No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »
Really?

I got nothing out of it. Dialogue seemed forced.

I wanted the pig to come back.  THAT would have been amazing.

The whole stupid head in a bag diversion was asinine. She could have killed herself a thousand times.  Why wait until he was there? Just a really bad piece of a story.

Really weak to me. 

"Pookie"  Oh hell no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »
Really?

I got nothing out of it. Dialogue seemed forced.

I wanted the pig to come back.  THAT would have been amazing.

The whole stupid head in a bag diversion was asinine. She could have killed herself a thousand times.  Why wait until he was there? Just a really bad piece of a story.

Really weak to me. 

"Pookie"  Oh hell no.

There shouldn't be anything to it.  It's a hopeless planet with humans trying to survive. 

The pig coming back would have been forced.  Also impossible to pull off.  Only pigs become zombies?  Or all animals?  Insects too?  You swat a wasp and it comes back as zombie wasp?

Yeah, the head in a bag was lame, but I thought that side story was good.  If he had just been chained up like one of Michonne's goons, then it would have worked better.  If I was writing, I would have had her attack Rick with a club or something and Rick kill her.  Then she could thank him for doing what she never had the guts to do herself. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #583 on: October 14, 2013, 02:38:28 AM »
Patrick getting an possible Airborne illness could be a huge change in the show. I really enjoyed the raining Zombie scene in the Big Lots. Oh & the reason so many walkers are crowding around the fence is because someone is feeding the walkers live rats.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:09:13 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #584 on: October 14, 2013, 10:23:25 AM »
After watching our recorded Breaking Bad marathon, I was left with a meh after last nights Walking Dead episode.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #585 on: October 14, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
Same here and not even breaking bad hangover. 

Just meh.

I don't care about any of the stories. 

Farmer Rick doesn't motivate me. Neither does emoting Rick. He's outlived his usefulness. Kill him now.
I (like most) despise Carl. Kill him two seasons ago.
Michone is a one-note parody.
They're trying too hard to humanize Darryl.
Sick of gimpy grampa Jones and his intonations of wisdom.
Hot girl was much more interesting before she became part of a love story.
Carol, eh, she was weak before.
Teddy Bear Tyrese is expendable and way worse than TJ
Isn't one angry black woman enough?
Drunk medic... pfft.
Phineas with the flu? Yawn.

Maybe it gets better, but if they were hoping to hook new viewers last night, that wasn't the way to do it.

The show was better with Dale, TJ and even skank Andrea -- who I hated.

I caught myself texting and looking up stuff on my phone during the show last night.  Was just flat boring. Flat. And boring.

Oh, a stick through a zombie eye? Yeah. Seen that. Stepped on a zombie's head? Seen that too. 

The stupid head in the bag thing really pushed it into stupidity for me.  That was just bad.  Severed head isn't gonna live.  Sorry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #586 on: October 15, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
Same here and not even breaking bad hangover. 

Just meh.

I don't care about any of the stories. 

Farmer Rick doesn't motivate me. Neither does emoting Rick. He's outlived his usefulness. Kill him now.
I (like most) despise Carl. Kill him two seasons ago.
Michone is a one-note parody.
They're trying too hard to humanize Darryl.
Sick of gimpy grampa Jones and his intonations of wisdom.
Hot girl was much more interesting before she became part of a love story.
Carol, eh, she was weak before.
Teddy Bear Tyrese is expendable and way worse than TJ
Isn't one angry black woman enough?
Drunk medic... pfft.
Phineas with the flu? Yawn.

Maybe it gets better, but if they were hoping to hook new viewers last night, that wasn't the way to do it.

The show was better with Dale, TJ and even skank Andrea -- who I hated.

I caught myself texting and looking up stuff on my phone during the show last night.  Was just flat boring. Flat. And boring.

Oh, a stick through a zombie eye? Yeah. Seen that. Stepped on a zombie's head? Seen that too. 

The stupid head in the bag thing really pushed it into stupidity for me.  That was just bad.  Severed head isn't gonna live.  Sorry.
For once, we agree on something entertainment related.

I'm getting tired of the show. No plot seems to ever develop. The Governor stuff, despite what was said in here, is one of the few plotlines that kept it interesting.

I've said it before, but Season 1 was interesting. Threw you in the middle of this crazy zombie apocalypse trying to figure out what the hell went down. Rick woke up to a world overrun, and we slowly were learning how it came to be. It was about one man's struggle to survive, and the characters he met along the way. Desperately trying to make it to safety. Trying to learn about what happened. The CDC stuff was interesting.

Now we get entire season-and-a-halfs that take place in one location. Seeing people survive as a community. With the occasional daytrip out-on-the-town to stab things through zombie heads. But the community stuff is not even interesting. At least with Woodberry, there was an element of, How would a society be built if we were starting from scratch and under these odd circumstances. Still, I feel like that wasn't really even explored. I guess they're getting into that a little with the prison community.

I just feel like the show has been reduced to 45 minutes of talking about nothing of any consequence, and 15 minutes of zombie attack scenes that we've seen over and over and over again. I need plot advancement. I need storyline. I need them to make some sort of progress.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:45:23 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #587 on: October 15, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »

I just feel like the show has been reduced to 45 30 minutes of talking about nothing of any consequence, and 15 minutes of zombie attack scenes that we've seen over and over and over again.

You forgot about the commercials. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #588 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
You forgot about the commercials.
I love the commercials and traffic lights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #589 on: October 15, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
I love the commercials and traffic lights.

and colon exams
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #590 on: October 15, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
For once, we agree on something entertainment related.

I'm getting tired of the show. No plot seems to ever develop. The Governor stuff, despite what was said in here, is one of the few plotlines that kept it interesting.

I've said it before, but Season 1 was interesting. Threw you in the middle of this crazy zombie apocalypse trying to figure out what the hell went down. Rick woke up to a world overrun, and we slowly were learning how it came to be. It was about one man's struggle to survive, and the characters he met along the way. Desperately trying to make it to safety. Trying to learn about what happened. The CDC stuff was interesting.

Now we get entire season-and-a-halfs that take place in one location. Seeing people survive as a community. With the occasional daytrip out-on-the-town to stab things through zombie heads. But the community stuff is not even interesting. At least with Woodberry, there was an element of, How would a society be built if we were starting from scratch and under these odd circumstances. Still, I feel like that wasn't really even explored. I guess they're getting into that a little with the prison community.

I just feel like the show has been reduced to 45 minutes of talking about nothing of any consequence, and 15 minutes of zombie attack scenes that we've seen over and over and over again. I need plot advancement. I need storyline. I need them to make some sort of progress.

I just see it as a live action video game.  Kill some shit.  Create problems.

Our next problem is obviously some kind of new plague. 

I'd love for the show to take on a better plot, but I don't think the budget would allow it.  Give us a rumor of a cure being found in Arizona.  Or a rumor of a city unscathed and still functioning normally.  A drifter saying that the ocean's salt water repels the walkers.  Then have Rick and Carl or whoever try to get there.  Going through crazy shit and dealing with psychotic humans along the way. 

The governor was awful.  Most boring character I've ever seen on TV.  It was mainly the terrible acting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #591 on: October 15, 2013, 12:50:53 PM »
Give us a rumor of a cure being found in Arizona.  Or a rumor of a city unscathed and still functioning normally.  A drifter saying that the ocean's salt water repels the walkers.  Then have Rick and Carl or whoever try to get there.  Going through crazy shit and dealing with psychotic humans along the way.
This shit right here is exactly what I'm trying to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #592 on: October 15, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
Give us a rumor of a cure being found in Arizona. 

At the risk of spoiling stuff...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/the-walking-dead-casts-southlands-michael-cudlitz-as-abraham.html

The trinity of new cast members for "The Walking Dead" is complete. "Southland" star Michael Cudlitz has been cast in the show as Abraham in the fourth season of the zombie apocalypse show.

Abraham joins Eugene, the recently cast Josh McDermitt, and Rosita (Christian Serratos), in a trio that crosses paths with the main group. In the comics, Abraham eventually becomes Rick's right-hand man. It will be interesting to see how that translates to the show. Prior to the outbreak, Abraham was a sports coach and member of the military.

Cudlitz spoke to TV Line about the casting and how difficult it's been to keep it a secret. "I was laying low because [Abraham has] a very iconic look," he says. "It would be very easy for somebody to put the pieces together if they saw me strolling around [near the show's set.] So I was staying very close to the hotel. And I didn't hang out with any of the other castmembers."

The episode that introduces Abraham, Eugene and Rosita has yet to be announced. "The Walking Dead" Season 4 premieres Sunday, October 13, at 9 p.m. ET on AMC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #593 on: October 20, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Weaker than last week but still miles ahead of season 3.  Will continue watching. 

I will say that Carol's story line is fucking horrible right now.  Sweet, I-Need-Darryl Carol suddenly is a hardass and teaching children how to kill their own fathers?  And calling them pussies on top of that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #594 on: October 21, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »
Breaking Bad this show is NOT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #595 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:01 AM »
Breaking Bad this show is NOT.

And it shouldn't be. 

Breaking Bad was all about character development.  I barely care for any of the characters in a post-apocalyptic show.  Just give me zombies, gore, some crazy scenarios, and people getting killed.  Carol can go from sensitive to hardass to poet to half-woman, half-machine.  Don't care.  She either needs to be killing zombies or having her throat ripped out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
Breaking Bad was all about character development.  I barely care for any of the characters in a post-apocalyptic show.  Just give me zombies, gore, some crazy scenarios, and people getting killed.  Carol can go from sensitive to hardass to poet to half-woman, half-machine.  Don't care.  She either needs to be killing zombies or having her throat ripped out.

I think that may be the difference between a zombie movie and a zombie TV series.

With a movie, you have a limited amount of time.  So you show the crazier parts of a zombie apocalypse.  Killing, gore, survival instincts, etc.  And at the end of most zombie movies, there usually is some sort of resolution.  Maybe not a cure in which zombies are now gone, but the characters are left in a safer place, and it is presumed that their lives will not be as crazy from here on out due to them adapting to the situation and figuring out how to stay safe.  They figure out how to deal with the situation in some sort of way other than just running around and killing zombies.  But the violence is what the majority of the movie is about because of the shorter period of time that the movie shows us, and so that's what the genre has traditionally been about.

What a TV series, it's an ongoing thing that covers a much longer period of time than a movie.  Sure, you could just make it non-stop crazy violence, but that's not realistic.  At some point, people are going to figure out how to deal with this, at least temporarily if not permanently.  You can't realistically be fighting all of the time, especially when energy is running low because you don't know where your next meal is going to come from.  You're going to have to find a place to hunker down.  You're going to have to figure out a way to be safe.  And people are going to bitch and bicker with one another about how to best do these things.  People are going to try to deal with this type of life in one way, then change their minds, then change it again.  People are going to go crazy.  People are going to be whiny bitches.  And that has to be part of the story if you want to make it a realistic, ongoing TV series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #597 on: October 23, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
You're going to have to find a place to hunker down.

Yes.  People are going to always try to find a place to hunker down, and if they find one, the show is over.

Which is why the prison needs to be stormed.  Give me a big herd of zombies breaking the fence. 

Or how about this?  They run out of supplies and they've ransacked the surrounding areas.  Time to move on.

This kind of story works with movement.  The threat of zombies or humans should always be ruining that sense of safety.  That was the problem with season 3.  Everyone was safe except we knew a battle was brewing.  So we were expecting danger that didn't come until the very end.  It was lame.

I'm happy with the direction the show is going now.  Zombies are pushing in the fence.  There's a flu going around.  Maybe they'll have to pack up and move on.  That's the spark that keeps me interested. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #598 on: October 23, 2013, 01:48:07 PM »
Yes.  People are going to always try to find a place to hunker down, and if they find one, the show is over.

Which is why the prison needs to be stormed.  Give me a big herd of zombies breaking the fence. 

Or how about this?  They run out of supplies and they've ransacked the surrounding areas.  Time to move on.

This kind of story works with movement.  The threat of zombies or humans should always be ruining that sense of safety.  That was the problem with season 3.  Everyone was safe except we knew a battle was brewing.  So we were expecting danger that didn't come until the very end.  It was lame.

I agree.  At the same time, you need those slow moments where things appear to be over and character interaction occurs.  Otherwise, you're never fully introduced to new characters who will play important parts.  Or you won't know why character A saved character B, but not character C.  Or you won't know why character A suddenly had a change in personality.  Or you don't really give two shits about any of the characters because you don't know much about them, so character deaths no longer matter.

Which is why I think the show has to deviate from action and danger from time to time over the long run, unlike zombie movies which primarily focus on action and danger over the short run.

I'm happy with the direction the show is going now.  Zombies are pushing in the fence.  There's a flu going around.  Maybe they'll have to pack up and move on.  That's the spark that keeps me interested.

I was slightly concerned when there were three or four back-to-back scenes of couples (new and old), but as the show continued past those scenes, it didn't evolve into a soap opera'esque relationship drama.  I agree that they're moving things along relatively well so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #599 on: October 27, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »
So who's the psycho?

It would be easy to say ole Carl, since we have seen the budding serial killer on the rise from the beginning.

But he was with Rick.  (I think). And he's too obvious. 

All the mains were out stabbing zombies thru the eye (which, about damn time - I've said from the beginning they should have had a daily fence clearing party).  But it needs to be someone we know or have been introduced to, or else there's no shock value.

Maybe the singing chick?  She is awfully attached to Judith - gotta protect the babe, right?

Thoughts?

It's still entertaining enough to make me tune in.  Maybe now that Rick has shaken off the Nobel Peace Prize Kumbaya mode, things will pick up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions