Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #540 on: March 24, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »
Outstanding.....?  Nevermind.  I don't want to be the wet blanket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
Outstanding.....?  Nevermind.  I don't want to be the wet blanket.

I hated the episode you loved.  Finding Radio gone crazy in the loft didn't do squat for me. 

I liked tonight's.   

Don't care about Glen and Maggie at all, they could leave that out.  But I like Merle.  Thought it was very well done and mixed the horror and brutality quite well. 

I still want to shoot Carl in the face.  I despise Lori and wish she would die again.  But tonight's episode didn't telegraph every move.  It was just a well-told, well-acted effort. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
I'm pot committed, so I'll finish out the season and continue talking about it.  But I really do see myself skipping out on season 4 if it's anything like season 3. 

Andrea is worthless and a total moron.  The governor is lame and needs to die; it really seems like he's going to become a main staple of the show however.  Herschel is Dale without the hat or mechanic skills.  Carol COULD have been intersting if she and Darryl hooked up, but for some reason, the writers introduced that storyline and then forgot all about it.  The "I see dead Lori" angle needs to go away as it adds nothing to the plot.  What exactly has Rick done lately to even warrant his presence on the show?

I actually started to like Carl.  He toughened up, learned to shoot, and was actively contributing to the protection of the group. 

The show can easily pull me back in if they get back to the apocalypse and less on the weak tension in the buildup of a "war" with the lame ass Governor. 

And why are the zombies so cartoonish now? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »
If I'm at the prison and decided to vacate it, (which I wouldn't) I would booby trap the fuck outta that place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #544 on: March 25, 2013, 11:08:46 AM »
I think they'll be gone when the governor storms the prison.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
I think they'll be gone when the governor storms the prison.

Hopefully it's booby trapped. 

Because I get a bad feeling that season 3 is going to end with the governor going crazy and wanting to chase down Michonne and the prison group instead of going back to Woodberry setting up season 4 to be full of lame ass Governor storylines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »

So long Merle. Btw, I agree with others. Its time to kill the fuck out of the guvna.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #547 on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »
I'm pot committed, so I'll finish out the season and continue talking about it.  But I really do see myself skipping out on season 4 if it's anything like season 3. 

Andrea is worthless and a total moron.  The governor is lame and needs to die; it really seems like he's going to become a main staple of the show however.  Herschel is Dale without the hat or mechanic skills.  Carol COULD have been intersting if she and Darryl hooked up, but for some reason, the writers introduced that storyline and then forgot all about it.  The "I see dead Lori" angle needs to go away as it adds nothing to the plot.  What exactly has Rick done lately to even warrant his presence on the show?

I actually started to like Carl.  He toughened up, learned to shoot, and was actively contributing to the protection of the group. 

The show can easily pull me back in if they get back to the apocalypse and less on the weak tension in the buildup of a "war" with the lame ass Governor. 

And why are the zombies so cartoonish now?
We're on the same wavelength.

I don't hate the show by any means, but at this point I'm pretty luke-warm on it.

Season one had action. It had a story. It moved along. Starting with Rick waking up to the Apocalypse and trying to figure out WTF happened was exciting. Figuring out the "science" behind what took place to cause all of this and how the zombies are created at the CDC. Lots of nomadic wandering from cities to rural countryside on an actual mission with actual purpose, as opposed to just wandering around for survival. That was interesting. Additionally, if we are going to focus on the interpersonal melodrama, the Rick/Lori/Shane dynamic was actually an interesting one. The best friend's ultimate betrayal. Who's the baby daddy? Shane being a loose cannon. Again, all interesting.

Now it just seems like there is just zero plot. There's a town called Woodbery, led by a corrupt asshole. Then there's a prison where the protagonists reside. They're going to clash at some inevitable point in the future. That's about the long and short of the entire season. Which sadly, is infinitely more exciting than what took place in Season 2...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #548 on: March 28, 2013, 12:05:49 AM »
Want to know how it's all going to end?  Watch the Toy Story movies.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #549 on: March 28, 2013, 06:47:41 AM »
That's good....Consider it stolet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #550 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:14 AM »
That's good....Consider it stolet.

For easier sharing without having to send/post each picture, here's the link:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniable-proof-that-the-walking-dead-and-toy-story-have-th
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #551 on: March 28, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
So Rick and crew are going to end up in a landfill falling into an incinerator? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #552 on: March 28, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
I remember in the first Toy Story where they went to the CDC.  The good ole days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #553 on: March 28, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »
I remember in the first Toy Story where they went to the CDC.  The good ole days.
The first Toy Story was good and kept my interest throughout I had just turned 13 when it was released. The next one was a real snoozer, and the third one, while there was slightly more action, it still couldn't hold my interest.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:43:08 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #554 on: March 31, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
Fuck.  May have lost me there. 

Spoilers:

The finale was shit.  Andrea was the big ending?  Who fucking cares about that cocky bitch that sleeps with whatever asshole she comes in contact with?  She got the hero's goodbye and didn't deserve it.

The governor is still alive.  That was one redeeming part though - he finally became a legit psycho villain.  But again, the governor's lingering around again keeping the show from moving forward. 

And they haven't left the prison.  In fact, they brought the needy folks to the prison.  Woodbury had gardens and houses and bathrooms and hot showers and supplies but naw.  Fuck that shit.  We want 8x5 cell blocks with zombies all over the place with people we don't know.

And Carl.  Fucking Carl. 

And Ghost Lori still around. 

And 30 people storming the prison and running freely across the lawn but Glenn and Maggie with machine guns can't hit one person. 

Show is lame. 

I'll still watch the season 4 premier. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2013, 06:29:38 AM »
It was disappointing but I can accept it now that Andrea is dead.  I feel money ahead now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2013, 07:39:51 AM »
It was disappointing but I can accept it now that Andrea is dead.  I feel money ahead now.
Good point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:26 AM »
Hate Andrea.  Hate Lori.

Glad I never have to see either one of them again.

And yeah.  How stupid was it not to take over the town?  That was ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:55 AM »

And yeah.  How stupid was it not to take over the town?  That was ridiculous.

Yeah I was originally thinking this as well but after considering it,  the prison is a  much more defensible position.  Now that being said I would have stripped the down down for everything that wasn't nailed down and then torched it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »
Yeah I was originally thinking this as well but after considering it,  the prison is a  much more defensible position.  Now that being said I would have stripped the down down for everything that wasn't nailed down and then torched it.

My problem with their plan was that you had to know the Gov was going to smash and burn the place...and he did (blew up the guard towers, smashed the gates, breached the security doors).  So, why plan on going back to the (now trashed) prison?  You either have a plan to trap them in the yard and pick them off or you abandon the booby-trapped prison and have a much better plan for making sure the Gov and his troops get locked inside with the biters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.