Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #660 on: October 13, 2014, 10:51:02 AM »
Carol was screaming Look at the flowers....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #661 on: October 13, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
Eh...I thought we'd get more play from the whole Terminus group.

It was a lot of setup for the herd to play the part of destroyer (with a little help from Carol).
Thankfully. Not the setup part. But the fact that the show finally moved at a watchable pace. The past few seasons would have spent 16 hours telling the exact same story they just told in one. It would have been every scene we just saw, except with 15 hours of pouting and boring conversations between the lead characters. Maybe a few extra meaningless zombie attacks, in which the protagonists fight of 10+ at a time each to fill up the "In Memoriam" scene on Talking Dead.

I like that they brought it with this episode and was like "Here's a thing. And it's gone. Moving on to the next thing." I hope that pace continues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #662 on: October 13, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »
I think the whole point of Terminus was to show that you can't turn your back on ANYONE anymore, not the living, not the dead.  There is no sanctuary, it's total Lord of the Flies, society ain't ever gonna be like it was.  It is truly "Butcher or Cattle".  I think this will change completely the way the little group interacts with others. 

Then... add in the doc with his "I might be able to fix this" and you have polar opposite mindsets.  Something has to give.

Plus, as with the Governor, we did not see the guy Rick promised to kill with a red handled machete actually die - we saw him go down.  But he was on a roof - as long as the door isn't opened, they may not be walker food. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #663 on: October 13, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »
Plus, as with the Governor, we did not see the guy Rick promised to kill with a red handled machete actually die - we saw him go down.  But he was on a roof - as long as the door isn't opened, they may not be walker food.

There were scenes of that actor in the trailer.  Scenes that didn't appear in last nights episode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #664 on: October 13, 2014, 02:34:04 PM »
There were scenes of that actor in the trailer.  Scenes that didn't appear in last nights episode.

Correct. Plus the final scene just sought to lay the foundation of the whole Terminus crews' backstory which will be built on for at least part of this season.  There will be more hipster Gareth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #665 on: October 13, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »
Thankfully. Not the setup part. But the fact that the show finally moved at a watchable pace. The past few seasons would have spent 16 hours telling the exact same story they just told in one. It would have been every scene we just saw, except with 15 hours of pouting and boring conversations between the lead characters. Maybe a few extra meaningless zombie attacks, in which the protagonists fight of 10+ at a time each to fill up the "In Memoriam" scene on Talking Dead.

I like that they brought it with this episode and was like "Here's a thing. And it's gone. Moving on to the next thing." I hope that pace continues.

Meh. Six one way, half a dozen the other. Had the story thus far been told in the manner described above, people would just be complaining it was too fast paced and not enough of the characters' personal struggles were being hashed out. 

I'm of the opinion that the episode could only function at the faster pace because of the prior seasons' design of slowing down to build the story. In a way, the Season 5 premier could have easily been the Season 4 finale.

And now its time Rick became the butcher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #666 on: October 13, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
Best episode of the entire series imo, to the point I'm watching the encore. That was great.

opinions are like your children ...every lady you poked has one.   

i would put season 1 episodes all ahead of this one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #667 on: October 13, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »

I agree, and part, I think, to how it deviated from the source.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #668 on: October 13, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »

I didn't watch the trailer - I don't like even that much of a spoiler.  So thanks for ruining it for me, bro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #669 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »
I didn't watch the trailer - I don't like even that much of a spoiler.  So thanks for ruining it for me, bro.

You're really going to freak out when Rick dies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #670 on: October 13, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »

Not all of them, just the ones I claim.

Its been a while since I have watched season 1 but I would agree partly just because season 1 was what got me hooked on the show. It has been a while since the action was much more fasted pace like last nights episode.

I still can't stand the numerous commercial. That shit gets irritating. 5 mins of show, 5 mins of commercial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #671 on: October 13, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
Not all of them, just the ones I claim.

Its been a while since I have watched season 1 but I would agree partly just because season 1 was what got me hooked on the show. It has been a while since the action was much more fasted pace like last nights episode.

I still can't stand the numerous commercial. That shit gets irritating. 5 mins of show, 5 mins of commercial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #672 on: October 13, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »
Most watched episode wow. http://t.co/jtIglylXXF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #673 on: October 13, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »

True but its kind of hard to use when watching the show in real time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Great episode.  I feel like the final half of last season helped the show find its niche. Hopefully it keeps this pace.

I don't know how the comic book plot line goes, but I hope the group now embarks on a journey to Washington.  That's what this show needs.  Quests.  A purpose.  We've seen the "just survive" angle, and for the most part, it's boring and they've exhausted the "everyone is shitty but Rick's group" story lines. 

You can do a lot with scenery changes.  Move into the Smokey Mountains or the coast of South Carolina.  Do more with massive herds like the one Darryl's group stumbled on last season. 

Also, a Last of Us angle could be nice.  Have the group find someone who's been bit but didn't turn. 

I like the promise though.  Let's hope it keeps up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

« Reply #675 on: October 14, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
You're really going to freak out when Rick dies.

Hey, y'all, I have a Jayne hat made with my own two little hands that no longer has an owner...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #676 on: October 16, 2014, 07:37:58 AM »
Hey, y'all, I have a Jayne hat made with my own two little hands that no longer has an owner...

Yes it does....Opa needs one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #677 on: October 16, 2014, 07:39:31 AM »
Finally sat down and watched this last night.  Damn good episode.  Have a couple of issues though.

The fuckers with rifles are still not aiming.  They are shooting from the hip and getting head shots.

I'm with Rick.  You go back in and finish it.  They do not get to live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
The fuckers with rifles are still not aiming.  They are shooting from the hip and getting head shots.

They also get one shot, one kill when riding in the back of a Jeep, going 50 MPH, off road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #679 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
I'm with Rick.  You go back in and finish it.  They do not get to live.

There are very few cultures in the history of man that were all "no big deal" in re cannibalism.  If these folks have gone that far down the rabbit hole of "FUBAR", then yeah.  TO quote the noted philosopher Jayne Cobb, "Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?"  You'd be doing these sick bastards a favor.  Per Algonquian Indian legend, they will just turn into a Wendigo anyway. And whenever Indians look at you and say "Dude, that's SICK..." you have achieved something.

A Wendigo is a demonic half-beast creature appearing in the legends of the Algonquian peoples along the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes Region of both the United States and Canada. The creature or spirit could either possess characteristics of a human or a monster that had physically transformed from a person. It is particularly associated with cannibalism. The Algonquian believed those who indulged in eating human flesh were at particular risk; the legend appears to have reinforced the taboo of the practice of cannibalism. It is often described in Algonquian mythology as a balance of nature.

Zombies AND Wendigos?  Too much.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:10:32 AM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions