funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #601 on: October 27, 2013, 11:22:17 PM »
I can't stand those after-show specials AMC tries to push.  Maybe Manson being loaded made it worth watching.

Loved it tonight.  The Carol storyline is retarded, but the million man zombie march was great.  Also love the preview for next week.  One group is running for their lives.  Looks like Rick and Carol have to go out for supplies on their own. 

I do wish one of the people with Darryl was a minor character.  One of them needs to die, and I doubt it's Ty since he has to go after Carol.  It won't be DeAngelo since he's a decently known actor who is knew to the show.  Definitely won't be Michonne or Darryl. 

Rick sucks though.  He's a waste of screen time.  I was hoping for some kind of real detective work in figuring out who killed Karen, but nope.  Just some random looking around and then finding blood on the door.  They could have evolved his character there.  The Detective Zombie Killer.  But nah.  Just same ole bad accent, do nothing guy. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »
My daughter decided to start watching the show tonight.  She's 13, about to be 14.  Midway through she says:

"I don't like the greasy guy doing the really bad Batman accent. Is he gonna die soon?" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #603 on: October 31, 2013, 05:01:19 PM »
My daughter decided to start watching the show tonight.  She's 13, about to be 14.  Midway through she says:

"Dad, I'm old enough to wear makeup now - can I borrow some of yours?"

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #604 on: October 31, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #605 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
Outstanding episode to wrap up the first half of the season.  Just outstanding.  Makes suffering through all the other dreck worth it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #606 on: December 02, 2013, 06:34:09 PM »
Outstanding episode to wrap up the first half of the season.  Just outstanding.  Makes suffering through all the other dreck worth it.

^^This^^^

I was almost ready to give up on it before last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #607 on: December 03, 2013, 12:53:56 AM »
^^This^^^

I was almost ready to give up on it before last night.
One of the top 5 episodes in the series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #608 on: December 03, 2013, 01:58:59 PM »
Kind of more surprised by the Governor's death than Hershel's.

The Governor was the driving force. The villain. It's like killing off the Joker.

I didn't realize he was ever killed off in the comics.

I know the stories are very different, but was it about at this point in the series where he was killed, or was it much later?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #609 on: December 03, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
I know the stories are very different, but was it about at this point in the series where he was killed, or was it much later?

In the comic, Michonne tortures the Governor for awhile before he is able to find the prison, but after he has already met Rick's group when they come to Woodbury.  Once he does find the prison, the Governor makes an assault on the prison, fails, retreats, and then comes back with a tank.

The second assault is a bloody massacre that leaves the prison uninhabitable, and eventually the Governor's group turns on him and kills him.

So he does die in the comic about the same time that he did in the series, although the comic probably didn't go through the plot as quickly as the TV series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

chinook

« Reply #610 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »
In the comic, Michonne tortures the Governor for awhile before he is able to find the prison, but after he has already met Rick's group when they come to Woodbury.  Once he does find the prison, the Governor makes an assault on the prison, fails, retreats, and then comes back with a tank.

The second assault is a bloody massacre that leaves the prison uninhabitable, and eventually the Governor's group turns on him and kills him.

So he does die in the comic about the same time that he did in the series, although the comic probably didn't go through the plot as quickly as the TV series.

In the comics, the Governor is killed almost halfway through the series by Lilly during the assault on the prison.

From my perspective, the TV series and comic followed fairly closely in TV seasons 1 and some in 2 but the TV series spent to much time in plots and story arcs.  It wasn't until Sunday's episode before things started to resemble the comic, again.  The tank...Carl and Rick looking back at the prison...Herschel dying though being shot by the governor.  Things different to note...Lori was killed in the prison assault...Andrea is still alive too and is much a very important part in the comics, presently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #611 on: December 04, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
The show will benefit greatly getting out of the prison.

Also, splitting up the groups will hopefully force them all to go different directions.  I think The Walking Dead could benefit from a Game of Thrones type of storytelling.  No more long winded conversations between two characters.  There are so many different places to touch on and if the writers were smart, they'd deviate further from the comics and start killing most of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #612 on: December 05, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
The show will benefit greatly getting out of the prison.

Also, splitting up the groups will hopefully force them all to go different directions.  I think The Walking Dead could benefit from a Game of Thrones type of storytelling.  No more long winded conversations between two characters.  There are so many different places to touch on and if the writers were smart, they'd deviate further from the comics and start killing most of them.

If she were topless the entire time, then Maggie could talk as long as she wanted.

Also, Rick's dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #613 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:14 PM »
What in the blue fuck was that?

Did they just concede to the Oscars?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #614 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:24 PM »
What in the blue fuck was that?

Did they just concede to the Oscars?
For once, I'd have to agree with the nay sayers.  That episode was lame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #615 on: March 03, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »
So, Darryl, you're a shit head redneck who has survived as the badass in a zombie apocalypse.  You find yourself secluded in the woods alone with what may be one of the last attractive 17 year olds on the planet, and she's in the mood to get drunk and do things she knows she's not supposed to do. 

And you decide to throw a temper tantrum and shoot arrows at a zombie. 

Not the worst episode in the series, but the sexual tension they decided to build in that episode only to end with abso-fucking-lutely nothing of importance occurring was extremely lame. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #616 on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:22 PM »
So, Darryl, you're a shit head redneck who has survived as the badass in a zombie apocalypse.  You find yourself secluded in the woods alone with what may be one of the last attractive 17 year olds on the planet, and she's in the mood to get drunk and do things she knows she's not supposed to do. 

And you decide to throw a temper tantrum and shoot arrows at a zombie. 

Not the worst episode in the series, but the sexual tension they decided to build in that episode only to end with abso-fucking-lutely nothing of importance occurring was extremely lame.

Is Beth 17?

If so, I feel less weird about the creepy pedo vibe on this storyline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #617 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
Is Beth 17?

If so, I feel less weird about the creepy pedo vibe on this storyline.

I saw that on another site, so I assume it's true. 

And I believe Georgia's age of consent is 16 or 17 if we're going to get nitpicky about it. 

This isn't the first time the show has pushed the Beth-sex angle.  I think it was the beginning of season 3 when she gave Rick a seductive kiss on the cheek. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #618 on: March 03, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
I saw that on another site, so I assume it's true. 

And I believe Georgia's age of consent is 16 or 17 if we're going to get nitpicky about it. 

This isn't the first time the show has pushed the Beth-sex angle.  I think it was the beginning of season 3 when she gave Rick a seductive kiss on the cheek.

I'm assuming she is 18.  I  don't think the show will push under age sexual situations.  Also, I don't think the show is going there but just compassion and unity of friends. 

Post pregnancy wanking should have stopped by now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2014, 05:46:09 PM »
Beth appears to be 18 on the show...was 16 in season 2, and in season 4 is 18, if this Wiki is correct.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Beth_Greene

The actress is 28, FYI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions