Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #720 on: November 04, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
There was some hinting that Dawn answers to someone else.

I noticed that too but for some reason I was thinking it was more of a conflict b/w her and the now dead horny cop? Dunno, but now that Carol is in the house, shit is about to get real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #721 on: November 04, 2014, 04:08:34 PM »
I noticed that too but for some reason I was thinking it was more of a conflict b/w her and the now dead horny cop? Dunno, but now that Carol is in the house, shit is about to get real.

Agreed.  Guessing that the person Daryl said to come out is the black kid, and Rick and Company are going to attack that hospital to rescue Beth and Carol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #722 on: November 04, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »
There was some hinting that Dawn answers to someone else.

Yup.

However, subtle hints and the Talking Dead are no excuse for the sloppy editing/directing/ or writing that plagues every 4th or 5th episode.

That said, a weak episode doesn't ruin anything for me. Casting is spot on and the show great overall. Being a fan of the comics, my biggest gripe is due to the fact that certain plot points have simply not been conveyed as well or as impactful on film as on paper. As good an episode as it was, "Four Walls and a Roof" comes to mind.

Knowing the fine job he's done to this point in the comics, I just think Robert Kirkman could use a few more script proofers on the payroll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #723 on: November 04, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
Agreed.  Guessing that the person Daryl said to come out is the black kid, and Rick and Company are going to attack that hospital to rescue Beth and Carol.

Hopefully not.  I mean, some more bombs and explosions would be nice, but GO TO FUCKING DC. 

It looks though like next week will be the DC bus with some hijinks.  Then the third to last episode will be Rick and the group making their way to Atlanta.  Then the 2nd to last episode will be DC bus group meeting up with Rick somehow on the way to Atlanta.  Then the final episode is rescuing Beth and Carol, except knowing the current writers, they'll get to the hospital only to find Carol is wearing Dawn's head while feeding the police officers to the walkers. 

No clue what goes on in the comics, but as a TV show with limited greenlight time, they should take off to DC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #724 on: November 04, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »

Yeah, makes sense why Daryl hasn't shown who that person was just yet. I don't think Carol is really hurt though. I'm thinking she is faking just to get in the hospital.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #725 on: November 04, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
Yeah, makes sense why Daryl hasn't shown who that person was just yet. I don't think Carol is really hurt though. I'm thinking she is faking just to get in the hospital.

Agreed. And I feel like one of them is not going to make it. But who knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #726 on: November 06, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »
Beth is so one dimensional.  She started out with that creepy psycho vibe back on the farm, and now they are trying to rehabilitate that - but all she does is stare around wide eyed at stuff. Someone tries to shove a lollipop in my mouth?  He's gone. 

The doctor needs to stick around a little bit too.  He's got a story.

The black nurse kid was much better as a character, and much more personable.  Would have liked to have learned more about him - I hope he, like Tyrese, continues to break the black men gots to die theme. 

Anyone else think the Sergeant looks like a character straight out of a GI Joe comic?  Big, burly, unnaturally ginger hair in a brush cut, massive moustache.  All he needs is a slimy chewed cigar in the corner of his mouth and he could be an action figure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #727 on: November 06, 2014, 01:25:43 PM »
Beth is so one dimensional.  She started out with that creepy psycho vibe back on the farm, and now they are trying to rehabilitate that - but all she does is stare around wide eyed at stuff. Someone tries to shove a lollipop in my mouth?  He's gone. 

The doctor needs to stick around a little bit too.  He's got a story.

The black nurse kid was much better as a character, and much more personable.  Would have liked to have learned more about him - I hope he, like Tyrese, continues to break the black men gots to die theme. 

Anyone else think the Sergeant looks like a character straight out of a GI Joe comic?  Big, burly, unnaturally ginger hair in a brush cut, massive moustache.  All he needs is a slimy chewed cigar in the corner of his mouth and he could be an action figure.

Yes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #728 on: November 06, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »
Don't care much for the Beth character, but I'd like to help her repopulate the world. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #729 on: November 06, 2014, 07:01:30 PM »
Don't care much for the Beth character, but I'd like to help her repopulate the world. 

Thats my job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #730 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:57 AM »
So who didn't see that shit with mullet head coming?  Gotta say I was calling bullshit on it the whole way.  Either he was not who he said he was or the casting agent needed to be taken out back and horse whipped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #731 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
So who didn't see that shit with mullet head coming?  Gotta say I was calling bullshit on it the whole way.  Either he was not who he said he was or the casting agent needed to be taken out back and horse whipped.

Watched the first 10 mins of the Talking Dead last night afterwards. Mullet was lying all along. He is smarter than you, but he is also lying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #732 on: November 10, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »

Didn't figure there was much chance he knew what to do. 

But I didn't really need the backstory on Big Red either.  It didn't tell me anything and was awkwardly interspersed with scenes from the current time. 

Also didn't need to see him laying the ginger pipe to Mexicali Soup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #733 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »
Didn't figure there was much chance he knew what to do. 

But I didn't really need the backstory on Big Red either.  It didn't tell me anything and was awkwardly interspersed with scenes from the current time. 

Also didn't need to see him laying the ginger pipe to Mexicali Soup.

I think it was supposed to be obvious that Mullet Head was a liar.  I mean, if it wasn't, that's the worst constructed character of all time.  And even though The Walking Dead has come close to constructing some of the worst characters of all time, I don't think they'd be that bad at setting up a plot twist. 

I liked the focus on Abe.  I think we could have used more of that in this show.  Kind of a Lost thing, but as long as they didn't overdo it like Lost, it would have been interesting to see how each character was affected by the outbreak. 

And the sex scene was gold.  I was in tears when they cut to Mullet Head peaking through the books. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #734 on: November 10, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
I categorize it as a victimless crime, really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #735 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
I thought the last 2 episodes sucked. 

Uncle Sani, aren't you reading the comics?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #736 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »
Uncle Sani, aren't you reading the comics?

Yea.  So is Jarhead I believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #737 on: November 10, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »
Yea.  So is Jarhead I believe.

I am Nookie's crack dealer with the comics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #738 on: November 10, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »
I thought the last 2 episodes sucked. 

Said every person since the second season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #739 on: November 10, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »
Why? Are you saying a dude with a thick southern accent and a mullet couldn't possibly be a scientist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions