Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:52 PM »
Beth appears to be 18 on the show...was 16 in season 2, and in season 4 is 18, if this Wiki is correct.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Beth_Greene

The actress is 28, FYI.

Yes.  18 on the show.  And 28 in reality.

I feel much better now. And less creepy.

Oh and then there's this.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:21:07 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #621 on: March 10, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »
Also, I don't think the show is going there but just compassion and unity of friends. 

You was wrong, brah. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #622 on: March 10, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
You was wrong, brah.

The only place this show is going right now is in the toilet.  The suckage of the last two shows cannot be measured by mortal man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2014, 12:46:05 AM »
Fuck this show. I refused to watch it forever, then I finally fall to the howling of what a great show it is. Binge watch it from season 1 to catch up during this mid-season break just to catch up to this bullshit?  Fuck them.  Fuck the characters, fuck the writers. Fuck them all.  I hope the show ends with the final character being eaten by a zombie wolf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #624 on: March 12, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
You was wrong, brah.

not yet, trebek. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #625 on: March 29, 2014, 06:48:26 AM »
I FINALLY FINALLY got caught up tonight. Cold meds gave me insomnia, so I watched six straight hours.

I liked it. I like the separate groups, each having adventures, getting their survival groove back.

I like the red headed Sergeant. Do NOT LIKE the idiot savant Elvis. But Sarge is ok.

I had been screaming to take the kid out WELL before Carol had to. That was way overdue. People on FB were all aghast about it, but she was a damaged PSYCHOPATH. How would you ever sleep again around her? 

I like the Terminus angle. But it is gonna be dark as hell, I think.  I'm thinking something like Misery. Or Bates Motel. 

Side note:  how many of you caught that Mary is Tasha Yar from ST:NG?  She had sex with a damn android on that show, which clearly indicates she ain't right.  So I have high hopes for teh crayzees.

Yeah, I'll stick it out, yet again. Hope this finale does not suck.

The finale also means that True Blood Final season and Longmire Season 3 are on deck.  I know there are mixed opinions on True Blood here, but if you aren't watching Longmire, you're missing out. I even won Sani over; not only is he watching the shows, he's read all the books too, and they are Awesome.

So I am happy and satiated for now. But they better not fuck up the season finale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2014, 12:02:25 AM »
Did you think the painting that Michonne found in the house is Mary?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2014, 01:01:13 AM »
Someone on FB posted that the pic was Mary. The other paintings were of sunflowers, like are found in Terminus, and two rabbits, a la Lizzie. Another was the white dog Beth and Daryl saw.

I do not get why Beth took off and left Daryl. Makes no sense. If he had wanted to jump her, he could have already. She's a nut job anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Someone on FB posted that the pic was Mary. The other paintings were of sunflowers, like are found in Terminus, and two rabbits, a la Lizzie. Another was the white dog Beth and Daryl saw.

I do not get why Beth took off and left Daryl. Makes no sense. If he had wanted to jump her, he could have already. She's a nut job anyway.

Beth didn't.  Was kidnapped. And I'd have been doing her in that house. 

Rumor I've heard lately is that Carl dies tonight.  Supposedly was let slip on some talk show (there are so many of them now).  Doubt it happens but if it does, I predicted it first. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #629 on: March 31, 2014, 12:29:22 AM »
Beth didn't.  Was kidnapped. And I'd have been doing her in that house. 

Rumor I've heard lately is that Carl dies tonight.  Supposedly was let slip on some talk show (there are so many of them now).  Doubt it happens but if it does, I predicted it first.

Sorry if this ruins it for you (spoiler but not really but it is), but Carl is the only safe character.  The comic writer has said so since starting the series.  Maybe the TV show will do it right and kill him, but I doubt it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:11 AM »
Season finale thoughts -

- The last line was lame as shit, but supposedly it's from a big moment in the comics where Rick says, "They're fucking with the wrong people" which would have been 100 times better. 

- I liked this half of season 4 more than seasons 2 and 3 and 4.5.  I still don't trust the show.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the first four episodes of next season involving conversations inside the train car. 

- What the hell was the point of the farming scenes?  Just to show that they're the good guys?  I was waiting for a big reveal with Carl's hat.  Like the hat fell off because Carl had a grenade hidden inside and it was going to be the escape plan for season 5 episode 1.  But no.  Just a weak attempt at deep dialogue. 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:46:43 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2014, 02:16:18 AM »
That was 8 episodes where nothing happened but breaking them up just to re-unite them. Look at the flowers....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »
Gaaaak...I kept waiting for something good this half season.  Other than Carol shooting the girl...nothing.
The whole Terminus situation was forced and badly acted out to boot.  I'm not sure I'll be back when it cranks up again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #633 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
Season finale thoughts -

- The last line was lame as shoot, but supposedly it's from a big moment in the comics where Rick says, "They're fudgeing with the wrong people" which would have been 100 times better. 

On the aftershow, dude said they shot it this way a bunch of times but the FCC said no.  Didn't say no to Breaking Bad, but it was on an hour later so maybe that was the trick.  Only shot it one time the way it was finally shown.

- I liked this half of season 4 more than seasons 2 and 3 and 4.5.  I still don't trust the show.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the first four episodes of next season involving conversations inside the train car. 

There's lots of conversation, but people keep getting offed so that's ok I guess. We still don't know where Carol, baby and Tyrese are, whether Beth took the car (how'd she learn to drive if she did because she was 14 when this started) or she was taken.  We don't know why there are still lone survivors wearing glasses wandering the woods.  Or why you'd stay in the freaking woods in the first place. Or why you wouldn't sleep in trees because the shambling zombies can't climb. Or why you couldn't just get some high ground and defend it. Or why.. there's a lots of whys that that don't make sense to me.  But I can get over that.

- What the hell was the point of the farming scenes?  Just to show that they're the good guys?  I was waiting for a big reveal with Carl's hat.  Like the hat fell off because Carl had a grenade hidden inside and it was going to be the escape plan for season 5 episode 1.  But no.  Just a weak attempt at deep dialogue.

Allegedly to illustrate the shift in the Rick persona from Farmer Dan to Rick the Ripper. To show that no matter what he thought, the old ways are over. Got to be a stone killer to survive in the post-outbreak world.  Shift of focus from thrive to merely survive at whatever cost that might be to others.  Except soylent green. No thanks on that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #634 on: March 31, 2014, 01:58:55 PM »
I liked the season finale.....outside all the damn commercials.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:51 PM »
Season finale thoughts -

- The last line was lame as shit, but supposedly it's from a big moment in the comics where Rick says, "They're fucking with the wrong people" which would have been 100 times better. 

Basically what Kaos said: 

You could tell that they wanted to say "fucking with".  Obvious as shoot.  It would have been pretty dramatic. 

The farming scene was why Herschel had to die.  Herschel was always the pacifist.  Always Rick's conscience.  Herschel was old and wanted to be settled down again.  Thought he'd be safe behind the fence.  Thought Glenn and Maggie could pop out some little half breed kids and he could dandle them on his one good knee.  After all they had been through, Rick wanted so much to believe.  He had Judith to think about, and was wanting to connect with Carl again, and keep him from turning into the psycho serial killer we all know is coming.  He knows the Gov is still out there, but is gonna leave that to Michonne.

So they put away their swords and picked up their plowshares and commenced to farmin'.  They form an HOA.  And lo, for a while, it was good.

Then Herschel gets Rick to bring in the pigs.  And the pigs get the flu and people get the flu and half the group dies and it all starts to unravel.  And Carol kills two people.  And Lizzie is torturing rats.  And another string unravels.  And the fences cave in, and more people get eaten and the thread is unraveling on its own at a pretty fast clip, and Rick is helpless.  He doesn't want stone cold Rick to come back.  He's worried about Carl.

And then the Gov shows up and blows up the prison and whacks off Herschel's head.  All the happy little farmers are scattered to the four winds and those who aren't shot or eaten are on the run and desperate again.  Rick feels the demon coming again, and when the deliverance crew shows up, Rick feeds the demon.  That was some desperate sick shit right there, and it was absolutely perfect.  When you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you - so when faced with losing his son in the most heinous way possible, Rick goes full on zombie.  I loved the fact that he sat there for a while and had a long conversation with Daryl without cleaning the blood off his entire face.  Pretty awesome.  Honey Badger Rick don't give a shit.

And the people in Terminus are not going to know what hit them.  With the redheaded Sergeant and Daryl by his side, I believe the time for conversating is over.  Rick is gonna do what the censors wouldn't let him say, and fuck some shit up.  Carol and Tyrese are still loose, as far as we know, so there's a wild card right there.  I'd feel better if Daryl was on the outside looking in, but Carol is looking into the abyss too.

I think next season should be epic. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:01:28 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #636 on: March 31, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
Really good write up, TW. 

Though I don't know if the red headed stepchild will be much help.  They're portrayed him as more goofy than hardass. 

Tyrese has a hammer.  That could come into play. 

I do wish we had more of a group like this than the chit-chatting group we've had the past few years:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #637 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »
I think next season should be epic.

I stopped watching a long time ago when I became bored to tears...

However, you people have said this shit about every season and half season since the first half of Season 2.

It ain't happening. Y'all want it to happen so bad...hell, I did too...but it ain't happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #638 on: April 02, 2014, 05:33:18 PM »
Spoiler alert. Guess Rick should have lost his hand by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #639 on: April 02, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »
I stopped watching a long time ago when I became bored to tears...

However, you people have said this shoot about every season and half season since the first half of Season 2.

It ain't happening. Y'all want it to happen so bad...hell, I did too...but it ain't happening.

Different kind of epic.  Finally realized they are taking a two hour movie and stretching it over ten years.  I'm ok with the pace now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions