaking through the books.

It was obvious he was lying, but because of Abe's need to protect someone/have a mission the force of Abe's conviction convinced the others.  What does suicidal Abe do now that he's rudderless again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #742 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »
It was obvious he was lying, but because of Abe's need to protect someone/have a mission the force of Abe's conviction convinced the others.  What does suicidal Abe do now that he's rudderless again?

Lead the fight?

They have to do something with Mullet Head.  Seasons 2 and 3 Walking Dead would have him mope around for the rest of the series until he's finally killed by a walker or Governor-villain.

This version of Walking Dead?  I foresee his MacGyver abilities being used to blow shit up.  Abe and Mullet Head lead the charge against the Walkers.  Fuck surviving.  Time to go on the offensive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #743 on: November 13, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
OK, so I had no trouble believing Mullet Head's story right up until this episode.  I just figured him for some idiot savant type - with him saying he is from Houston, and with our huge medical center, that was not a stretch for me.  Lots of incredibly smart people wander around down there with their fly unzipped.  He does seem MacGyver-esque at times, and the water hose thing was brilliant - and also one of the coolest scenes they've done in a while in terms of dealing with a herd.  So mullet and country accent aside, I didn't have a problem with it.

What tipped me at the beginning of this episode was the thing about missiles and deployment and "It's classified".

And yeah, not sure what the Sarge does now.  Getting to DC was his reason for living.  Without a mission, he's lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #744 on: November 13, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »
OK, so I had no trouble believing Mullet Head's story right up until this episode.  I just figured him for some idiot savant type - with him saying he is from Houston, and with our huge medical center, that was not a stretch for me.  Lots of incredibly smart people wander around down there with their fly unzipped.  He does seem MacGyver-esque at times, and the water hose thing was brilliant - and also one of the coolest scenes they've done in a while in terms of dealing with a herd.  So mullet and country accent aside, I didn't have a problem with it.

What tipped me at the beginning of this episode was the thing about missiles and deployment and "It's classified".

And yeah, not sure what the Sarge does now.  Getting to DC was his reason for living.  Without a mission, he's lost.

My guess is Glenn has to take the lead for a bit and they go back to Ricks group but I still think they head for DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #745 on: November 17, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »
Well, it looks like last nights episode was dedicated to Carol. I like Carol but I was bored watching this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #746 on: November 17, 2014, 04:31:10 PM »
Well, it looks like last nights episode was dedicated to Carol. I like Carol but I was bored watching this one.

I went to sleep on it.  When I awoke I was told I didn't miss anything.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #747 on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:24 PM »
I went to sleep on it.  When I awoke I was told I didn't miss anything.

You didn't. Basically, the last two weeks have been setting up the last two episodes for this half of the season. Thats right, only two more until the mid season finale.

The only real new info is the unknown person with Daryl coming from the wood line is Noah, the young black dude that escaped from the hospital. They haven't showed it yet but one of the last scenes was these two riding back to Rick in a truck for some back-up. Oh, and Carol got hit by the only car on the ATL streets. That is how she ended up with Beth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #748 on: November 17, 2014, 07:22:13 PM »
You didn't. Basically, the last two weeks have been setting up the last two episodes for this half of the season. Thats right, only two more until the mid season finale.

The only real new info is the unknown person with Daryl coming from the wood line is Noah, the young black dude that escaped from the hospital. They haven't showed it yet but one of the last scenes was these two riding back to Rick in a truck for some back-up. Oh, and Carol got hit by the only car on the ATL streets. That is how she ended up with Beth.

The show is stuck in the ickiest of mud puddles with racing slicks.

The comic keeps me grounded.  I can't give up on the show though... I'm still attracted to the past and potential.  I feel as I'm part of the apocalypse now.  I'll be there at the finish line just might be asleep though.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #749 on: November 17, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

The comic keeps me grounded.  I can't give up on the show though... I'm still attracted to the past and potential.  I feel as I'm part of the apocalypse now.  I'll be there at the finish line just might be asleep though.   

Yeah, Ima stick with it for sure. Too much damn time invested in the show at this point. I'm hoping for some action the next two weeks for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #750 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »

That is some high quality contributions to the board, Nook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #751 on: November 17, 2014, 11:41:57 PM »
Finally got to sit down tonight and watch this past Sunday's show. I liked it. I like the ones with explorations of Atlanta in full on survival mode. I even like the back story episodes when you get new little details.

It beats walking thru the woods.

I gotta say - the long view shot of post apocalypse Atlanta always creeps me out. I've made that drive with that view too many times.

Here's another thought. What happens to zombies in winter - the snow?  Surely their tissues and blood and stuff would freeze solid. I wonder if that would be enough to kill them? 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:49:57 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #752 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:18 AM »
What happens to zombies in winter - the snow?  Surely their tissues and blood and stuff would freeze solid. I wonder if that would be enough to kill them?

Governor kept heads in fishbowls, and when Michonne broke them, they attempted to bite her, so I'm guessing that being underwater doesn't effect them at all.

I've wondered about snow as well.  Like the safest place to be on land in the Zombie Apocalypse would be Alaska.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #753 on: November 18, 2014, 08:13:01 AM »

Here's another thought. What happens to zombies in winter - the snow?  Surely their tissues and blood and stuff would freeze solid. I wonder if that would be enough to kill them?

Wouldn't that have already happened?  Hasn't at least one winter passed at this point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #754 on: November 18, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »
Wouldn't that have already happened?  Hasn't at least one winter passed at this point?

But we've only seen them in Georgia, could have been a mild winter, I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #755 on: November 18, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »
But we've only seen them in Georgia, could have been a mild winter, I suppose.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #756 on: November 18, 2014, 11:33:49 AM »
This is from the Walking Dead wiki:

The characters have acknowledged and discussed the lack of undead mobility and presence during the Winter months

Seems like the show could at least acknowledge that shit cools down in the winter.  Maybe even make that part of the show.  Have to find safe shelter to ride out until the winter. 

It also presents a plot issue.  If humans get 2-3 months in the South or 4-6 months in the North of life without walkers, how hard would it be to put together a safe community with plentiful supplies?  You could move to North Dakota and in a few months time with enough people put life back together.  Shit, find an engineer and I bet you could get the power turned back on. 

There are enough logical leaps in the story to just say the walkers aren't affected by the cold.  Would close up those plot holes quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #757 on: November 18, 2014, 12:28:52 PM »
You could move to North Dakota

You thought it was bad at Hershel's Farm?  Imagine a season when they are in Fargo, and if you go outside for more than 20 minutes, you get frostbite.  They'd be stuck in one place for 6 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #758 on: November 18, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
If humans get 2-3 months in the South or 4-6 months in the North of life without walkers, how hard would it be to put together a safe community with plentiful supplies?  You could move to North Dakota and in a few months time with enough people put life back together.  Shit, find an engineer and I bet you could get the power turned back on. 

Exactly.  If nothing else, the liquid - blood, whatever - inside them would freeze at some temperature.  I'd be curious to know if they "reanimate' after they thaw out. 

If I am the group in ATL, I find a way to get further up north and out of those GA woods where there's a walker behind every tree.  Also - what did our little band of survivors do during the winter?  No way to heat that prison - can't light a fire inside.  No hot water.  Didn't see anyone in coats and jackets and such.  Given how cold it is for this little Southern girl right now, I'd like to see some writer's take on how we would survive winter during the zombie infestation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #759 on: November 18, 2014, 12:33:48 PM »
You thought it was bad at Hershel's Farm?  Imagine a season when they are in Fargo, and if you go outside for more than 20 minutes, you get frostbite.  They'd be stuck in one place for 6 months.

Like I said in my other post - how do you survive a winter in that damp, dark, cold prison?  No way to heat a small enough space to keep everyone - plus a baby! - warm.

I wouldn't go as far as ND, but I would move further north than GA.  Missouri looks pretty cold and snowy right now too but not Fargo level cold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions